Who do you think would win Justin Gaethje vs Ben Askren?

Iron Skin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
z1PXC0Y.png
VS
z0nDSXU.png

Who do you think the masses are gonna pick, based on how JG's last fight went and how Ben Askren's UFC career went?

I assume you knew the answer before you hit Create Thread though..... haha

Stop it, Askren almost got murdered twice and got choked out once in the UFC. He looked like complete shit but tough, but was also clearly out of his prime at that point in his career, he could not even walk normally, his hip was all fucked up.

Askren looks like he got away with out doing strength and conditioning when he was young because he worked hard on the mats, had his youth, and had great technique. Now he is older, probably a small fraction of the time training and just a skinny fat guy with no strength.

Who do you think the masses are gonna pick, based on how JG's last fight went and how Ben Askren's UFC career went?

I assume you knew the answer before you hit Create Thread though..... haha

I thought about this when i rewatched Ben vs Luis Sapo, which is a funny fight where Ben was getting Judo throwed a lot but kept walking forward to get a clinch. Eventually i think Sapo would get tired and Ben would take him down and controll him to win a decision.

Askren is rather under-rated. Askren got fucked over big time, but Askren prime for prime would literally beat Justin down like he owes him big money and slept with his mom and wife and his ex girlfriend and girlfriend all at the same time.

Askren helped train UFC welterweights and middleweights with their wrestling. He would absolutely ragdoll Gaethje.

I thought about this when i rewatched Ben vs Luis Sapo, which is a funny fight where Ben was getting Judo throwed a lot but kept walking forward to get a clinch. Eventually i think Sapo would get tired and Ben would take him down and controll him to win a decision.

I watched that a while ago and thought Sapo was winning until there was an eye poke or something. Gaethje via murder, of course.

At this point, Askren is not favored against anyone. Maybe a toss up between him and CM Punk.

I watched that a while ago and thought Sapo was winning until there was an eye poke or something. Gaethje via murder, of course.
The fight was what 2 minutes long? Askren was going to keep trying takedowns the whole 25 minutes. Sapo refused the rematch.

Ben lost to Masvidal which he basically only loses by that move that he lost to. Had that not landed, Ben would have mauled him. Masvidal is more overrated than most of you consider Ben. Then Maia beats him which has zero relevance to this fight. That matchup is literally the worst for Ben the UFC could give him. Ben could most definitely win against Justin. To say Gaethje, no problem, is ridiculous.

after seeing how askren struggled to take maia down ( who wasn't even against grappling ), I am pretty sure gaethje KOs askren inside 2 rounds.

When? Right now with fucked-up-hip Funky, or in his prime? And what weight class?

I love Gaethje and on paper he has the credentials to neutralize Ben's wrestling, but the issue is that he hasn't shown it during his recent tenure so that whole aspect of his game in high-level competition is a big question mark. My gut says he (T)KOs Askren relatively early on, but again it's hard to say.

Back