Who tracks calories here ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

I want to start tracking calories to be able to cut and bulk effectively when I want to. I never did it and it seems like a total chore to me. Do you guys have practical advices on how to stay consistent with it ?

It's easy. I use Cronometer to input my food. Takes less than 15mins a day to actually log. Get a food scale and some measuring cups for accuracy. It's worth it if you want results. There's no real secret to sticking to it. You need discipline and nothing else.....eventually it becomes routine.

It's easy. I use Cronometer to input my food. Takes less than 15mins a day to actually log. Get a food scale and some measuring cups for accuracy. It's worth it if you want results. There's no real secret to sticking to it. You need discipline and nothing else.....eventually it becomes routine.

Thanks. I was using Cronometer too in 2019 but I got lazy and ditched it. I have the food scale an everything.

I guess discipline is everything. I am that close to hiring a coach only for accountability in my diet but I guess I'll man up and start measuring my food again.

It gets kinda messy when you eat at your parents house or some friend. Hard to estimate on cronometer. But I guess you need to have some flexibility if you want it to stick long term.

It gets kinda messy when you eat at your parents house or some friend. Hard to estimate on cronometer. But I guess you need to have some flexibility if you want it to stick long term.

Yeah holidays are tough. A day or two of eating as you please isn't going to throw you off track too much in the grand scheme of things. You've got the rest of the year to stay the course. Moderation in all things.....including moderation.

I've tried a number of times but my OCD gets the better of me. I found it fun at first, but when I found myself eating 1 almond to hit my fat macros and spending 30 minutes studying the nutritional information of a menu at a restaurant to find something with the exact proportions of protein, carbs and fats to not exceed my goals, I decided to give it up and go back to eye-balling portions and using my own judgement.

I personally think if you can track calories, do. But it's not for everyone.

Like William said MyFitnessPal been using it for 12 tyears. It’s free, just type in your weight goals and log what you eat. It does the searching for you, simple really,

My Fitness Pal is pretty good. Nothing is perfect imo it's not worth getting super strict about it. As long as you are roughly right should be fine.

I track calories but don't bother with macros tho - just make sure I hit 200g+ protein and let the rest fall as is (mostly low carb).

Set your macro and calories required.

Track what you eat for the day and try to make sure you make your last meal for the day yourself, that way you can adjust it accordingly.

I used to count calories but it took up a lot of my time. I did much better eating clean and portioning. When I needed to bulk I'd up the calories strategically (i.e., post-workout or before bed)

I do to an extent and use MFP, but I'm not super strict. I generally stick eating the same foods so I have a good idea of my calorie and protein intake daily. It's just in the event I go out to eat.. which I usually only do once a week that throws me off.

I track them by eating pretty much the same thing every day with a different dinner to switch up the micronutrients.

O use different calories tracking apps to calculate how much I ate. Besides, some of them are fun to use

Back