Who's the greatest NHL hitter/bodychecker?

Who's the greatest NHL hitter/bodychecker?

• Bryan Marchment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darius Kasparaitis

• Dion Phaneuf

• Cal Clutterbuck

• Jordin Tootoo

• Alex Ovechkin

• Denis Potvin

• Tom Wilson

• Jarome Iginla

• Total voters

If Kronwall was Canadian, or played for a Canadian team, he'd be much more notorious, on the level of Stevens imo.

A lot of his routine hits would make other's highlight reels.

Just click randomly through this 20min video, of just hits. Few are soft, and they happen everywhere. Offensive zone, neutral zone, d zone, open ice. He's dangerous everywhere.

I would say there are a lot of quantity hitters like Clutterbuck, who have a lot of power-pushes.
Krownwall was routinely flying into heads. He's one of the most routinely spectacular and predatory hitters imo.

Stevens was a head hunter, and even if "legal", it was dirty.

Kasper and Marchant always went low, and even if "legal", it was dirty.

Kronwall had a bad habit of launching himself into people, leaving his feet.

Kronwall for ferocity (stevens was up there but he had a lot of misses. kronwall would smash guys from crazy approaches).

To me it's Neely overall followed by Ovi. Dudes incorporated railroading guys while also being elite point producers. If you could use your stick to stop their rushes they would just opt to drive you through the boards on their next entry.

If Kronwall was Canadian, or played for a Canadian team, he'd be much more notorious, on the level of Stevens imo.

A lot of his routine hits would make other's highlight reels.

Just click randomly through this 20min video, of just hits. Few are soft, and they happen everywhere. Offensive zone, neutral zone, d zone, open ice. He's dangerous everywhere.

I would say there are a lot of quantity hitters like Clutterbuck, who have a lot of power-pushes.
Krownwall was routinely flying into heads. He's one of the most routinely spectacular and predatory hitters imo.

"You got Kronwalled!!!" Clap×3 and repeat...

Had to with Vladdie though, a damn shame his career was cut short.

"You got Kronwalled!!!" Clap×3 and repeat...

Had to with Vladdie though, a damn shame his career was cut short.

Yeah it's too bad about what happen to him. I hope he's been doing ok since then.

I remember throwing Stevens & Blake on create a team for NHLPA on Genesis.
Anybody play that game? the first one you could fight with blood splatter

I believe it's Scott Stevens.

But my favorite is Wendel Clark.

Feel free to suggest some names and I'll add them on the poll.

I think most of you may forgotten this guy, but Steve Webb was a great hitter as well.

Kyle McLaren and his ass of doom deserves mention. His hits made Blake's seem like nothing lol

Alexander Romanov should have a decent amount of dog tags piled up when his career is done

Kronwall for ferocity (stevens was up there but he had a lot of misses. kronwall would smash guys from crazy approaches).

To me it's Neely overall followed by Ovi. Dudes incorporated railroading guys while also being elite point producers. If you could use your stick to stop their rushes they would just opt to drive you through the boards on their next entry.
Yeah Neely's forechecking was a big reason they made hitting in the numbers into the boards a penalty in 1992

Back in those days he just creamed defensemen into the glass lol. Most dmen would toss the puck like it was a hot potato if they knew he was forechecking.

Back