Who do you side with in the Colt Cabana / CM Punk feud?

whitebelt4life

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I only watch wrestling off and on these days but I watched back when CM Punk hit his peak in the "Pipe Bomb" days. Colt seems like a genuinely nice guy...Punk clearly has delusions of grandeur. For example, thinking he can jump straight into the UFC with no real athletic or fighting background. He is still in the USADA testing pool! So he still doesn't realize he'll never succeed as a real fighter.

Punk went on to Colt's podcast, talked a bunch of shit and got them both sued by the WWE...racking up a ton of legal fees for both of them. Punk is a multi-millionaire and Colt is an indie wrestler who I'm sure barely makes a living. To me it seems obvious that Punk covering Colt's legal fees was the right thing to do.

I get why Punk got big in the WWE but don't get why anyone still chants his name or wants to see him wrestle again. The guy seems like a dick.

Anyway, what do you guys think about their falling out?

Edit to add: the reason I asked is because I see a lot of people shitting on Colt on youtube, but I don't see the logic.

Last edited:
They're both dickheads in this case.

Colt screwed himself as far as the legal fees. Their agreement was Colt would be taken care of if he uses Punk's lawyers. The problem was Punk's lawyers asked Colt to take the podcast down, Colt refused so Punk's lawyers dropped him. Colt had to then get his own lawyers, which cost an additional $200,000, that new $200,000 is what Colt sued Punk for. Colt also sued Punk for an additional unnecessary $1,000,000 for "punitive damages", which was a scumbag move trying to basically steal a million from Punk.

What makes Punk a dickhead is that he counter-sued Colt for $600,000, which is half of the $1,200,000 that he spent on the original legal team. Punk basically said "ok bitch, if you want to sue me, I'll make you pay half"

If Colt didn't sue Punk for money Punk didn't owe him and then on top of that add another million just to be an asshole, then Punk wouldn't have hit him with the ridiculous counter-suit. They're both idiots.

They settled out of court anyway and both had to keep quiet on the settlement. My guess is Colt got stuck with the 200k and Punk paid the original legal team. Cause Colt's case was already thrown out once and was a day away from getting thrown out again, so Colt probably agreed to pay the 200k if Punk dropped his counter-suit.

Did not follow it all that closely but as a huge fan of independent wrestling in the early 00's it is very surprising.

Cabana in a way owed a lot of his career to Punk. He got booked a lot to appear with Punk.

That being said the numbers in the lawsuit's are very high and I can see why Cabana could not take that much of a financial hit. Punk was already loaded and is still making good money. Cabana is still appearing on the indies for probably 1,000$ or so a week

They're both dickheads in this case.

Colt screwed himself as far as the legal fees. Their agreement was Colt would be taken care of if he uses Punk's lawyers. The problem was Punk's lawyers asked Colt to take the podcast down, Colt refused so Punk's lawyers dropped him. Colt had to then get his own lawyers, which cost an additional $200,000, that new $200,000 is what Colt sued Punk for. Colt also sued Punk for an additional unnecessary $1,000,000 for "punitive damages", which was a scumbag move trying to basically steal a million from Punk.

What makes Punk a dickhead is that he counter-sued Colt for $600,000, which is half of the $1,200,000 that he spent on the original legal team. Punk basically said "ok bitch, if you want to sue me, I'll make you pay half"

If Colt didn't sue Punk for money Punk didn't owe him and then on top of that add another million just to be an asshole, then Punk wouldn't have hit him with the ridiculous counter-suit. They're both idiots.

They settled out of court anyway and both had to keep quiet on the settlement. My guess is Colt got stuck with the 200k and Punk paid the original legal team. Cause Colt's case was already thrown out once and was a day away from getting thrown out again, so Colt probably agreed to pay the 200k if Punk dropped his counter-suit.

Interesting...didn't know all the details there.

Did not follow it all that closely but as a huge fan of independent wrestling in the early 00's it is very surprising.

Cabana in a way owed a lot of his career to Punk. He got booked a lot to appear with Punk.

That being said the numbers in the lawsuit's are very high and I can see why Cabana could not take that much of a financial hit. Punk was already loaded and is still making good money. Cabana is still appearing on the indies for probably 1,000$ or so a week
Colt is actually with AEW right now. Great insight from Based God, I also heard that Colt was seen backstage of a RAW as the lawsuit was going on and it pissed Punk off so he decided to not pay his legal fees. don't know how true that is

Not familiar with their issues but the old adage goes for CM Punk "if you're dealing with assholes all day long then you're probably the asshole".

They're both stupid. I feel like WWE ignoring Punk's medical issue was really egregious. Cabana and Punk were stupid to do the podcast. After reading Based God's summary, it is hard to feel bad for either one.

Colt is known to be a dick on the indies and plays a happy go lucky guy but fucks people over . I remember MSL from MLW talking about how Colt really is and if I right Colt was a guest a few times and it was kinda awkward on air between the two and it was MSL job to book him for the podcast and you could tell there was tension but still good for both sides to have him as a guest

I side with neither as both have something in common

They only care about #1, themselves and would stab anybody in the back for their own self-interest.

I don't take Punks side on anything
Knqo.gif

Interested why some of you say Cabana is a dick. He comes across okay to me. Was even pretty friendly when I met him at his merch desk once.

Interested why some of you say Cabana is a dick. He comes across okay to me. Was even pretty friendly when I met him at his merch desk once.

His documentary where he's travelling around with Daniel Bryan and another indie wrestler at the time was quite good. He comes off as a nice guy but he made the movie...

Punk always comes across like he thinks he's Cassius Clay or something.

He's a guy, who outside a 6 month purple patch, was a decent hand / (upper) mid carder in a down time in professional wrestling.

TBF, he's actually parlayed that to a lot of money for himself so fair play.

t's a question of who is less wrong, not who is more right, here.

To quote the great Sugar Shane Helms “man, fuck CM Punk”

i used to like punk a lot and even supported him when he walked out. he walked out the last time i went to a wwe event, RAW in cleveland after the royal rumble. was wondering why he wasnt apart of the show

since then tho, after seeing how he acts and some of the other shit hes said and done that i wasnt aware of before, i just dont like the guy all that much anymore.

his ufc run was downright pathetic too. i cant take him seriously at all after that. that plays a factor as well

Back