Who's the greatest NBA point guard?

Who's the greatest NBA point guard?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stephen Curry is making a great case that it's him. But you have Magic Johnson as well.

Who's your pick?

Curry is my pick.

I consider Robertson the greatest NBA player not just PG. No one has as impressive a collection of stats. If we use rounding Robertson averaged a trple double a few times with no three pointer. He was the perfect basketball player.

I mean it has to be weighted a little on era. Reality is if curry went back to the 80’s and started splashing 28 footers, the league would be shell shocked. It was a post up game back then. But strictly on what guys did relative to their era, magic is still my #1 albeit a bit overrated

Last edited:
Stockton could probably shoot it as well as curry if he was made to focus on that part of the game

Magic. Followed by Stockton.

Stockton doesn't get enough love. He's the all-time leader in 2 categories. Assists and steals. That's an offensive stat and a defensive stat. Well rounded. And if he didn't play in the MJ era, he probably has a ring. There are better players on the list but only Magic was a better pure point guard than John Stockton.

Stockton doesn't get enough love. He's the all-time leader in 2 categories. Assists and steals. That's an offensive stat and a defensive stat. Well rounded. And if he didn't play in the MJ era, he probably has a ring. There are better players on the list but only Magic was a better pure point guard than John Stockton.

Well said. Stockton FTW.

Stockton could probably shoot it as well as curry if he was made to focus on that part of the game

Doubt it.

His shot was hideous and slow. I’m fully willing to bet that he could have been a great shooter, but on Curry’s level? Nah. There’s a reason why almost no one in NBA history is on that level.

Imagine if Curry only shot mid range and picked his spots like Stockton. He’d be shooting 70% from the field.

Doubt it.

His shot was hideous and slow. I’m fully willing to bet that he could have been a great shooter, but on Curry’s level? Nah. There’s a reason why almost no one in NBA history is on that level.

Imagine if Curry only shot mid range and picked his spots like Stockton. He’d be shooting 70% from the field.
Maybe not as good but maybe 80%

He's a much better defender

Fitp isn’t a point guard. When has he even played that position?

Well said. Stockton FTW.
y’all both don’t know shit about ball lmao

They aren’t. This isn’t 1993 where nobody can shoot.
No, they are 2 different things. Running the offense and scoring within the offense are different. Stockton ran the offense better than Steph runs the offense. THere are point guards that run the offense and score but Steph isn't better at running the offense than Stockton was. And Stockton was the better defensive guard as well. So other than scoring within the offense, Curry doesn't play point guard better than Stockton. He's a more impactful player but not a better point guard.

Back