• The Worm

• Hall

• Nash

• No One

Results are only viewable after voting.
I forgot it was ddp in the nwo red and black not sting

I really wanted Sting to win this...
hogan-ruins-sting-vs-goldberg.jpg

Voted Sting, because he had been in WCW forever at that point and had put so much hard work and effort in. Would have been awesome to see him end it

Reactions: HHJ
DDP would have been my pick especially after he reversed the jackhammer into the Diamond cutter. One of the best reversals in wrestling at the time that was wasted.

Jericho would have been my next pick.

Or they could have actually used Hitman the way they're supposed to and have him end it when Goldberg speared him and he had the metal vest on.
I picked DDP because he and Goldberg were the only true bonified stars WCW made during that era. Also I would've booked the entire year of 1998 differently. You had Bret Hart coming in off the hottest angle in the business in December of 97. Since Sting won the strap at Starcade as the payoff to WCW's best angle of 97. I would've had Sting and Hart have a dream match trilogy the first 3 ppv's of 98. Goldberg shouldn't have won the strap until Starcade 98. DDP could have won the strap for the first time sometime in the summer of 98. The NWO should've split into the black/white & Wolfpac early in 98 and feuded with each other until War Games.

Bret if it was booked right. WCW seemed incapable by then of booking their way out of a paper bag.

It would have been cool for hart to get a late comeback sharpshooter

The way they did it helped nobody.

You know what is really interesting about this discussion?

I think people forget how popular Nash and the Wolfpac were in 1998 going into December.

So, I think maybe he was a fine choice, it was just the aftermath that sucked
<PlusJuan>

Back