Opinion Where is Kaepernick?

No. no, no he was definitely the one projecting himself as a civil rights hero.
imrs.php

Cvgf-XhWcAASmwb.jpg

CyTRBneWgAACJK8.jpg

CxL48PFUkAATBxX.jpg

5a26ba281400009f53b6b855.jpg

Colin-Kaepernick-Man-of-the-Year-1217-GQ-FECK03-01.jpg

kaepernick-colin-muhammad-ali-shirt.jpg

8c36c2c4bab168c969ae663096f7ebed.png

f7f4f10dcb327dbe25c1433a8101f246.jpg

0tzoa21auxqzkjdy9j8jglr8ennedgp0muh70y1fpoagwepzl7c7e1lditgedxgn.jpg

CzBOC1gUAAAUu-I.jpg

So much for fighting the good fight against oppression. He sold that soul to China Shoe INC, I mean Nike with the quickness!

How anyone views the man as a hero is beyond me. He's a totally undeniable fake.
Yeah, every time I get blackballed from earning a living as a professional athlete due to social controversy , I always tell corporate sponsors to kiss my ass and shove their millions up their asses so I can work at Burger King

But you said Kaep was bravely still taking a knee while the POTUS was shitting all over him and calling for his job. And that did not happen, because Obama was President. I mean if you could just admit that you made it up, it would be easier to move on. or, you could have tried to make a save and said you meant the future president.

and I don't buy the shit at all from the cops. they have no idea what they are doing. they have shit all over people for so long that they are confused when they are not in control
OK. I really don't know shit about football. That's the truth. Guys in helmets and armor taking over an opponent's land... really isn't my thing. I'm really just into MMA and Boxing. no helmets, no land... just pure combat sports.

All I really know about Kaepernick, I have learned from when he took a knee many years ago and from the news about Trump calling him a sonofabitch and I could really care less about his football. I just know that he sat through the anthem, then a Green Beret reached out to him, they had some productive dialogue, then Colin took a knee during the anthem because the Green Beret suggested taking a knee indicated respect to the fallen.... and then at some point, people refused to acknowledge the knee was about police brutality and bullshitted themselves into thinking the knee was some bullshit anti-veteran movement and then Trump somehow attached himself to the narrative and further promoted the kneel wasn't a demand for justice and then George Floyd got killed, and now a bunch of white cops around the nation are kneeling like Kaep did.

So again, when you start a thread asking where Kaep is now, I am more than happy to send that photo of all these people taking the knee of solidarity based on how fuck all I know about footballs

Yeah, every time I get blackballed from earning a living as a professional athlete due to social controversy , I always tell corporate sponsors to kiss my ass and shove their millions up their asses so I can work at Burger King

He wasn't blackballed, he just wasn't worth the baggage he carries for a 2nd string QB. And he brought that on himself.

Try and sugar coat it all you want the man is a total hypocrite and straight up sold out after supposedly being all about
fighting oppression. Now he's literally a walking billboard for oppression.

Gnbq.gif

OK. I really don't know shit about football. That's the truth. Guys in helmets and armor taking over an opponent's land... really isn't my thing. I'm really just into MMA and Boxing. no helmets, no land... just pure combat sports.

All I really know about Kaepernick, I have learned from when he took a knee many years ago and from the news about Trump calling him a sonofabitch and I could really care less about his football. I just know that he sat through the anthem, then a Green Beret reached out to him, they had some productive dialogue, then Colin took a knee during the anthem because the Green Beret suggested taking a knee indicated respect to the fallen.... and then at some point, people refused to acknowledge the knee was about police brutality and bullshitted themselves into thinking the knee was some bullshit anti-veteran movement and then Trump somehow attached himself to the narrative and further promoted the kneel wasn't a demand for justice and then George Floyd got killed, and now a bunch of white cops around the nation are kneeling like Kaep did.

So again, when you start a thread asking where Kaep is now, I am more than happy to send that photo of all these people taking the knee of solidarity based on how fuck all I know about footballs
I like your honesty. As for my thread, although I think Kaep is a con man, I really wanted to have an honest dialogue about his absence. Because I think if he were what he presented himself as, he would be out front of things. That is what I don't understand either. People keep mentioning him and giving him hero status, so if he were out there he would become MASSIVE in the movement. So it is odd to me that he is not out there. I don't say that to shit on him, just that it is curious to me

He wasn't blackballed, he just wasn't worth the baggage he carries for a 2nd string QB. And he brought that on himself.

Try and sugar coat it all you want the man is a total hypocrite and straight up sold out after supposedly being all about
fighting oppression. Now he's literally a walking billboard for oppression.

Gnbq.gif
Sell out? So because he’s a second string qb, taking a gig with Nike makes him a sell out how?

Was he protesting For the wages kids in SE Asian jungles get for stitching shoes?

I like your honesty. As for my thread, although I think Kaep is a con man, I really wanted to have an honest dialogue about his absence. Because I think if he were what he presented himself as, he would be out front of things. That is what I don't understand either. People keep mentioning him and giving him hero status, so if he were out there he would become MASSIVE in the movement. So it is odd to me that he is not out there. I don't say that to shit on him, just that it is curious to me
You like my honesty? Well, thank you for creating a post around here that is actually interesting and engaging.

As for where Kapernick is now, the last I read about him was a few days ago. Someone in my FB feed was complaining about the tone of his new message:

“When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction.

The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears, because your violence has brought this resistance.

We have the right to fight back! Rest in Power George Floyd,"

Any thoughts on why that message from Kaepernick would trigger his haters?

Sell out? So because he’s a second string qb, taking a gig with Nike makes him a sell out how?

Was he protesting For the wages kids in SE Asian jungles get for stitching shoes?

You actually made it sound worse than I did.

Destitute jungle kids making Mr. Oppression rich, fuck that sounds bad.

You like my honesty? Well, thank you for creating a post around here that is actually interesting and engaging.

As for where Kapernick is now, the last I read about him was a few days ago. Someone in my FB feed was complaining about the tone of his new message:

“When civility leads to death, revolting is the only logical reaction.

The cries for peace will rain down, and when they do, they will land on deaf ears, because your violence has brought this resistance.

We have the right to fight back! Rest in Power George Floyd,"

Any thoughts on why that message from Kaepernick would trigger his haters?
well most in here if/when wrong or ill informed will just double down. I can see how the time would have blended together, and it isn't like trump never talked poorly of him. it just wasn't while he was prez and keep was playing.

as for your question, his haters also hate the rioters. so it isn't like he is going in a new direction. it might be more puzzling if he were calling for an end to the violence. but at this point in time, the left and right are honestly so divided that they will never give the other side any credit. There is literally nothing Trump could have done during this that would have been applauded by the democrats. good, bad or in the middle, they would say he has botched it horrible. and if it were a democrat in office, the same would be true from the other side

You actually made it sound worse than I did.

Destitute jungle kids making Mr. Oppression rich, fuck that sounds bad.
Well, the conditions they live under ... for a lot of them it’s either prostitution, crime or getting paid a living wage in their currency to produce shoes that people are willing to loot during a riot.

But the real question is how did Kaepernick sell out (Nike) when his protest was about injustices in America and not anything to do with Nike’s exploitation of 3rd world labor

I would like this to be a real discussion rather than going off the rails. But we all know that is not going to happen.

Here is my question...….where is this guy? I could be wrong but outside of a couple of tweets and a promise to spend some money, he seems to be sitting this one out.

I see all these memes about how he was right and people were saying he could be like a modern day mlk. and this is his chance to lead the black community in this fight for equality. yet he has not been out front at all. if he wants to prove it was more than a publicity stunt, shouldn't he be on the front lines?

Maybe I missed something, so if I am wrong, by all means correct me
He probably agreed to not use his name as a platform in the settlement with the NFL.

Essentially the NFL paid him millions to shut up

Well, the conditions they live under ... for a lot of them it’s either prostitution, crime or getting paid a living wage in their currency to produce shoes that people are willing to loot during a riot.

But the real question is how did Kaepernick sell out (Nike) when his protest was about injustices in America and not anything to do with Nike’s exploitation of 3rd world labor

It's hypocritical to value one people's oppression over another while simultaneously leeching off another for your own profit, indifferent to their suffering (accepting sponsorship from an oppressive capitalistic company = indifference). He'd have made a better statement denying the sponsorship, and posting about it publicly how he will refuse it until they pay the kids/people an actual wage, not sneakers for a quarter a day, world wide. Alas, he did not, and his deal is worth 22 mil Plus royalties.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything: Integrity, innocent lives overseas.

FTR, I agreed with his kneeling. But he has become that which he sought to destroy the moment a $ sign was flashed.

DmMVEk3WsAACHq1

He probably agreed to not use his name as a platform in the settlement with the NFL.

Essentially the NFL paid him millions to shut up
he already has. and that would make no sense. you can't have an agreement that a person can't speak. I am sure he has to keep quiet about the nfl, but you cant shut him down completely

he already has. and that would make no sense. you can't have an agreement that a person can't speak. I am sure he has to keep quiet about the nfl, but you cant shut him down completely
Uh you can sign a contract to give up rights to protest. You just can't enter into a contract to perform any illegal activity (prostitution, rob a bank, etc)

Uh you can sign a contract to give up rights to protest. You just can't enter into a contract to perform any illegal activity (prostitution, rob a bank, etc)
uh, if you think any person would sign a contract that would forbid them from doing something like that, you are not bright. and wow, could you imagine this conversation?

"Mr. Kaepernick, we are prepared to settle with you. However, in return for the money you may never again talk about black lives mattering or about anything to do with equality ever again in any format."

Yea, I am sure that happened. if it did, keep would have had a field day with it and he probably would own the nfl right now. that is perhaps the most absurd suggestion I have ever heard on these boards. to suggest that the nfl would settle against claims of racism by being over the top and off the charts racist is laughable.

It's hypocritical to value one people's oppression over another while simultaneously leeching off another for your own profit, indifferent to their suffering (accepting sponsorship from an oppressive capitalistic company = indifference). He'd have made a better statement denying the sponsorship, and posting about it publicly how he will refuse it until they pay the kids/people an actual wage, not sneakers for a quarter a day, world wide. Alas, he did not, and his deal is worth 22 mil Plus royalties.
Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything: Integrity, innocent lives overseas.

FTR, I agreed with his kneeling. But he has become that which he sought to destroy the moment a $ sign was flashed.

DmMVEk3WsAACHq1
That is a very good explanation of your position.

People barely even remember who that dude is. He was a b-lister in his prime, he's completely irrelevant now.

No. no, no he was definitely the one projecting himself as a civil rights hero.
imrs.php

Cvgf-XhWcAASmwb.jpg

CyTRBneWgAACJK8.jpg

CxL48PFUkAATBxX.jpg

5a26ba281400009f53b6b855.jpg

Colin-Kaepernick-Man-of-the-Year-1217-GQ-FECK03-01.jpg

kaepernick-colin-muhammad-ali-shirt.jpg

8c36c2c4bab168c969ae663096f7ebed.png

f7f4f10dcb327dbe25c1433a8101f246.jpg

0tzoa21auxqzkjdy9j8jglr8ennedgp0muh70y1fpoagwepzl7c7e1lditgedxgn.jpg

CzBOC1gUAAAUu-I.jpg

So much for fighting the good fight against oppression. He sold that soul to China Shoe INC, I mean Nike with the quickness!

How anyone views the man as a hero is beyond me. He's a totally undeniable fake.

Lol he wore some shirts

Back