Opinion Where is Kaepernick?

tangata motu'a

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would like this to be a real discussion rather than going off the rails. But we all know that is not going to happen.

Here is my question...….where is this guy? I could be wrong but outside of a couple of tweets and a promise to spend some money, he seems to be sitting this one out.

I see all these memes about how he was right and people were saying he could be like a modern day mlk. and this is his chance to lead the black community in this fight for equality. yet he has not been out front at all. if he wants to prove it was more than a publicity stunt, shouldn't he be on the front lines?

Maybe I missed something, so if I am wrong, by all means correct me

He threw out a tweet that essentially condoned the rioting and looting. It wasn't too widely covered(his star is fading). Just saw it on the morning sports show.

He was mad he got benched for Gabbert. Blaine put up similar numbers while playing better competition. One of them wanted a huge contract, the other took a minimum contract to stay in the league. The one that took the minimum contract is still in the league.

Isn't he hated by both extreme sides of the skin colour coin that neither fully accept him?

He's where he should be. I don't know why people act like Kaepernick is supposed to be this vocal leader that's out in front of the camera at all times seeking attention. He wasn't out seeking attention when he was in the NFL and kneeling, that attention was brought to him, you didn't see Kaepernick out jumping in front of the podium at every opportunity to talk about why he was kneeling and the significance of it.

He's where he should be. I don't know why people act like Kaepernick is supposed to be this vocal leader that's out in front of the camera at all times seeking attention. He wasn't out seeking attention when he was in the NFL and kneeling, that attention was brought to him, you didn't see Kaepernick out jumping in front of the podium at every opportunity to talk about why he was kneeling and the significance of it.

Would anyone want to talk about how they got benched for Blaine Gabbert?

How come the same people who have a problem with Kaepernick kneeling during the National Anthem also don’t have a problem with people waving Confederate flags? One is kneeling to protest police brutality and the other is waving the flag of a bunch of hillbilly losers who waged war against the government because they didn’t want to give up slavery.

How come the same people who have a problem with Kaepernick kneeling during the National Anthem also don’t have a problem with people waving Confederate flags? One is kneeling to protest police brutality and the other is waving the flag of a bunch of hillbilly losers who waged war against the government because they didn’t want to give up slavery.

You're arguing with yourself.

He made his money, now it's just a matter of putting out token stuff on social media while riding his gimmick all the way to the bank. What did you really expect out of the millenial generation? Another MLK? Come on.

The likes of MLK and Malcolm X put their lives on the line, literally, to improve their conditions, can't really expect a multi-millionaire to do that.

If there's ever going to be another man like that, it's not going to be some guy living in a mansion with three swimming pools.

lol no....but Gabbert and Kaepernick didn't put up similar numbers if I remember correctly. Kaep was clearly better.

Tell that to the Bear when he played them his last season.

Back