Where is Mousasi!?

Hahaha. Let's take these 1 at a time.
1. "Has a bad gas tank". Salter has been to 1 decision in 22 fights. The 3rd rd only 4 times.
2. "Weak Hands". 18 wins 7KO 10 Subs 1 Decision. Seems like his hands aren't very slow or weak.
3. Only thing he did OK was chokes. He holds the Bellator MW record for subs. Be it chokes or heel hooks, a sub is a sub.

I love how people have no clue what they are talking about. Look at the cards for the Lavato fight. Salter was up 2-0 until getting caught with 34 seconds left in the 3rd. Salter also beat Van Steenis whom will be Champ one day and Mousasis protégé.
This will be a tough fight for both but if Salter gets it to the ground I see another CHOKE for the new Bellator MW Champ. If it stays standing Mousasi will be at the advantage. I'm going Salter in 3rd round RNC.

We will see august 13th..ill bump this baby boo

We will see august 13th..ill bump this baby boo
Salter is underrated I agree and deserves the shot, but Sherdog Salter made me really want Salter to win against Mousasi tho

1. "Has a bad gas tank". Salter has been to 1 decision in 22 fights. The 3rd rd only 4 times.
2. "Weak Hands". 18 wins 7KO 10 Subs 1 Decision. Seems like his hands aren't very slow or weak.
3. Only thing he did OK was chokes. He holds the Bellator MW record for subs. Be it chokes or heel hooks, a sub is a sub.

I love how people have no clue what they are talking about. Look at the cards for the Lavato fight. Salter was up 2-0 until getting caught with 34 seconds left in the 3rd. Salter also beat Van Steenis whom will be Champ one day and Mousasis protégé.
This will be a tough fight for both but if Salter gets it to the ground I see another CHOKE for the new Bellator MW Champ. If it stays standing Mousasi will be at the advantage. I'm going Salter in 3rd round RNC.
As long as mousasi is healthy ( this the weirdest thing in a mousasi fight 9 days out ...not a peep, nothing on his ACL tear .not one interview. I think Salter had one interview a month ago), mousasi is just as good on ground as Salter is. Let's not get this twisted. I respect Salter and hes another big wrestler/ grappler. The enormous Lovato couldnt do ZERO but lay on mousasi for dear life for a few rounds . Mousasi actually gained wrist control and swept the 5th degree before punching holes in his face ( 3rd round). Lovato shouldve never walked out of London with that title.

Yes , of course, Gegards best path to victory is on feet but some of these posts are crazy talk ( unless we see a mousasi who is either hurt or ready to walk away. I have no idea wtf is going on ).

Was Salter up 2-0 on Lovato cause I prett much remember a pretty tight fight up until sub. Salter another big underrated bmma middle but he" should" be a significant underdog. IDK

* I think the last time we heard from mousasi ( not kops) was the Lima post presser.
That's pretty crazy ( if I'm accurate)

Last edited:

Dude got his ass kicked

Just hanging out, watching some Peppa Pig, living life to the fullest.

This definitely blows - mousasi , 36 - still in prime, unbelievably- is wasting away his last best years. I'd rather see him take some credible boxing bouts at this point .I hope his training is on point. I have to wait months on top of months for him to fight Austin Vanderford???..... not even a date ?

I'd rather see him fight and win heavyweight championship/ BMMA . He can overcome size advantage with the talent depleted division. Bader would be his toughest fight and thats only if he can lay on him for 25 .

Ironically, hed need to bulk up to win 205 title as the size/talent more challenging.

I wish he wouldve stayed in UFC but couldnt blame him under circumstances.

This sucks SO bad.

Even whooping Yoel means nothing now.

This definitely blows - mousasi , 36 - still in prime, unbelievably- is wasting away his last best years. I'd rather see him take some credible boxing bouts at this point .I hope his training is on point. I have to wait months on top of months for him to fight Austin Vanderford???..... not even a date ?

I'd rather see him fight and win heavyweight championship/ BMMA . He can overcome size advantage with the talent depleted division. Bader would be his toughest fight and thats only if he can lay on him for 25 .

Ironically, hed need to bulk up to win 205 title as the size/talent more challenging.

This sucks SO bad.

Big Mousasi fan but I don't think he is in his prime. His striking has looked slower and sloppier lately. He definitely improved his offensive grappling (ground game has always been nasty but his TDs are better now).

Dude has been set for life for a while now too. I think he is scheduling his fights at his own pace and not caring much about anything else.

This sucks SO bad.

Yoel Romero was competative until around 42 years of age

Maybe Mousasi can take it real easy and slow and still be good up to that age, I don't thnik 36 is that old for a guy with good defensive boxing like Mousasi and iirc just 1 KO loss on record

If Glover can be UFC champ at his age why can't Mousasi at say 39?

Big Mousasi fan but I don't think he is in his prime. His striking has looked slower and sloppier lately. He definitely improved his offensive grappling (ground game has always been nasty but his TDs are better now).

Dude has been set for life for a while now too. I think he is scheduling his fights at his own pace and not caring much about anything else.
Exceptions to every rule in life. Mousasi only fighter to have 2 primes , on a few pound pound lists ( crazy) and I disagree with the slow. Dont confuse being over cautious with slowing down. Dont get me wrong , goat mousasi has been fighting for almost 2 decades so when I say that ( like I mentioned).... its winding down.

The only elite from yesteryear who's truly elite as we approach 2022.
We'll NEVER see anything like it again.

He has also voiced his frustration of his fight activity in all his most recent interviews.

Frustrating as an enormous mousasi fan.

* not delusional either- once he takes a bad loss , he'll walk away. We're not there yet which makes this whole ado that much aggravating .I mean - just watch the end of the 1st round of mousasi-Salter. This is the problem- people who dont know what they're talking about say silly ridiculous things like " after a slow start......" . A paced mousasi who knew john was going to do nothing but level or clinch ( mistake but pick your poison ) toyed with Salter. Salter couldnt take 1 knees in the clinch .... let alone 4. If it weren't a mousasi fight , I would've turned the channel- knowing the inevitable.

For my money , he hasnt lost a fight since the Hall tko..... and a diifferent ref , who knows ( not calling it a bad stoppage but.....).

Yoel Romero was competative until around 42 years of age

Maybe Mousasi can take it real easy and slow and still be good up to that age, I don't thnik 36 is that old for a guy with good defensive boxing like Mousasi and iirc just 1 KO loss on record

If Glover can be UFC champ at his age why can't Mousasi at say 39?
1 ( TKO) loss.
Big difference.
Hes never been separated from consciousness in almost 2 decades of cage fighting .

However if complacency shows in his training then he could very well say good bye to " prime ". I dont know the answer to this in being fair.

This sucks SO bad.

You know that after the Vanderford fight he's vacating the belt and moving to 205 to fight the winner of the GP? He clearly said this is his last fight at 185

Back