Who would you have wanted Jones to fight during 1st reign?

D MCCG

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who would you wanted Jon Jones to fight during his first title reign? No anderson silva or stuff like that only lhw's. I would've liked him to add rumble or phil davis to his kill list. He would pick apart rumble and dominate davis the whole fight. If he had these two wins, he would for sure be considered the goat.

Who would you wanted Jon Jones to fight during his first title reign? No anderson silva or stuff like that only lhw's. I would've liked him to add rumble or phil davis to his kill list. He would pick apart rumble and dominate davis the whole fight. If he had these two wins, he would for sure be considered the goat.

Good choices. Both could have given him some trouble tbh but I suspect prime Jones would decision them.

I’d add W. Silva or maybe the canceled Henderson one but Jones really did clean out most of the division

Gave you a like for the GOAT avatar.

Rumble vs Jones is basically the Khabib vs Ferguson that never happened.

Rumble. Jones has never once faced someone that hits as hard as Rumble and on any given night Rumble can KO anyone with any limb. It was a very dangerous fight for Jones and I'm not surprised it never happened because of how hot and cold Rumble was and wasn't that charismatic and Jones was a UFC cash cow and casuals didn't know who Rumble was.

Phil Davis wouldn't have been an interesting fight at all. Davis is essentially the same fighter as Bader, minus the power, and Jones absolutely clowned Bader.

Rumble might have been interesting simply because of his power, but I would have bet the house on a submission win for Jones within 2 rounds.

Phil Davis wouldn't have been an interesting fight at all. Davis is essentially the same fighter as Bader, minus the power, and Jones absolutely clowned Bader.

Rumble might have been interesting simply because of his power, but I would have bet the house on a submission win for Jones within 2 rounds.
Anthony 'Choke me daddy' Johnson would have submitted to RNC like he always has been.

Anderson fought at LHW and is touted for it so why not Anderson?

Jones vs Rumble would have been an intriguing fight. I have no doubt Jon would have still won(he is really just that good), but it would have been fascinating to see him eat Rumble's bombs. I think Jon's chin would have eaten it well but it would have impacted his future fights significantly as his chin gets cracked harder.

Good choices. Both could have given him some trouble tbh but I suspect prime Jones would decision them.

I’d add W. Silva or maybe the canceled Henderson one but Jones really did clean out most of the division
Wandy was losing left and right when jones was champ, I see that fight going like the chael one. We already saw him vs hendo in jiu-jitsu so just tells you that he would've dominated dan.

Anderson fought at LHW and is touted for it so why not Anderson?
Im talking about true light heavys. And also anderson only fought at light until 2009. Jones became champ at like 2011 or 12, i forgot which.

Back