Who cherry picked the easiest double champ fight, GSP or izzy?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jan was a journeyman his whole career. He's almost 40...sokoudjou beat him lol

Only won the belt bc Jones moved up. At least Bisping knocked out the clear lineal champion in Rockhold....

And GSP did it coming off a 4 year lay off...

I don't understand why people discredit older fighters after they make a run just because they're better than they were before

Jan knocked Reyes out who practically beat Jones

I'm disappointed with this thread, Kvolcom.

GSP picked Bisping sure but a GOAT does what a GOAT wants

GSP
Bisping had only one eye and took a beating from Hendo right before the GSP fight.

Easily GSP. They gifted Hendo a title shot in the twilight of his career because Bisping was such a weak champion that the fight was actually winnable.

I have huge respect for Bisping, but he was over the hill, probably one of the few clean fighters in the UFC, and half blind.

It’s a testament to Bisping’s grit that he was able to get a belt, but he’s more a modern day Cinderella Man than some juggernaut.

I don't understand why people discredit older fighters after they make a run just because they're better than they were before

Jan knocked Reyes out who practically beat Jones

I'm disappointed with this thread, Kvolcom.

GSP picked Bisping sure but a GOAT does what a GOAT wants

this. i don't understand why a fighter who has toiled for a little refines then their craft and goes on a heater, is discredited because they didnt have earlier success. i find it very impressive when an old dog learns new tricks. blachowitz is 8-1 in his last 9. if he was a journeyman, he made the changes to turn himself into an elite competitor and ufc champion. how is that call for anything but praise

Conor definately belongs here, although his original opponent RDA may have been a tough match.
Eddie was an extremely easy stylistic matchup for Conor, technical chinny brawler with less reach and height against a master counter striker who had height and reach advantage. It doesn't help that he completely abandoned his gameplan in the fight.

Between Izzy and GSP, it's easily GSP. Bisping was gifted a short notice TS and capitalized on Rockhold's arrogance and beat him, and then had a tough match with Old Hendo. Meanwhile Jan was on a win streak and just manhandled Reyes, who earlier in the year gave Jones one of his toughest fights, a fight where many thought Reyes won

Jan was a journeyman his whole career. He's almost 40...sokoudjou beat him lol

Only won the belt bc Jones moved up. At least Bisping knocked out the clear lineal champion in Rockhold....

And GSP did it coming off a 4 year lay off...
If jones hadn't run because he knew Adesanya was coming, that would have been the "cherry picked easiest fight." He would have no fear of jones knocking him out, like Blachowitz can. It would have been a point fight, like all of jones' last fights and Adesanya is much quicker.

That was no "gimme fight" for GSP. If it wasn't for Bispings carelessness, he would have continued to blast GSP and would probably have KO'd him. GSP even said that Bisping didn't realize how rocked he was. Rockhold would have been an easier fight because he has always been hittable and chinny. GSP has always had a problem with scrappy fighters and Bisping is one of the scrappiest .

As was demonstrated last night by the +400 underdog, there are no easy fights in the UFC at the higher levels.

If jones hadn't run because he knew Adesanya was coming, that would have been the "cherry picked easiest fight." He would have no fear of jones knocking him out, like Blachowitz can. It would have been a point fight, like all of jones' last fights and Adesanya is much quicker.

That was no "gimme fight" for GSP. If it wasn't for Bispings carelessness, he would have continued to blast GSP and would probably have KO'd him. GSP even said that Bisping didn't realize how rocked he was. Rockhold would have been an easier fight because he has always been hittable and chinny. GSP has always had a problem with scrappy fighters and Bisping is one of the scrappiest .
d9f188564e87d9af1638eb581fa0bc0b.gif

I always thought Bisping wanted Hendo to avenge his brutal loss. Yeah, it was winnable at the time, but not really a gift to Hendo or a gimme for Bisping.
And to the OP, we'll have to wait for the fight. On the face of it, I wouldn't say Jan is going to be a walk over for Izzy. Not really a fan of either, but I'm leaning towards Jan here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back