Where does Kurt Angle stand among the greats?

2nd tier. Along with Mr. perfect and dean meliko

I think Kurt should be up there with anyone because of his versatility. He was a pro wrestling savant. He was a 10/10 worker who could wrestle anyone in any style. He could cut great promos. He could do the serious ass kicking shooter character, he could play the goofy straight-laced athlete guy, he could play the chickenshit heel. He had amazing comedy chops. He went from beginner to elite performer faster than anyone in the history of the business.

The only flaw you could even point to was his size and look. He was under 6 foot and probably 210lbs. He wasn't a muscle guy, and he didn't look intimidating. If Kurt was 6 inches taller and 30-40lbs heavier he would have been perfect.

Anyone who questioned his size would need to look at his Olympic Gold....

...won with a broken freaking neck I might add.

His legitimacy got him a pass on size, IMO.

Anyone who questioned his size would need to look at his Olympic Gold....

...won with a broken freaking neck I might add.

His legitimacy got him a pass on size, IMO.

I'm not saying it was a huge thing, but if you're going to change anything about Kurt, you're going to bump him up to 6'2" - 6'3" and put another 20-30lbs of muscle on him. The general public doesn't always understand legitimacy, but everyone understands size.

I'm not saying it was a huge thing, but if you're going to change anything about Kurt, you're going to bump him up to 6'2" - 6'3" and put another 20-30lbs of muscle on him. The general public doesn't always understand legitimacy, but everyone understands size.
He was fine as is. He tossed around the big guys with ease.

3rd tier

1st Tier: Cross over superstars

2nd Tier: Main event draws that don't quite reach tier 1.

3rd Tier: Guys who were great at multiple aspects but never really became "the guy," and didn't draw tons of fans solely on their name.

4th Tier: Regular guys

5th Tier: Jobbers

Top 10 in wrestling and strong case for number 1 in athletic accomplishments with Danny Hodge being the other top decorated athlete.

3rd tier

1st Tier: Cross over superstars

2nd Tier: Main event draws that don't quite reach tier 1.

3rd Tier: Guys who were great at multiple aspects but never really became "the guy," and didn't draw tons of fans solely on their name.

4th Tier: Regular guys

5th Tier: Jobbers
<Y2JSmirk>

if he were in the baseball hall of fame he would be roberto clemente

hockey hall of fame steve yzerman
basketball hall of fame dr.j
football eric dickerson

if he were in the baseball hall of fame he would be roberto clemente

hockey hall of fame steve yzerman
basketball hall of fame dr.j
football eric dickerson

Taker would be more Steve Yzerman...aka The Captain, who spent his whole career with one team.

Angle is Nick Lindstrom

Taker would be more Steve Yzerman...aka The Captain, who spent his whole career with one team.

Angle is Nick Lindstrom
i was speaking strictly in accomplishments. yzerman was incredible, but a notch below the gretzky's and lemieux's. i think angle is above lidstrom. of course steve from a team standpoint was amazing

i was speaking strictly in accomplishments. yzerman was incredible, but a notch below the gretzky's and lemieux's. i think angle is above lidstrom. of course steve from a team standpoint was amazing

Nick Lindstrom is considered the second best defenseman only to Bobby Orr, but never was pushed as the guy (even when he wore the C) I personally think it's a good parallel.

Nick Lindstrom is considered the second best defenseman only to Bobby Orr, but never was pushed as the guy (even when he wore the C) I personally think it's a good parallel.
for sure. nick was great, no doubt. and a good comparison. just a notch below yzerman, imo.

Back