Which Gloves Should I get Next? (Large Hands)

I found this seller on ebay which seems to have pakistan-made leather gloves: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/purexpk?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Pictures look fine to me. Let me know what you guys think or if anyone has ever tried buying from him.

Thanks

A lot of those pictures are just images of Winning (and other brands like Haymaker, Fairtex) equipment but with the branding photoshopped out. And others where I can't immediately tell what the original brand was are still obviously photoshopped with the branding removed.

Those pictures that remain look like fairly cheap shit that might be alright at that price, if that's in fact what you get from them. I'd guess that even those images are not all from the same manufacturer given the large number of backgrounds used. So, what are you going to get from them when you buy? Just seems silly to me.

Forget training, if you have large hands, get a traditional Beretta model 92. People complain the grip is too large, I find it perfect, right up there with the H&K 45 USP.

Whether you’re a 9 or 45 guy, you got options..

I have the same question but I am based in the UK so R2C C17 not an option.
I have an order for a custom pair of Topboxer in process but would need another good pair in the meantime mostly for bag work. So something quite cheap but still of reasonable quality.

I found this seller on ebay which seems to have pakistan-made leather gloves: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/purexpk?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Pictures look fine to me. Let me know what you guys think or if anyone has ever tried buying from him.

Thanks
What budget

Ideally around the £50 mark.

I was thinking with that budget for leather, unbranded pakistan gloves would be best (eg the ebay guy). I have reached out to one of the manufacturers that expertboxing listed in his big 2020 boxing gloves guide (http://www.3bofslk.com/) but it's proving tough to get them to take an order for a single pair or even for 2.

Ideally around the £50 mark.

I was thinking with that budget for leather, unbranded pakistan gloves would be best (eg the ebay guy). I have reached out to one of the manufacturers that expertboxing listed in his big 2020 boxing gloves guide (http://www.3bofslk.com/) but it's proving tough to get them to take an order for a single pair or even for 2.

get some of those GK/GrappleKing gloves, decent at that budget

Gloves are in transit from Pakistan now
I'm pumped
Even though I don't have anything to punch anymore

Gloves arrived. Not impressed. I'll write more of a review shortly, want to discuss with Top Boxer first.

edit: maybe I was a little harsh

Last edited:
I have not contacted TopBoxer yet so I don’t know their opinion on any of the issues I’m brining forward. I didn’t want to post a negative review without speaking to them first (they don’t deserve that) but this review will be honest and balanced enough.

The main problem is my boxing gym is closed so I cannot test these gloves. Everything I write below is based on looks and feel alone, zero actual use of the gloves.

Pros first:

These things look crisp. The exterior is flawless. Nice tight leather, nice stitching, perfectly symmetrical left glove to right. I’m happy I spent the extra few bucks to get all black versus the typical alien black/green.

The weights are 15.9 oz & 16.0 oz, can’t ask for much better

The shape of the glove is great, nice tight fist.

The thumbs are very comfortable with a lot of length. This was my number one concern as every other glove I’ve ever tried on has given me thumb problems. Usually my long thumbs jam into the end of the glove and can often go numb by the end of a bag session.

Wrist support is great for a Velcro glove. Much denser padding on the wrists compared to my previous C17s.

Now the issues:

The finger compartment is so short. My fingers bottom out with my hand barely into the glove. These were supposedly custom made to my hand dimensions so I found that very surprising. Even if these were made identical to stock, TopBoxer confirmed that their stock size would fit my hand dimensions. Because my fingers hit the end so soon, my knuckles are way back on the glove and I can’t imagine the punching contact will be ideal. The short finger compartment may also be why the thumbs feel so long, because I can’t get my hand all the way into the glove. You can see the side-by-side comparison with my C17s and easily notice the difference in finger length.

I’ve stuffed one gloves with socks as per Mino’s suggestion (I’ll stuff the other one next, just wanted a reference to see how much they stretch). Hopefully this will help get my hand deeper into the glove but I’m not optimistic. Wearing hand wraps will only make the problem worse too.

The other problem is the inside liner – it’s oversized and wrinkled, see pictures. Very thick wrinkle in the middle of the backhand on both gloves … at least it’s the same on both gloves haha. I don’t think this will be a big deal but time will tell. The material feels nice and as long as nothing slides around, it should be okay. For a $120 custom glove, I can live with this flaw. I didn’t expect everything to be perfect but it needs to be pointed out either way.

Overall, they seem like very good gloves, it’s just the fit that I’m worried about. For an averaged size person these would be fantastic for the price. Once I’m back in the gym, I’ll test these out and give an update on the issues.

Side by side with my C17s
upload_2020-4-23_9-35-30.png
upload_2020-4-23_9-36-26.png
upload_2020-4-23_9-37-44.png
upload_2020-4-23_9-38-6.png

Wrinkled Liner in both gloves
upload_2020-4-23_9-38-30.png
upload_2020-4-23_9-38-56.png

One glove stuffed
upload_2020-4-23_9-37-18.png

Very compact for 16oz
upload_2020-4-23_9-39-44.png

Refreshing this thread cause I’m back on the market for larger boxing gloves.
After covid and getting a home gym setup, I’ve finally gotten some rounds in with these TB Alien gloves. They’re just way too small on me. The finger compartment is so small that I’m unable to punch with my knuckle and it’s super painful. See pics below comparing size to R2C and illustrating how my hand is positioned inside these gloves.

Anyone have suggestions? I sent my dimensions to TB for custom gloves and they told me that stocks would fit, so I’m a bit disappointed. These should be easy enough to sell anyways. Maybe I’ll just get a new pair of c17 on Black Friday but I’d prefer something larger.

DD1DA477-4BB1-4F29-B369-798F18D054F3.jpeg

A106AA32-66D7-4875-B3E0-08B66FC3E842.jpeg

After covid and getting a home gym setup, I’ve finally gotten some rounds in with these TB Alien gloves. They’re just way too small on me. The finger compartment is so small that I’m unable to punch with my knuckle and it’s super painful. See pics below comparing size to R2C and illustrating how my hand is positioned inside these gloves.

Anyone have suggestions? I sent my dimensions to TB for custom gloves and they told me that stocks would fit, so I’m a bit disappointed. These should be easy enough to sell anyways. Maybe I’ll just get a new pair of c17 on Black Friday but I’d prefer something larger.

View attachment 878073

View attachment 878074
I love New Sporting in 16oz for my hand size. I'm able to get my hands in with wraps and knuckle guards without much struggle. Great gloves if the quality control is there.

View attachment 878073

View attachment 878074

I'm sure you'd be able to sell them 100%

Mexican brands Gil, Lopez and Casanova/Necalli have bigger hand compartments. Gil and Lopez have long finger pockets.
Seconding Necalli / Casanova. Aside from being beautiful gloves, I have a pair in 14oz and the hand compartment is definitely roomy. I also have a pair of lace-up 16oz C17 2.0s and the difference is significant, where the C17s are snug even without wraps on and the Necallis wiggle around. Despite the roomy hand compartment, though, the wrist is extremely tight - I have hands on the bigger side as well and getting my wrist through the 'opening' of the hand compartment can be a downright pain - but once through, it's perfect. Just something to keep in mind.

Another pair which I've had good experiences with is Rival's RB11.

Thanks guys, let me do some research and check out pricing. Wish I could just try these all on.

Back