Who is the hardest hitter in combat sports at this moment?

Who is the hardest hitter?

• Total voters
So then why was Foreman actually able to do a better job of knocking out people despite the fact Shavers was suppose to hit harder? It sure as hell wasn't because Foreman was more skilled.
Way to show your complete and utter ignorance for boxing in one post. Foreman won the olympic games as an amateur and had exceptional technical skills. His style was formed in parts after Archie Moore. Someone with just punch was eaten for breakfast by someone like Frazier. If I really need to explain that you have no clue at all about boxing and its lost time anyway. The ignorance on sherdog sometimes. <Lmaoo>

Way to show your complete and utter ignorance for boxing in one post. Foreman won the olympic games as an amateur and had exceptional technical skills. His style was formed in parts after Archie Moore. Someone with just punch was eaten for breakfast by someone like Frazier. If I really need to explain that you have no clue at all about boxing and its lost time anyway. The ignorance on sherdog sometimes. <Lmaoo>
He won by overpowering his opponents. By his own admission he never learned to box.

So then why was Foreman actually able to do a better job of knocking out people despite the fact Shavers was suppose to hit harder? It sure as hell wasn't because Foreman was more skilled.

I'll take two legends word for it sir...no?

I'll take two legends word for it sir...no?
It's really only one, Foreman never fought Shavers. But if Shavers actually hit harder than Foreman it is really weird he didn't win win the title.

It's really only one, Foreman never fought Shavers. But if Shavers actually hit harder than Foreman it is really weird he didn't win win the title.

I think you think I'm arguing with you sir...im not.
Im merely saying what two legends said, and saying they'd know better than us.

Unless of course you think you know more about the subject than they do, and if that's the case I'll apologize.
Also, Foreman did in fact say Shavers was the hardest puncher.

I don't recall saying they fought, if I did I was obviously wrong...but Im not 100% on saying or not saying it.

He won by overpowering his opponents. By his own admission he never learned to box.
That may be the dumbest thing I ever read about boxing on sherdog and that is saying something. Lets leave it at that this is retarded level and makes no sense to even answer.

That may be the dumbest thing I ever read about boxing on sherdog and that is saying something. Lets leave it at that this is retarded level and makes no sense to even answer.
Foreman said it, he said that boxing was for the smaller man. Thinking Foreman was a technically good boxer might be the dumbest thing anyone ever said about boxing period.

think people tend to forget about Semmy Schilt
Guilty. When you mentioned him I immediately remembered his him absolutely wrecking guys. Funny how that works sometimes.
No it was straight right followed by a left hook. Fury was already going down from the straight right
Wilders never thrown a straight right in his life. I’m guessing he put a little loop or hook on it.
Foreman said it, he said that boxing was for the smaller man. Thinking Foreman was a technically good boxer might be the dumbest thing anyone ever said about boxing period.
there’s boxing and then there’s Boxing. Foreman was a boxer but he wasn’t a Boxer, he was a Puncher. He could box but he couldn’t Box, ya dig?

there’s boxing and then there’s Boxing. Foreman was a boxer but he wasn’t a Boxer, he was a Puncher. He could box but he couldn’t Box, ya dig?
That's basically the same thing Foreman said. He could win boxing matches by overwhelming people with power not because he was skilled.

That's basically the same thing Foreman said. He could win boxing matches by overwhelming people with power not because he was skilled.
he was incredibly skilled. One of the most skilled in the world. Boxing, Punching, and Brawling are all archetypes of fighters.

Boxers are slick and technical. They use guile, tricks, traps, and overall ring IQ to win their fights.

Punchers have great mechanics, balls of steel and god given power. They’ll stalk their opponent with good defense and some trickery to land clean to win their fights.

Brawlers will take one to give one but they are hard to hit clean. They pressure forward, trust their guard, and utilize world class cardio to wear their opponents down physically and mentally. They have a spirit that can’t be broken and will grind you down with their relentless pursuit of the fight.

You’ll see amateurs without much skill in all of these categories. You’ll see amateurs with some skill here. You’ll see pros with some but not much skill and you’ll see highly skilled pros who embody all 3 archetypes of boxing with resounding skill and a deep understanding of the sport.

George foreman was a very skilled boxer. His ring IQ, defense and set ups for his big punches showed it time after time.

he was incredibly skilled. One of the most skilled in the world. Boxing, Punching, and Brawling are all archetypes of fighters.

Boxers are slick and technical. They use guile, tricks, traps, and overall ring IQ to win their fights.

Punchers have great mechanics, balls of steel and god given power. They’ll stalk their opponent with good defense and some trickery to land clean to win their fights.

Brawlers will take one to give one but they are hard to hit clean. They pressure forward, trust their guard, and utilize world class cardio to wear their opponents down physically and mentally. They have a spirit that can’t be broken and will grind you down with their relentless pursuit of the fight.

You’ll see amateurs without much skill in all of these categories. You’ll see amateurs with some skill here. You’ll see pros with some but not much skill and you’ll see highly skilled pros who embody all 3 archetypes of boxing with resounding skill and a deep understanding of the sport.

George foreman was a very skilled boxer. His ring IQ, defense and set ups for his big punches showed it time after time.
He threw hooks with straight arms.

Back