Who would win in boxing w/ 8oz gloves Wilder or Ngannou?

I say Ngannou through size advantage
What I remember most of Francis is haymakers.....trained boxers can usually see a haymaker coming and avoid being hit. Not sure Francis' footwork...I dont see him as the well balanced striker that pure boxers are.

Wilder has fast hands. Which is part of the reason he consistently lands his money punch even though every opponent knows it's coming. He's certainly faster than Francis.

I think he has fantastic timing...but the way he throws his punches outside of the straight right..doesnt scream fast fighter...

Wilder is the epitome of a Sniper type fighter, one shot ..one kill...hes looking to get that one in and nothing else...he needs room to work and thats why fury was successful the second time cuz he didnt allow Wilder to have the space or time to work the right hand..speed isnt required for that style...just timing and distance management to give yourself time and space to fire your shot...like when he koed Ortiz he just need Ortiz to be still long enough for him to fire and boom it was over even tho he was losing and being outclassed for most of the fight

I say Ngannou through size advantage

Interestingly enough, the point of gloves in boxing (and MMA) is to protect the fighter's hands, not the opponent's head. Smaller gloves means more hand injuries and actually softer punches -- read up about early bare knuckle boxing (gloves were introduced because fighters were breaking their hands and the promoters got tired of their stars being out for a year with broken hand bones), or watch the first (glove-free) UFC's to get a sense of that. Gloves let boxers (and MMA fighters) punch harder.

That is debatable. Have you seen Wilder punch?

i think it's more than debatable, it's wrong. with big gloves and against professional boxers, Deontay is hitting them with 1 punch and they look like they've been shot and killed. he has that Julian Jackson type of power. Ngannou has only done that to a few people like Overeem and Stipe

Like 80/20 Wilder. Hes rangier, quicker and although they're both sloppy as shit Wilder is obviously more technically capable.

I do think Ngannou could be a decent HW boxer though. Lucas Browne who was a bum MMA fighter broke the top 10 a few years back even though he sucked really, Jarrell Miller who lost to an old Cro Cop in kickboxing did the same and was lined up for a big AJ fight until he fucked it up for himself. Bums like Charles Martin and Bermain Stiverne were in the right place at the right time to get their hands on major titles too.

Small doubt. I'd love to see Ngannou in boxing. The one guy who could knock the heads off. After MMA, or a one-off big boxing match. Because it's a shame if he, too, chases a payday, and as HW champ.

If Ngannou could beat the second best HW boxer in the world, he wouldn't be fighting in the UFC for 500k paychecks.
He has been making decent money, but only two 500k purse in his career (so far).

Small doubt. I'd love to see Ngannou in boxing. The one guy who could knock the heads off. After MMA, or a one-off big boxing match. Because it's a shame if he, too, chases a payday, and as HW champ.
He’s going to do it for sure, be prepared to see him in the ring within 3 years

He’s going to do it for sure, be prepared to see him in the ring within 3 years
Yeah, said as much. Said he wants to get paid, even if that means leaving MMA, and likes to box. For fans this is the biggest problem with low pay.

AFAIK Ngannou started in boxing and then transitioned to MMA, he has a puncher's chance but its not like Wilder hasnt faced a power puncher in boxing.

There is a reason boxers have to register their hands.
Isnt that a rumour/joke that got traction? LOL

only the simple minded answers such questions in absolutes, especially involving someone who hits as hard as Ngannou, but my money would be on Wilder all day every day.

Ban.

I guess Ngannou just skips out on millions in boxing because those extra 2 ounces of glove is just too damn much, right?

Last edited:
Wilder by murder, which is cool for him since he wants to kill someone in the ring (iirc).

If Ngannou could beat the second best HW boxer in the world, he wouldn't be fighting in the UFC for 500k paychecks.

Yup. TS should Google how much guys like Wilder, Fury and Joshua make per fight.

If Ngannou could cut it against these guys, he'd quit UFC tomorrow because there's a ton of money to be made.

AFAIK Ngannou started in boxing and then transitioned to MMA, he has a puncher's chance but its not like Wilder hasnt faced a power puncher in boxing.

Isnt that a rumour/joke that got traction? LOL
Yeah it's not true, boxers don't have to register their hands. It's a myth/rumor that even martial artists have taken advantage of in the past for promotion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back