Who are your favorite pressure fighters?

Monte Moku

Amateur Kickboxer
@purple
Reaction score
Basically the title. I've been watching a lot of Rodtang's fights lately and I love his style. Always in your face, walking you down and ready to bang.

Here is is fight with Tenshin Nasukawa. A close and entertaining fight:

I have also been watching a lot of Nieky Holzken's fights again. Great hands, devastating low kicks and pushing guys around every chance he gets.

Here is his fight with Raymond Daniels; Nieky puts his skills in ring generalship on display in this one:

So, who are some of your favorite pressure fighters?

Satanmuanglek #1 by a looong shot. Most entertaining fighter on earth.

After that maybe Yodlekpet and Thanonchai. I don't necessarily favour their styles but they're must watch when they're on.

Stadium: Saeksan, Yothin, Petchmorakot

International: Yodwicha

Kickboxing: Marat Grigorian

Takeru, Rodtang, Marat, Buakaw

Last edited:
Currently? I’m big on Rodtang. Mike Zambidis is one of my all time favorites

Bovy, Nathan Corbett, Norasing Lukbanyai, Lakhin Wassandasit, Rambaa Somdet

Pretty much everyone from the MAX era was damn near a pressure fighter. Buakaw, Andy and Masato for me.

Satanmuanglek #1 by a looong shot. Most entertaining fighter on earth.

After that maybe Yodlekpet and Thanonchai. I don't necessarily favour their styles but they're must watch when they're on.

I haven't been able to keep up with the Thai scene that much in a good bit, thank you for the recommendation with Satanmuanglek! I just checked out a couple of his fights and really enjoyed them.

I could probably list every MAX era fighter...
Definitely !

Right now, I like watching Takeru and Kimura Minoru the most. Both sluggers with a lot of offense and maybe a little short on defense.

What do you guys mean by pressure fighter btw?

What do you guys mean by pressure fighter btw?

In my opinion, a pressure fighter is someone who is aggressive and uses ring generalship as a part of it. I guess the stereotypical idea is just someone who throws a lot of shots and comes forward -- and technically it's not wrong -- but it can also be done without using a lot of strikes. Utilizing footwork, slipping or parrying strikes, staying at a distance that makes the opponent uncomfortable, pushing them off balance, etc.

Robin van Roosmalen is the first one who comes in my mind.

Back