Who’s the greatest LW of all time?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I realized that Lightweight has historically been a very strong division and it has some great names.

we have Khabib,Gomi,Mcgregor,Penn,Sakurai, Bendo, Ferguson and even Prime Melendez.

If someone put a gun to your head and forced you to say who you believe is the Greatest Lightweight in MMA history who would you say?

Who's the 155 GOAT?

We're gonna find out in two short months.

UFC-249-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-vs-Tony-Ferguson.jpeg

Last edited:
Side note but Gomi is really the most underrated fighter in mma history

There's only one. The man who put the lw and lower division on the fucking map. No not conor!
BJ PENN!

If you look at Penns early Career and just look at his LW fights it was pretty darn good iirc

You have to skip some of his WW,And LHW fights in that era and just look at the LW.

Now his later career skid is bad , but at one time...

At the moment Khabib, Then Tony, then Conor, then BJ.

Come at me

We'll have our answer following the upcoming Conor/Gaethje/Tony/Khabib wars. Until then, B.J. will do.

9 LW fights wins in a row, breaking the record for most LW title defenses in a row.

Some loses mixed in there at WW and other weights etc.

But we are talking about LW fighters.

Who ever you suggest is better , do they have WW, MW and Open weight (lhw vs machida) mixed in their resume??

At the moment Khabib, Then Tony, then Conor, then BJ.

Come at me
Connor beat one guy at 155, how is he third on your all time list lol. BJ Penn has beaten many great LWs and would have certainly beaten Eddie Alvarez.

Back