• Hall

• Nash

• No One

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
DDP would have been my pick especially after he reversed the jackhammer into the Diamond cutter. One of the best reversals in wrestling at the time that was wasted.

Jericho would have been my next pick.

Or they could have actually used Hitman the way they're supposed to and have him end it when Goldberg speared him and he had the metal vest on.

I like the Bret and DDP ideas. The Diamond Cutter reversal is still such a great little moment in time. I always thought WCW did an ok job of hyping mega matches (pre '96) but they just lost their way once the nWo storyline took over. Maybe the lackluster Starcade '97 match had something to do with, not sure, but I wouldn't count on them being able to hype a title change with the type of spectacle it deserved.

A younger talent, years after it actually happened. The next "one" basically.

ddp after he countered the jackhammer, or you do a rematch sometime in 99 and have ddp finally beat him.

Reactions: Ruv
Scott Steiner

Goldberg would've never wrestled Nash at starrcade but Jericho instead after a cheap WW3 win.

Goldberg would've kept the streak until starrcade 1999 beating guys like Flair, Savage, Sid, Nash, Luger, and Sting

I would've kept the huge tournament with Steiner beating Benoit in the finals at Mayhem. Steiner then squashes Bill at Starrcade and Goldberg goes away for a while while Steiner destroys all the faces

You know what is really interesting about this discussion?

I think people forget how popular Nash and the Wolfpac were in 1998 going into December.

So, I think maybe he was a fine choice, it was just the aftermath that sucked

Heel Bret would've been fine, but the damage had already been done to his character upon arrival to WCW, and I'm not sure if he ever recovered. Yes he was always a legit top guy, but he lost some magic.

Steiner was my choice. WCW waited too long to pull the trigger and put the strap on him.

DDP and Booker would've been my other choices.

Agree with an earlier post that Jericho/Benoit/Eddie wouldn't have worked with the way WCW used them.

The HBK sheen michael or David aqueete

I thought Jericho was the most talented guy on that roster and it would have been great to see a CW pull it off

DDP and Steiner due to how popular they where with a win over Goldberg pushing them to main event status.

Steiner. They had a good back and forth and he was a genetic freak. Still a big fan of big poppa pump. His promos were epic.

Back