Who is the hardest hitter in combat sports at this moment?

Who is the hardest hitter?

• Total voters
so he would of won those hundreds of bouts having never trained at all? Just cardio and lifting?
He was successful because of his punching power, that is a natural ability he probably didn't lift weights since boxers didn't at that time. He was more skilled at fighting than someone off the street with no training but not very skilled. And I'm talking about prime young Foreman. When he was older and came back he was a lot more skilled. But when he was young he was terrible as far as technical boxing, without his power he would have lost to most amateurs.

Last edited:
He was successful because of his punching power, that is a natural ability he probably didn't lift weights since boxers didn't at that time. He was more skilled at fighting than someone off the street with no training but not very skilled. And I'm talking about prime young Foreman. When he was older and came back he was a lot more skilled. But when he was young he was terrible as far as technical boxing, without his power he would have lost to most amateurs.
respectfully as someone who’s seen smaller, more skilled amateurs whip larger, heavier, and stronger but less skilled opponents in sparring- im going to disagree. Some of His punch mechanics were awkward and clubbing but he was a skilled pugilist.

respectfully as someone who’s seen smaller, more skilled amateurs whip larger, heavier, and stronger but less skilled opponents in sparring- im going to disagree. Some of His punch mechanics were awkward and clubbing but he was a skilled pugilist.
You can't compare someone like Foreman to the average person, he is a freak of nature. Do you think he could have been successful if he had average punching power? He won because he overpowered people and he admitted that.

You can't compare someone like Foreman to the average person, he is a freak of nature. Do you think he could have been successful if he had average punching power? He won because he overpowered people and he admitted that.
Sorry for interrupting the discussion sir, but ofcourse Foreman wasn’t just a strong powerpuncher with limited skills. By that logic and the knowledge of all his achievements, Butterbean should’ve been world champ and an ATG too, which he obviously isn’t.
Foreman was a very skilled fighter. His style may not look very pretty, but it’s highly effective and helped him achieve greatness

This thread is completely lacking in the unquestionable #1 hardest hitter of all times.

A man who hits so hard he knocks out athletes from different sports.

None of the people in the options have KOd A-level athletes like basketball players, multiple world champions and even Cobra Kai sensei's

Jake Paul is unanimously #1 amongst real fight fans
This solved the discussion
*close thread*

Wilder for sure. For kickboxing I think Badr probably is the most lethal puncher, or at least he was. I think JBS has more of thudding power that comes from the strength and weight he posses due to his size. Badr had a sharper and more explosive punches.

hit him like 50 times before he fell lmao,thats def not a hard puncher.
Hit him a few times on the guard, yes.
Once Jamal hit Benny on his chin he went stiff right away.
He also dropped him earlier that fight with a counter straight right.
JBS hits damn hard that’s for sure

Rogan can be a little cringey these days And I hold him personally responsible for turning Brendan Schaub loose on the world, but I do agree with his take. I’ve got Wilder as the p4p Biggest puncher in combat sports.
Agreed. It's not even close, bent arm, outweighed by 40+lbs, and moving backwards and Wilder was still able to starch Helenius with 1 punch. Helenius was doing the Usman/Overeem KO'd impression. Everyone else on the polls doesn't even come remotely close to Wilder's power.

Who is the hardest hitter in all of combat sports?

In kickboxing it’s between:

Jamal Ben Saddik

Badr Hari

In boxing, Deontay Wilder is the clear number 1 hardest hitter

In MMA it’s between:

Tai Tuivasa

Francis Ngannou

View attachment 943509

Derrick Lewis

View attachment 943510

Who is the hardest hitter?
If you have other suggestions, feel free to suggest

I know you didn t ask for PfP but if you did I would answer Beterbiev as PfP #1 on earth.

he was incredibly skilled. One of the most skilled in the world. Boxing, Punching, and Brawling are all archetypes of fighters.

Boxers are slick and technical. They use guile, tricks, traps, and overall ring IQ to win their fights.

Punchers have great mechanics, balls of steel and god given power. They’ll stalk their opponent with good defense and some trickery to land clean to win their fights.

Brawlers will take one to give one but they are hard to hit clean. They pressure forward, trust their guard, and utilize world class cardio to wear their opponents down physically and mentally. They have a spirit that can’t be broken and will grind you down with their relentless pursuit of the fight.

You’ll see amateurs without much skill in all of these categories. You’ll see amateurs with some skill here. You’ll see pros with some but not much skill and you’ll see highly skilled pros who embody all 3 archetypes of boxing with resounding skill and a deep understanding of the sport.

George foreman was a very skilled boxer. His ring IQ, defense and set ups for his big punches showed it time after time.

Good description.

While some of boxers does have mixed sub types of styles and even might play different styles to some extent.

Like pressure fighters.
They are something like mix with brawler and puncher + boxer.

Such kind of boxers prefer to gradually exaust opponents, push them, pressure and ofc if possible to counter an opponent.
Aren't willing to take 1 to land 1, more close to take 1 to land 3 approach.

Then there is spoiling and outwrestlefuck stuff....

Also worth to mention are talented counter punchers.
These loves to lull an opponent in trap : to make him to do a power punch to certain area with intent to counter this and maybe even to counter and follow counterpunch with combos...

Also ( but this here is my own opinon ) some boxers are " snakes ".
They are working to create certain situation and opponent's action in order to get good position to do certain action.
" snakes " also use pretending tactique.
Like if fhet can't outbox oppinent and might think that he will be better if will clinch guy, " snake " pretends to be more tired and weaker than " snake " actually is.
Then opponent is going to power game, clinch them and " snake " appears that is in better shape and have more power than had been supposed....
" snakes " also use some supposed " mistakes " to get opponent to think in way " snake " want...
etc nuances.

Foreman was skilled, you are correct.

Last edited:
Gradual damage accumulated style boxers....
IMHO were GGG and Beterbiev....
Vergil Ortiz Jr too looks most likely might prefer such style...
Not to lurk for certain 1 punch KO but exaust and gradually damage opponents until finish.

Not true, but he is the hardest puncher in combat sports today.

If you think Wilder is a better pure puncher than Foreman or Shavers you obviously haven’t done your research. Wilder has tremendous punching power, but he doesn’t compare to the likes of Rocky Marciano, who left opponents hospitalized, brain damaged, or beaten into early retirement.

The U.S. Testing Co. tested Marciano’s punching power and reported that his punches contained more explosive energy than an armour-piercing bullet.

These fucking amateurs today bumbling and stumbling all over the ring with their sloppy haymakers can’t compare with the absolute assassins like Marciano or Foreman, with the cataclysmic power to absolutely melt opponents like a nuclear missile strike.
How did Marciano hit that hard bro, I can't understand how he can be that much of a monster, he only weighs 190s if I remember correctly.

Prime young Foreman was trained by Dick and Sandy Sadler, as well as Archie Moore. I'm gonna wager a guess that you havent seen the former 2 HOF'ers fight. His style when he was young was very very similar to Sandys, and when he got older he used Archie's style. Suggesting Foreman wasnt educated and skilled is just absurd and wrong.

Back