Which Country/Region has the strongest people?

1. Tonga
2. Samoa
3. Fiji
4. New Zealand Maori

/thread

Also most overweight people in the world

Of course you will be strong as fuck when you squat 400 pounds every time you get off the couch lol

Good and funny guys though

Last edited:
I do no have experience with pure strength sports such as lifting. I have however grappled judo, wrestling and BJJ in various clubs and based on that my answer is Russia, by a pretty huge margin.
Not only Caucasus but Slavic Russians are always a problem to deal with, haha.

Oh and don't let my username fool you I am not Russian, this is just my honest obervation.

Anyone can become a witcher. The mutations, however, are extremely painful.

I do no have experience with pure strength sports such as lifting. I have however grappled judo, wrestling and BJJ in various clubs and based on that my answer is Russia, by a pretty huge margin.

Oh and don't let my username fool you I am not Russian, this is just my honest obervation.

Thats true. Russia/Caucasus/Eastern europe / Western Asia are probably the most underrated regions. Most people from this region respond really good in any kind of explosive,strength/power training. Most guys writing here probably have no clue. They dominate in many classes - weightlifting, wrestling, Judo and fighting in general aswell.

These are some of the most dominating in their profession:
Lasha Talakhadze - Weightlifting
Khabib Nurmagomedov - MMA/UFC
Beslan Mudranov (Judoka)
Abdulrashid Sadulaev (Wrestling)
Roman Dolidze - MMA/Grappler
Cenk Kocak - Powerlifter

This is just a few. The list is so big

Last edited:
Thats true. Russia/Caucasus/Eastern europe / Western Asia are probably the most underrated regions. Most people from this region respond really good in any kind of explosive,strength/power training. Most guys writing here probably have no clue. They dominate in many classes - weightlifting, wrestling, Judo and fighting in general aswell.

Beslan Mudranov (Judoka)
Cenk Kocak - Powerlifter

If you look at the medals in the last wrestling world championship and in judo, Caucasians account for like one third of all medals above like 70Kg. Mostly Dagestanis, Ossetians, Chechens, Georgians and Azerbaidjanis. It's pretty insane.

Guys use your brains. Food and hard living makes hard people. Fast food and soft American living makes soft people.

All I can say is...

If it ain’t Dutch it ain’t much

Beslan Mudranov (Judoka)
Cenk Kocak - Powerlifter

Actually anybody who has been paying attention does not underrate these regions...Caucasus comes first but everybody knows that Iran, for example and countries like Kazakhstan are powerhouses, too.

BTW this doesn't take away the achievements of the USA which rankes # 2 in wrestling after Russia, or Japan + Korea, which dominate the smaller weight classes in judo.

Candid Camera used to set up a hidden camera prank where a pretty young woman would stand in the middle of the street with two identical looking suitcases. One was empty. The other was specially reinforced and filled with weights. It weighed about 200lbs. The girl would ask a passing guy to help her with the suitcases. She'd pick up the empty one, and the Candid Camera crew would film the guy struggling to even lift the weighted suitcase.

Candid filmed a show in Russia, and used the same set up. The Russian man the girl asked to helped picked up the 200lbs suitcase effortlessly and followed her:)

Iceland for raw strength. Eastern European’s and former USSR states for that grappling strength.

I see a lot of people say Pacific Islanders and west Africans, but very little evidence to support either argument.

Actually anybody who has been paying attention does not underrate these regions...Caucasus comes first but everybody knows that Iran, for example and countries like Kazakhstan are powerhouses, too.

BTW this doesn't take away the achievements of the USA which rankes # 2 in wrestling after Russia, or Japan + Korea, which dominate the smaller weight classes in judo.

Totally Agreed:)

Caucasus first for the strength/Versatility, the rest follows closely.... And btw. I would put Iceland in the raw strength category too, probably a few countries more, but the fact is I really dont see that same versatility and p4p strength in many of those regions, ofc. there might be exceptions.

Japan has been dominant at judo heavyweight most years until Teddy Riner came along. And it was a Japanese judoka who finally dethroned him.

As of late, it's been Russian Dagestanis who are dominating the lighter weight classes of judo.

Honestly blacks of west African descent seem to have the most genetic potential for power but in terms of strength sports they have historically not done much. But I think that's mostly because they live in third world conditions or the ones who do live in developed countries are usually not interested in powerlifting and get into sports like football, basketball etc. If you compare the physiques of third world villagers in west Africa and compare them to poor indigenous villagers in other parts of the world, the black west Africans typically are bigger with a lot more muscle mass somehow. And In the us you are starting to see more black athletes break records in powerlifting and in combat sports the biggest punchers have historically been black fighters.

Honestly blacks of west African descent seem to have the most genetic potential for power but in terms of strength sports they have historically not done much. But I think that's mostly because they live in third world conditions or the ones who do live in developed countries are usually not interested in powerlifting and get into sports like football, basketball etc. If you compare the physiques of third world villagers in west Africa and compare them to poor indigenous villagers in other parts of the world, the black west Africans typically are bigger with a lot more muscle mass somehow. And In the us you are starting to see more black athletes break records in powerlifting and in combat sports the biggest punchers have historically been black fighters.

Agree. If you go to any island in the Caribbean where most people are West African descent you see random guys walking around the street that look crazy jacked. The same genetic pool in the U.S. has produced the fastest sprinters and top players in sports that require explosive power.

For sports like Strongman I think it's more about absolute size, and Nordic peoples are the world's tallest. If you're a 6' 9" basketball player, you can take enough steroids to fill out your frame, but you need the big frame to start with. If you're 5' 9" even with massively explosive genetics and chemically enhanced, you can't pack enough muscle onto your frame to compete with the guy who's 1 foot taller. And to produce a large population of maximally tall people, you need first world nutrition and healthcare.

But it's always been curious to me that black athletes don't dominate Olympic weightlifting. If you have a genetic advantage in relative strength and explosion, that's literally what Oly lifting is. Obviously it also takes years of training to perfect your technique and I suppose there's not really a large population of black athletes that pursue it.

Re. combat sports, IMO that's too much of a mixed bag to be any real indicator of genetic strength. We've seen many examples of top fighters and grapplers who compensated for poor explosiveness or relative strength. There's just too much skill, strategy and game planning involved.

Agree. If you go to any island in the Caribbean where most people are West African descent you see random guys walking around the street that look crazy jacked. The same genetic pool in the U.S. has produced the fastest sprinters and top players in sports that require explosive power.

For sports like Strongman I think it's more about absolute size, and Nordic peoples are the world's tallest. If you're a 6' 9" basketball player, you can take enough steroids to fill out your frame, but you need the big frame to start with. If you're 5' 9" even with massively explosive genetics and chemically enhanced, you can't pack enough muscle onto your frame to compete with the guy who's 1 foot taller. And to produce a large population of maximally tall people, you need first world nutrition and healthcare.

But it's always been curious to me that black athletes don't dominate Olympic weightlifting. If you have a genetic advantage in relative strength and explosion, that's literally what Oly lifting is. Obviously it also takes years of training to perfect your technique and I suppose there's not really a large population of black athletes that pursue it.

Re. combat sports, IMO that's too much of a mixed bag to be any real indicator of genetic strength. We've seen many examples of top fighters and grapplers who compensated for poor explosiveness or relative strength. There's just too much skill, strategy and game planning involved.
Weightlifting just isnt really that popular, most schools dont even have an oly weightlifting program, though I agree they probably would do well at it. Strongman is kind of a thing that only white people seem interested in participating in, same with powerlifting but too a lesser extent. A lot of athletic programs in high school will make football players do powerlifting and track in the off season so I think that's how how you see more black people in those sports

Weightlifting just isnt really that popular, most schools dont even have an oly weightlifting program, though I agree they probably would do well at it. Strongman is kind of a thing that only white people seem interested in participating in, same with powerlifting but too a lesser extent. A lot of athletic programs in high school will make football players do powerlifting and track in the off season so I think that's how how you see more black people in those sports

Yeah makes sense. Back in the 80's and 90's my high school won the CA state track title many times with black kids from the inner city. Most of them played football but were also crazy fast over the 100M and 200M. My HS was racially mixed but seeing how the track teams shook out really made me think about impact of genetics. The distance runners were all hispanic, white and some asian, but the track sprinters were all black guys. And my HS was lower middle class so it's not like any of these kids had money or connections for steroids.

My main sport was wrestling and that's skill dependent - some genetic freak football kids tried it out but their egos couldn't handle being worked over by the slightly pudgy kid that knew how to wrestle.

But regardless of race, I suppose if you're a tall athletic kid you're playing basketball not training for something like strongman lol.

Last edited:

Disagree with some of it. This is not only about how you look to begin with, its at least as much if not more, about how good you respond to Strength training. Africans are good ye, but overrated in terms of pure strength in my honest opinion. Eastern Europeans, Russian, Caucasian guys would beat them in total body strength/explosivity. Yes i have seen some african guys do good, but its nothing compared to what i just stated. I dont buy that the sports aint popular etc. Then i would say the regions im mentioning do not have many possibilites either.

There has been many good Georgian weightlifters, ye the worlds best actually.

Lasha Talakhadze , Asanidze, Davitadze etc etc. Also to mention good Russian/caucasian Vlad Alhazov.

Be real. Caucasus guys also dominates in wrestling, at least its proven, unless your semi pseudo statements.

All I can say is...

If it ain’t Dutch it ain’t much

You have to back up the claim though. The dutch are a virtual non-entity in strength sports.

Back