Who's the hardest puncher at WW?

Who's the hardest puncher at WW?

• Total voters
He also loads up and wings his punches from his hips most of the time. The Alhassan KO was insane and a very short punch I'm aware but overall Khaos is a wild brawler with big power, its just easier and less impressive to generate power like that and it rarely converts to success when you fight decent opponents anyways unless you're a Heavyweight. Guys like Jack Della Maddalena and Geoff Neal impress me a lot more with the power they generate from tight, short, crisp technical punching. If they ran forward winging overhands and hooks, who knows maybe they'd hit that hard too? It reminds me of the earlier Foreman vs N'Gannou question someone had on here, Foreman was flooring people from in the pocket and with short arm punches, N'Gannou throws his punches from outerspace and often throws his whole body into them where he gets off balance. It's not the same so stuff like this is hard to measure.
Khaos Williams in overall a very raw fighter and with more technique I think his punching power improves. He's shown crazy power in all of his straight right punches, his left hook is extremely neglected though.
Gaethje was a hard puncher but not the arguable hardest puncher at LW until he started developing a more patient style that played into his powerful left hook and right overhand. He used to almost die in wars of attrition against Luis Palmino to KO'ing Donald Cerrone and Edson Barboza with 1 punch.
His shots aren't clean like Neal but Neal's punching power has alot to do with timing and he's hitting massive counters to get guys like Luque rocked. It's not raw power but a ton of great timing and reads too.

Yeah. WW has always been like that with a few outliers though.

Daley, Lima, Rumble, Ellenberger, Lawler were some of the hardest hitters in the history of the division I think.
Absolutely. They were just in a division full of wrestlers.

Yeah I dunno why DRod is in the poll but not Li...

Li Jingliang
Jack Della Maddalena
Jeremiah Wells
Rinat Fakhretdinov
Michael Morales
Miguel Baeza
Niko Price

should be in the poll IMO. They hit harder than some - and a couple of them - most of the WWs in the poll.

Didn't Li Jingliang also score the highest out of a lot of fighters on the punching machine at UFC PI?

Leech isn't on the list? Only man to ko Zeleski, 1 of 2 men to KO Salikhov in 200 + mma & kickboxing fights, 1 of 2 to ko Ponzi whom Neal didn't sleep or even drop.
Yeah I dunno why DRod is in the poll but not Li...

Li Jingliang
Jack Della Maddalena
Jeremiah Wells
Rinat Fakhretdinov
Michael Morales
Miguel Baeza
Niko Price

should be in the poll IMO. They hit harder than some - and a couple of them - most of the WWs in the poll.

Didn't Li Jingliang also score the highest out of a lot of fighters on the punching machine at UFC PI?

Yeah, this isn't a true list/poll without the Leech on it.

But it's too late now because people already started voting lol.

I voted for Luque, but it’s tough as there is no real measure for punching power.

Technique plays a part, size and weight plays a part, explosiveness, timing… Also willingness to throw full power shots. Most of the dudes could CRACK but choose to fight cool, calm and calculated and don’t go windmilling (Ngannou vs Rozenstruik style). Some dudes crack because they choose to go balls to the wall.

Luque sparks people with his left hook, that’s both great power and technique. He has heavy hands, that’s for sure. He doesn’t need to swing wildly, but sometimes does so.

If Daley was on the list, I’d vote for him. His KOs speak for themselves. Guy never was very well-rounded, but man could he put you out the second he touched you!

This thread needs more gifs!

(HiFiGIF.co)_spoiler-vicente-luque-vs-belal-muhammad-reddit-full.gif

PleasantSpitefulGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

Hard to gauge because the top guys in 170 rarely fight each other lol.

2019 to 2021 was pretty bad year for 170.
Luckily now in 2022, rank squatter Masvidal has lost his top 5 spot, so he will fight another top guys imo.

Hope we also see Colby lose his top 5 spot.
Colby is definitely still a top5 in the division though

Man, I don't know if I should admire or pity you for sticking with Conor even in 2022.

Ill go with both, I "pit-ily" admire you, for being one of the few remaining Conor fans on this forum.

<{yahyou}>

{<redford}
Its touching how some idiots really think Conor has lost majority of his fans.

I think it's Burns

He's fought the top guys like Usman and Chimaev and he has hurt them, he just doesnt have the best chin.

Looking forward to see him fighting Masvidal, Colby and Edwards.

I voted Conor because even though he's not built to take 170 punches, he's one of the more deceptively hard punchers out there.

He sent a bolt of electricity through DP, but got complacent and admired his work.

I voted Conor because even though he's not built to take 170 punches, he's one of the more deceptively hard punchers out there.

He sent a bolt of electricity through DP, but got complacent and admired his work.
<Dany07>

Got to love the window lickers who really think the person with zero punch Ko's at 170, is even remotely close to the hardest puncher at 170.

<{anton}>
{<jordan}

<Dany07>

Got to love the window lickers who really think the person with zero punch Ko's at 170, is even remotely close to the hardest puncher at 170.

<{anton}>
{<jordan}

He sends bolts of electricity through people.

Literally equivalent to a lightning strike.

Said it himself.

Back