Who would you have wanted Jones to fight during 1st reign?

Watching a non juiced to the gills Jones would be awesome to see fight prime Chocolate L.

Prime Jones vs a prime Fedor or Ubereem to see who is the best fighter thus far!

He's not less of a GOAT for not having beaten Rumble or Davis, but a Rumble fight would have been awesome. Jones has never fought anyone who can be as dangerous as Rumble (too bad Rumble usually crumbles).

Rumble is literally the only top fighter he never fought in his era. I guess maybe Davis counts too.

Fun fact: Frank Shamrock, Tito, Chuck, Randy, and Forrest are the only LHW champions in UFC history that Bones didn't fight. Now you can add Jiri to the list, but at one point, Jones had beaten over 50% of every LHW champ ever, without losing to a single one. Fuckin crazy stat.

Last edited:
I would’ve liked to see him embarrass Fedork.

I can't get interested in the past. I'm interested in Jones fighting one or more of the current top LHWs as opposed to his going up to HW bullshit. Jon Jones vs. Jiri....how fun is that.

#1 choice Rumble. no question. was hyped for that match when it was a likely scenario.

Fun fact: Frank Shamrock, Tito, Chuck, and Randy are the only LHW champions in UFC history that Bones didn't fight. Now you can add Jiri to the list, but at one point, Jones had beaten over 50% of every LHW champ ever, without losing to a single one. Fuckin crazy stat.
and Forrest Griffin, my #2 choice for this thread. obviously Jones would dominate, but Griffin being a former champ makes it a fight worth happening at some point back then.

He more or less did what he could have for his first run. He really beat the crap out of legends and mainstays of the sport. I am glad the really old guys like Chuck, Randy and Wandy never got to fight Jones.

First reign Jones would make Rumble quit. Has Jon ever even been rocked?

I know you said only LHW's but Cain would have been the best fight UFC could make.

I wish Jimi Manuwa won his key fights and earned a shot at Jones. Not saying he would've won but it'd be worth watching.

I think he fought everyone

He did. People were saying for years that he had cleared out the division.

Rumble was really the only interesting fight that never got made, and that was only interesting because he hits like a truck, and Jon had never really been rocked, let alone KOed. But it would have ended the same way all of Rumble's losses ended - with a RNC.

#1 choice Rumble. no question. was hyped for that match when it was a likely scenario.

and Forrest Griffin, my #2 choice for this thread. obviously Jones would dominate, but Griffin being a former champ makes it a fight worth happening at some point back then.

Ah, shit, I thought I included him. Good catch.

Who would you wanted Jon Jones to fight during his first title reign? No anderson silva or stuff like that only lhw's. I would've liked him to add rumble or phil davis to his kill list. He would pick apart rumble and dominate davis the whole fight. If he had these two wins, he would for sure be considered the goat.

Breaking your rules Bro.. Sorry.

I would have loved to watch Jones fight Junior Dos Santos back then.

Both in their Primes Jr. JDS weighed 235ish and Jones without a weight cut would be within 10 pounds of that.

Just think that would have been the most entertaining scrap for them both back then...

I think Phil Davis is the only Elite LHW Jon missed that would have probably taken him into deep water. But Mr. Wonderful would have been smashed by the end of it.

Rumble may have had that puncher's chance very early... But not much more.

Back