Who is the greatest soccer coach of all time?

The goat

• Total voters
What do you mean by this?? Liverpool literally had to play a full season without their 2 starting central defenders, they had a ton of injuries. The Premier League is a shark tank and it's normal that they had the season they had given context. Also Klopp's work at Liverpool trumps Pep's work at City by a mile, even with a UCL win for Pep in case they beat Chelsea.
Players seemingly not up to the mentality needed to continue the grind that Klopp demands day in day out, seemingly quite similar to what happened with Klopp at Dortmund... Injuries played a factor, but not alone, they had a good budget to find cover with and did so, both injuries and not having good enough cover for your first team are not completely random occurrences.
.. the unbeatable feel they had has now gone and looks pretty far away from returning.... Still too soon to say who has been better imo, if they both left now it'd be neck and neck I think, but I see Pep having the greater future my quite a distance. If you think Klopp has been greater at Liverpool even if Man City win the CL this season then i'm afraid we have nothing further to discuss lol.

Essentially I was just saying that the style like every other style, get's found out eventually and needs adapting. I feel Pep does this better than Klopp, but I guess we'll see :)

Last edited:
Man .... I used to shit all over Pep but I’ll admit that if he wins the CL he might be one of the goats.

guys football did not start in 90s. if anything before 90s sport has so much competition and parity. it is hard to say new coaches who get all the players and money are better then old style coaches. i mean has too be coach from60s to 90s it is easy what ferguson did should have lost against bayer, guardiola i mean messi all the money, de bruine all the money i mean modern coches not that special mqybe gasperini ranieri

What mediocre players did he turn into superstars?

Because it could be argued that Pep did the same with Pique (Man U reject)...
Pique wasn’t a reject in the sense that he wasn’t any good—he just wasn’t ready to force Rio or Vidic to the bench. Both were elite and coming off one of the best seasons ever for a center back duo, and Pique wanted to leave so he could start playing.

Does go to show you how awful United are when it comes to selling their talent, though.

Only one real answer

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Players seemingly not up to the mentality needed to continue the grind that Klopp demands day in day out, seemingly quite similar to what happened with Klopp at Dortmund... Injuries played a factor, but not alone, they had a good budget to find cover with and did so, both injuries and not having good enough cover for your first team are not completely random occurrences.
.. the unbeatable feel they had has now gone and looks pretty far away from returning.... Still too soon to say who has been better imo, if they both left now it'd be neck and neck I think, but I see Pep having the greater future my quite a distance. If you think Klopp has been greater at Liverpool even if Man City win the CL this season then i'm afraid we have nothing further to discuss lol.

Essentially I was just saying that the style like every other style, get's found out eventually and needs adapting. I feel Pep does this better than Klopp, but I guess we'll see :)
Injuries played a MASSIVE factor this year, not only it was a covid year but any team will go to shit if both their starting CD get injured, especially Van Dijk who is imo top 3, plus 3 or 4 more injuries in key players...

Also regardless of the discussion above, even if Pep wins the UCL with City Klopp did a way better job at Liverpool than him at City given the context. Do people already forgot how the fuck Liverpool was before Klopp arrived? lmao, Pep is a genius, but it's certainly easier to be a genius with 200 M to spend every year.

Injuries played a MASSIVE factor this year, not only it was a covid year but any team will go to shit if both their starting CD get injured, especially Van Dijk who is imo top 3, plus 3 or 4 more injuries in key players...

Also regardless of the discussion above, even if Pep wins the UCL with City Klopp did a way better job at Liverpool than him at City given the context. Do people already forgot how the fuck Liverpool was before Klopp arrived? lmao, Pep is a genius, but it's certainly easier to be a genius with 200 M to spend every year.
They played a part, Injuries are not always just random occurrences is what I am saying, perhaps Klopp is to blame for some of the training methods, for how intense his asks are, not using his squad as well as he could have inducing fatigue, and also not signing the cover needed in case of the crisis they found themselves in... Of course an injury can be completely unfortunate and luck based, but it should be looked at on a case by case, something I am not interested in researching with regards to Liverpool..

Klopp has spent a ridiculous amount too though, in fact he pretty much literally spent on an entirely new team just like Pep, both have been gifted with wealth, I don't think there's enough in it to really give Klopp a shit load more praise in some rags to riches bull shittery, most of the Liverpool first 11 cost City prices.(Fabinho- 45 mil, Salah- 45 mil, Allison- 65 mil, Jota- 45 mil, VVD - 75 mil, Mane- 30 mill, now i'm not mathematician, but these 6 players alone are upwards of £300 Million.

pep , klop lol. more like gasparini ranieri. maybe even mourinho i mean what did these two do nothing really. epl is always 2 team race so is la liga so i do not know what is to tought to get two clubs to get

He's not proven a great yet but still young only 43 what he did for Bournemouth taking them from near bottom of league 1 to the Prem .EPL manager of the decade hopefully Celtic announce him soon .

He's not proven a great yet but still young only 43 what he did for Bournemouth taking them from near bottom of league 1 to the Prem .EPL manager of the decade hopefully Celtic announce him soon .

Well we can forget that, total fucking mess, not sure who is to blame, probably both Howe and Celtic board

Guy Roux, 40 years in Auxerre, begin as a player-manager in the lowest division and brought his team to national titles and an uefa cup semi-final. He created Cantona, Cisse, Mexes,... Auxerre's stadium has more seats than there are inhabitants in that shithole.

Ange Postecoglu to Celtic Australias greatest ever manager

Back