Who were the “unfavorable” matches for Alex?

Khamzat: "I kill everybody! I become two division champ!"

Alex: kills everybody, actually becomes two division champ

It’s unfortunate. He had a 17 second ko and did fight for a year. At least he’s only 29 and I hope he can be more active.
He’s in a division where fight fans think Marvin vettori is an elite fighter.

Strickland has endless cardio, too. I don’t think that’s something that can be leveraged against AP at MW unless you have the straight up wrestling chops to relentlessly land takedowns, which Vettori ain’t got. Vettori’s fights against Adesanya and Bobby showed us that he falters against the more polished strikers at MW who are competent enough to keep it standing. Alex has a comparable tool kit to Izzy with better power and leg kicks, plus he can match Marvin’s physicality.
Strickland isn't a grappler. You can't pick and choose which parts of my argument you want to acknowledge and which you want to ignore. Bobby and Izzy have much better defensive grappling than Alex had when he could have fought Vettori. It's getting tiring the way you're acting like styles don't matter and how your constantly only focusing on singular aspects of my argument and ignoring the whole picture. I'm not sure if you're doing this on purpose or not but it seems like it.

Back