Who was a better kickboxing prospect, Rozenstruik or Gane?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Anyone knew about this two before they transitioned into MMA? Rozenstruik is fighting Gane and lots of people seem to be counting out Rozenstruik when it looks like Rozenstruik has much better kickboxing career?

Gane was a French muay thai guy. Rozenstruick has like 100 kickboxing fights. Do the math

Gane was a French muay thai guy. Rozenstruick has like 100 kickboxing fights. Do the math

Bus_Middle_Finger.0.gif

Cyril Gane was not a proved Muay Thai fighter, this sport lacks the heavyweight division now compared to the past maybe when Ignashov, Ghiță and others were fighting in Bangkok. Gane defeated Guidon and Lentie on Muay Thai rules, who were only kickboxers close to retirement. Now Muay Thai belongs to the midgets and I feel there are even less "farangs" (foreigners, who now would prefer kickboxing instead of Thailand).

He has a notable win in Muay Thai, over the only decent heavyweight I know who is Yassine Boughanem. Basically a hamburger with no future in kickboxing.

Rozenstruik on the other hand, failed in the SUPERKOMBAT. At that time the Romania-based promotion was A, feeding K-1. And It"s Showtime disappeared, eventually Ultimate Glory/Glory appeared.

So Rozenstruik failed on the big scene. Ultimately, he did better but in China where the heavyweight divisions are below average. Did he also improve? Maybe.

Who would have won between these two? It depends also on the individual level. Rozenstruik in kickboxing was a slow heavyweight. In 2011, he KOed Adegbuyi in his first year of sport after all (without any amateur background, experience), the Romanian winning the rematch after. That win gave Rozenstruik absolutely no edge, because he was KOed by Cătinaș in 2012 and in 2013 lost to a pretty talented Bosnian Tufekčić who was training outside. But Tufekčić did not represent anything than a qualifer with some talent. Eventually SUPERKOMBAT released him and went to fight in regional leagues. WLF of China in terms of heavyweights, was also regional.

Rozenstruik holds 0 notable wins in kickboxing, he beat Abena and Adegbuyi in their first years of sport. Adegbuyi in the year of debut, and Abena at that time was 18 years old. And Adegbuyi won easily the rematch.

But compared to Cyril Gane, he faced kickboxers with name. Lower tier levels but known.

Gane met anonymous Frenchies, Guidon and Lentie on Muay Thai rules (only kickboxers, and they were close to retirement), plus the hamburger Yassine Boughanem.

Rozenstruik probably a C. Gane with no time to prove himself since he switched to MMA.

Gane was probably a star in France, a country with only regional promotions, Rozenstruik was not a star in the Netherlands and Romania - countries with top kickboxing and real circuits.

The individual level counts here, because Gane was not proven at all to tell us where he stands. When I watched some of his kickboxing fights, I thought he was promising enough.

Additionally, not holding speed like Rozenstruik and toughness (like others, in the case of my country Ristea for example) will probably not bring you to the top.

Last edited:
Volkan Oezdemir also had a career "a la Gane", being also highly protected by Swiss promoters, but as a fighter in my opinion he was poorer than Rozenstruik. If Rozenstruik was a slower heavyweight, Oezdemir was fucking slow. Plus Rozenzstruik belonged to the Dutch school and circuit before SUPERKOMBAT.

Maybe Schmid was untrained or drunk when he lost to Oezdemir by KO. Schmid who is closer to a C level, but a decent heavyweight. Oezdemir has a good win on his resume, and that"s Mahieddine who now is in Glory. But since then, Mahieddine has developed a lot.

Oezdemir vs. Mahieddine in Superkombat, at their debut, was one of the worst fight I have ever seen. And hardly in Superkombat so slow heavyweights and looking like jobbers had participated. Though I think Oezdemir was 110 kg.

Clearly, Oezdemir and Rozenstruik had improved. But I do not feel Rozenstruik became at the end a notable kickboxer. No idea, without gloves maybe Rozenstruik is tough. But I do not think he has speed in the UFC as well.

Rozenstruick has like 100 kickboxing fights.

HIS RECORD IS TOTALLY FAKE. Even the record of Badr Hari is fake. Rozenstruik started his career in late years, we would have known if he had fought so much. Basically in Suriname (also a small country, like a town) there are no kickboxers, hardly you can achieve more than 8 wins. And in the Netherlands trust me he did not fight so much.

Last edited:
Now Muay Thai belongs to the midgets and I feel there are even less "farangs" (foreigners, who now would prefer kickboxing instead of Thailand).
Yodwicha and Thanancai are same height as Morosanu and Catinas. I guess they're midgets.

You don't have to be disrespectful to Thai fighters just because their skill level is miles ahead of any hw/european/kickboxer

Gane had an extremely brief MT/KB career, but he was offered a Glory contract before changing his mind for MMA. Everything we have seen points to him having great potential, we'll never know.

Gane looks like a big athletic guy with mid tier skill. I didnt watch the fight but wouldnt be surprised if he outclassed Rozenstruik, the clinch experience helps a lot in MMA.

Gane looks like a big athletic guy with mid tier skill. I didnt watch the fight but wouldnt be surprised if he outclassed Rozenstruik, the clinch experience helps a lot in MMA.
Rozenstruik was flat footed occasionally throwing a missed overhand and that was about it. It was just like the Overeem fight except he didn't land a big shot in the last 5 seconds. Extremely boring fight. Rozenstruik doesn't really fight like a Kickboxer at all. Gane did just enough to win, was more busier but you can tell he was making sure not to get caught. He used the clinch periodically.

He jabbed his faced for 5 rounds, controlling his lead hand in opposite stance, and landed 2 TD with no ground countrol.
Otherwise, 1 nice head kick, a few body and leg kicks, 1 lovely switch stance right hand, and a big knee to the body that was wrongly counted as low blow.
Rozenstruik just waited.

Back