Which country had /has more influential musicians?

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
United States
Or
United kingdom

So bias aside

what do you guys think? Which country had / has the more influential musicians? Or, rock band/ rock stars??

I think i might have to the slide w/ the UK on this one

What say you ??

Per Capita? UK by a landslide

Total? Probably USA (but UK still close)

If we are just talking about rock I guess you gotta say the UK.
Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, the Who,
Phil Collins, , Queen, The Wanted etc etc just to name a few

US
UK don’t really got any good gangster rappers that were killing it during the early 90s on the East or west coast.

If we are just talking about rock I guess you gotta say the UK.
Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, the Who,
Phil Collins, , Queen, The Wanted etc etc just to name a few

One of those is different.

If an attempt at humour, I laughed.
If not........

We talking about music.
I am too
Just unlike you old fucks I need some lyrics and bass to really feel it. My ass ain’t so flat it that it gyrates unrhythmicallyto whatever flavor of the month guitar nerd the charts are marketing to the sheeple

USA easily. Silly question.

I am too
Just unlike you old fucks I need some lyrics and bass to really feel it. My ass ain’t so flat it that it gyrates unrhythmicallyto whatever flavor of the month guitar nerd the charts are marketing to the sheeple
Oh...

I am too

The grownups are talking here kiddo

UK if we're talking stadium rock and longevity.
But the two go hand in hand, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Fleetwood Mac and plenty of others had members from both sides of the pond.

Britain's biggest groups stepped it up a gear with American influence.
Without the blues we wouldn't have rock as we know it; Mick Jagger and Keith Richards bonded over Mick's muddy waters records he was carrying when they saw each other on a train years after they'd met at school, half of Led Zep 1-4 was riffs on old blues staples.

Back