Who from the upcoming generation is most likely to become a superstar?

To me it seems like Loma has the best shot. He’s fighting at a really high level and could continue to keep winning for a pretty long time, he’s got the kind of style that casuals can enjoy, and not I think when a white or Asian boxer is legit world class they tend to stand out more than a black or Latin if for no other reason than he’s that race’s one guy.

To me it seems like Loma has the best shot. He’s fighting at a really high level and could continue to keep winning for a pretty long time, he’s got the kind of style that casuals can enjoy, and not I think when a white or Asian boxer is legit world class they tend to stand out more than a black or Latin if for no other reason than he’s that race’s one guy.

In the last 10 years, the only US PPV headlined by guys below welterweight was Crawford vs Postol.
Nowadays, I don't know if it's possible to become a boxing megastar in the US if you fight below welterweight.

He's legitimately famous in the UK. He has 2.7m followers on instagram, that's more than his brother, Wilder, Lomachenko, Khan, Broner, Andy Ruiz etc
Ed Sheeran has nearly 19 million twitter followers, doesn't mean he'll be anything other than complete shit at boxing. Tommy Fury is shit at boxing so it won't matter how many insta followers he has.

The problem is, guys need to fight other name fighters to get strength off their name. Crawford is Nebraska famous, but he needs to fight someone like Pac, and win spectacularly to transcend. Passing of the torch is a real thing in boxing, when it comes to being a household name. Shieeet, our Crawford stopped Manny in the near future, it's almost a given that Mayweather will be targeted, retirement be damned. It's the name recognition that's needed most.

Not that I see Floyd ever coming out of retirement, but things like that are what it takes in boxing sometimes to reach mega star status.

Cotto was on the verge, but lost to Margarito. Had Cotto won that fight, Oscar was next waiting up pass the torch.

Probably Ryan Garcia if golden boy navigates him in the right path and can keep him happy. Oscar said he could be the first boxer to sign a 700 million contract.

Loma if he could get some big fights, anecdotal but he’s relatively popular among my friends that are sports fans. He gets posted a lot on the internet because of how flashy he is and how he makes people quit.

although I wonder how much longer he can last being a smaller dude with such an extensive amateur career. He’s 31 with no big fights lined up. I’d hate to see him be another Rigo, a guy who hardly got any big fights and then loses badly in his late 30s.

Too many ultra talented fighters never have their career pan out the way it should.

Back