Which MMA fighter has the highest bench press?

Carwin.

Whoever owns that record probably sucks. You don't bench press for MMA.

Squats actually mean something. In every sport. But nobody does them like they should because they're not glamor muscles. Squats won't get you laid but will improve your strength and explosiveness better than any other form of weight-lifting. Not sure if applicable for kickers though. I'm mostly speaking for football. If you're like a fullback or lineman just do squats all day long and keep those legs trucking.

Carwin.

Squats actually mean something. In every sport. But nobody does them like they should because they're not glamor muscles. Squats won't get you laid but will improve your strength and explosiveness better than any other form of weight-lifting. Not sure if applicable for kickers though.

Kicking is technique above all.

Edson Barboza's got pretty small legs but he kicks like a damn mule.

But it's not to say pure strength/size won't help. Add that with mastered technique and you have a murderer like Cro Cop.

But it's not to say pure strength/size won't help. Add that with mastered technique and you have a murderer like Cro Cop.
Can a person be Ripped like Costa and be flexible like Eddie Bravo or BJ at the same time?

Can a person be Ripped and extremely flexible at the same time?
100%. Though I do think there's a limit, I don't think you can be some IFBB pro and have optimal flexibility.

Jon Jones can bench press HIGHER than anybody.

85 inch reach!

100%. Though I do think there's a limit, I don't think you can be some IFBB pro and have optimal flexibility.

main-qimg-71c3a00b996399ba25365e6c38845598

main-qimg-af50ad1a21059cbb44985e8096feb9ae

the only correct answer is fat drunk tank abbott

Jon Jones can bench press HIGHER than anybody.

85 inch reach!
Yeah but I assume we are talking non-egregious Tbol users. What happened after that fight? Oh yeah.. the OSP fight, the most boring fight of his career and that is saying something.

All-natty baby.
Screenshot_20190820-151931_Chrome~2.jpg

Greg Jackson said bodybuilder Jones would not be a good thing long before that fight. He was very right.

Yeah but I assume we are talking non-egregious Tbol users. What happened after that fight? Oh yeah.. the OSP, most boring fight of his career and that is saying something.

All-natty baby.
View attachment 633265
He meant higher in the context of moving the weight further way from his chest, since his arms are so freaking long. I do however agree with you that Jon Jones most likely wouldn't be as strong as he is/was..

He meant higher in the context of moving the weight further way from his chest, since his arms are so freaking long. I do however agree with you that Jon Jones most likely wouldn't be as strong as he is/was..
I know.. but he didn't seem aware Jon spent over a year body-building and getting absolutely massive. So the humor was lacking, because Jon probably could of out-benched the LHW division looking like that. Tbh I'd put my money on Glover. He's been doing it his whole life but I'm guessing.

I don't know how much weight-lifting he did, but considering the fact that he is pretty short with rather short arms, but built like a tree trunk and was regularly slamming big-ass dudes like it was nothing, Daniel Cormier maybe had a pretty good bench...he definitely has the right build for it at least.

And Squat and Deadlift
Strength

I remember Frankie could bench teh 315 and he's like 155 pounds so that's pretty impressive

but which MMA fighter has the highest static strength
Id guess one of teh HWs can pull some numbers

That one diaper wearing mofo, can't remember his name. Looks like he's got a solid squat on him

I bet Greg hardy is up there

Jones has some solid squat and deadlift numbers for his size, relatively speaking

Last edited:
Carwin.

Squats actually mean something. In every sport. But nobody does them like they should because they're not glamor muscles. Squats won't get you laid but will improve your strength and explosiveness better than any other form of weight-lifting. Not sure if applicable for kickers though. I'm mostly speaking for football. If you're like a fullback or lineman just do squats all day long and keep those legs trucking.
Nonsense

Squats will absolutely get you laid

Stop spreading lies

Oh yeah, I'm on Sherdog. I'm actually 6 foot 7 315 lbs at 7 % bf and I could steamroll bums like Stipe and Yoel all day with my superior cardio just like you can...

You guys realize some people are fans of combat sports and we don't dedicate our lives to training MMA, right?

You said you compete at 130-140 or sth, if you compete I assume you're very dedicated to being the best you can be at fighting.
If you've been training and competing for years and a 115 lb female can beat the shit out of you, maybe try soccer?

Your technique will only go so far without optimal hip function, core strength, posterior chain and lower kinetic chain strength and overall muscular balance. Which can only be accomplished through training

You don't just lift to get big

Function first then appearance

Ho cares about bench?

If you pu the effort in you can bench 260 by 16

Back