Who's excited for new Slipknot tomorrow?

New album is a 8/10. Really enjoyed it after a first full listen.

Saw them live in June at a festival where they only played 2 new songs(All Out Life, Unsainted) but these sounded pretty good live. Gonna watch them next year again when they tour Europe for a solo show.

I’ll combo this thread with the unpopular music opinions... I prefer stone sour

The singles were the highlights of the album for me, maybe the others were grow on me after I listen to it a few times. Solway Firth is the best song IMO.

I haven't heard the album yet, but I'm seeing them Monday and I can't wait!

There are three singles out for far. They are pretty decent. I'll wait to hear the full album until i form an opinion. Comes out August 9th

Posting this pic of Mick to link somewhere else

77.jpg

I really like the new album. Seeing them on the 20th.

How was the show?

*edit* Nevermind. It's not Monday yet LOL. Cheers!

Been waiting patiently for the album to drop. I don’t like them at much as I used to but Corey Taylor is an amazing vocalist so I’ll always be a fan. Taking my gf to see them in KC next week. It’s her first concert and her favorite band.

Slipknot is not good... their gimmick was mildly interesting back in the early 2000's, maybe because i was in highschool... are you in highschool? The live show was good, or can be... i've met Corey and he came off as a prick. No interest in the new album or the last 10 albums...

Nero Forte I’m a big fan of already.

Edit: this is definitely a single right here

Last edited:
Slipknot is not good... their gimmick was mildly interesting back in the early 2000's, maybe because i was in highschool... are you in highschool? The live show was good, or can be... i've met Corey and he came off as a prick. No interest in the new album or the last 10 albums...
To each his own but I disagree. Slipknot is fucking awesome. Maybe it was because I began to enjoy them around my high school years and I'm not a fairweather fan. The live show IS good and most people are there for the music so Corey can be a prick all he wants as long as he and slipknot continue to produce great music.

If you have no interest why the need to come here and tell us? I mean it's one thing to say you don't like them but to proclaim they are not good, they are a gimmick and trying to shame followers like they are high school kids is a purposeful attempt to be a dick. You come across as lame and desperate for attention. Cheers!

To each his own but I disagree. Slipknot is fucking awesome. Maybe it was because I began to enjoy them around my high school years and I'm not a fairweather fan. The live show IS good and most people are there for the music so Corey can be a prick all he wants as long as he and slipknot continue to produce great music.

If you have no interest why the need to come here and tell us? I mean it's one thing to say you don't like them but to proclaim they are not good, they are a gimmick and trying to shame followers like they are high school kids is a purposeful attempt to be a dick. You come across as lame and desperate for attention. Cheers!
I have a friend like you, never gave up the ghost. People desire different things from music so i'm not shaming people for listening but it seems you maggots want an echo chamber, you don't want your beloved "not like everyone else" figureheads to be demeaned. It's a lame excuse at rebellion, a lie, a much more mainstream thing than any of you'd like to admit but it's fine...

I've seen them 4 or 5 times in the iowa days and enjoyed it, except one time at a smaller venue which is where i met Corey, without mask before people knew what he looked like. My previously mentioned friend has a slipknot tattoo (...) and wanted to show Corey, before he had a chance to, Corey got mouthy and called my friend a dick for making a facetious comment. Later during the show he whined and cried on stage about how he "let us fans get this close to them" and "how the crowd wasn't into it enough and they were at such an intimate place". Lost respect for him and the band that day. My blinders were lifted and i saw it for what it was, mainstream, ego driven, formulaic, for profit, lies.

Just reach out, take my hand, i'll save you from your delusion...

I have a friend like you, never gave up the ghost. People desire different things from music so i'm not shaming people for listening but it seems you maggots want an echo chamber, you don't want your beloved "not like everyone else" figureheads to be demeaned. It's a lame excuse at rebellion, a lie, a much more mainstream thing than any of you'd like to admit but it's fine...

I've seen them 4 or 5 times in the iowa days and enjoyed it, except one time at a smaller venue which is where i met Corey, without mask before people knew what he looked like. My previously mentioned friend has a slipknot tattoo (...) and wanted to show Corey, before he had a chance to, Corey got mouthy and called my friend a dick for making a facetious comment. Later during the show he whined and cried on stage about how he "let us fans get this close to them" and "how the crowd wasn't into it enough and they were at such an intimate place". Lost respect for him and the band that day. My blinders were lifted and i saw it for what it was, mainstream, ego driven, formulaic, for profit, lies.

Just reach out, take my hand, i'll save you from your delusion...

You're a moron who missed the point. To each his own is a pretty accepting statement.

If you're gonna argue anything how about the part about you being lame and desperate for attention? No argument seems like acceptance to me.

You're a moron who missed the point. To each his own is a pretty accepting statement.

If you're gonna argue anything how about the part about you being lame and desperate for attention? No argument seems like acceptance to me.
this is a forum, where people voice their opinions... i guess as a typical slipknot fan you lack discernment. Can't take criticism of your beloved identity? Unwilling to hear how people have opposing opinions? Can't understand why someone might answer the op in the negative? Don't be embarrassed dude, you like a lame band, it's fine... Stay sick bro or is it sic?...

this is a forum, where people voice their opinions... i guess as a typical slipknot fan you lack discernment. Can't take criticism of your beloved identity? Unwilling to hear how people have opposing opinions? Can't understand why someone might answer the op in the negative? Don't be embarrassed dude, you like a lame band, it's fine... Stay sick bro or is it sic?...

Are you fucking stupid or just putting on an act to seem stupid for some unknown reason? Maybe you could elaborate to why you are so daft?

Never mind

I'll remind you

It was an purposeful act on your part to do more so than voicing your opinion. We've been through this already but on top of being stupid you have memory issues as well as an inability to scroll the fuck up.

Take the chip off your shoulder and accept you came in here, said some shit that was demeaning to the fans in here then tried to pass it off as a public forum and were just stating your opinion. I called you out on it and henceforth you're been a dumbass.

Does this sum it up enough yet or should I create you a pop up book and mail it?

Hey why don't you just GTFO if you don't like the band!

Are you fucking stupid or just putting on an act to seem stupid for some unknown reason? Maybe you could elaborate to why you are so daft?

Never mind

I'll remind you

It was an purposeful act on your part to do more so than voicing your opinion. We've been through this already but on top of being stupid you have memory issues as well as an inability to scroll the fuck up.

Take the chip off your shoulder and accept you came in here, said some shit that was demeaning to the fans in here then tried to pass it off as a public forum and were just stating your opinion. I called you out on it and henceforth you're been a dumbass.

Does this sum it up enough yet or should I create you a pop up book and mail it?

Hey why don't you just GTFO if you don't like the band!

uh oh, here come the maggots... guess what guys i think slipknot is shit. they're stonesourknot, money hungry ego maniacs that pass off their formulaic pop metal as art. it's old hat or should i say mask... trash, and the people who champion their cause are blind losers with terrible taste in music, easily tricked into thinking they're edgy and convinced they are part of some counter culture movement, something of their very own because it's too abrasive for the masses. It's the same as justin beiber or "insert popstar". You've been duped and you're sensitive, i get it.

Now, these things are my opinion so don't be so defensive kids.

uh oh, here come the maggots... guess what guys i think slipknot is shit. they're stonesourknot, money hungry ego maniacs that pass off their formulaic pop metal as art. it's old hat or should i say mask... trash, and the people who champion their cause are blind losers with terrible taste in music, easily tricked into thinking they're edgy and convinced they are part of some counter culture movement, something of their very own because it's too abrasive for the masses. It's the same as justin beiber or "insert popstar". You've been duped and you're sensitive, i get it.

Good god you continue to put your stupidity on your sleeve. This isn't about your fucking opinion, it's about the chip on your shoulder while giving your diatribes about the band. It's beyond opinion. You're brain is wired incorrectly and you can't control yourself hence the farcical attempts at defending yourself and your "opinion".

tenor.gif

Back