Opinion Why do liberals criticize Trump's spending while proposing more spending?

you JUST said it's not any better and that they did "nothing." now you already backpedaled from that with the tax cuts, while insisting trump had nothing to do with the economy. weird, since i seem to recall a lot of bitching about a trade war and tariffs. and yet...

Did the trump tax cuts work?

No

Did they do what they promised?

No

He does have a busted up budget deficit though

Can someone please explain this to me. I'm sure there is reason to it, like SS to offset military spending. I'd like to see something like cutting stuff to help with flowers!
1) Liberals are reacting to the hypocrisy of the deficit hawks during the Obama years, and the non stop harping about it.
2) Liberals are reacting to the timing of the spending - deficits when the economy is receding or in recovery is different to deficits in good times
3) Liberals are reacting to the type of spending - tax cuts directed at the top of the food chain, effectively borrowing to hand more money to the top few percent.

Did the trump tax cuts work?

No

Did they do what they promised?

No

weird, since even his critics at bloomberg disagree.

further, you're STILL backpedaling from saying he did nothing AND your claim that our economy isn't any better than years ago.

record employment and expansion show the economy's better. usmca, china trade war through phase 1 deal, japan's trade deal, the 2017 tax cuts and jobs act... for doing "nothing," he seemed to have done some things.

weird, since even his critics at bloomberg disagree.

further, you're STILL backpedaling from saying he did nothing AND your claim that our economy isn't any better than years ago.

record employment and expansion show the economy's better. usmca, china trade war through phase 1 deal, japan's trade deal, the 2017 tax cuts and jobs act... for doing "nothing," he seemed to have done some things.

What don’t you get about “trumps tax cuts didn’t work?” What was promised didn’t happen.

The economy was doing fine, it didn’t need a round of tax cuts for the richest Americans.

Try thinking about it like your house.

You go out and spend all your money on something stupid. Baseball tickets or whatever. You get home and your wife is pissed. You say that she wanted money spent, why is she complaining while asking to spend even more.

It's like that, and you look like an idiot.

What don’t you get about “trumps tax cuts didn’t work?” What was promised didn’t happen.

The economy was doing fine, it didn’t need a round of tax cuts for the richest Americans.

...so more backpedaling? and ffs, when i post an article from people who hate trump and disagree with his policies and their boss is running for president on an anti-trump platform and they STILL show that the tax cuts and job act 'worked' - what more do you want?

'economy was doing fine' - yeah, even fine economies don't just get stronger and stronger. expansion from the top is pretty hard. recessions are only normal from the top - and yet, we saw more expansion.

open your eyes, man.

edit: and btw, while i'm actually against the deficit in general - if there's a time to add debt, it's when the interest rates are quite low.

...so more backpedaling? and ffs, when i post an article from people who hate trump and disagree with his policies and their boss is running for president on an anti-trump platform and they STILL show that the tax cuts and job act 'worked' - what more do you want?

'economy was doing fine' - yeah, even fine economies don't just get stronger and stronger. expansion from the top is pretty hard. recessions are only normal from the top - and yet, we saw more expansion.

open your eyes, man.

edit: and btw, while i'm actually against the deficit in general - if there's a time to add debt, it's when the interest rates are quite low.

The tax cuts didn’t work as promised. What don’t you get here. The economy did not require these cuts and they did not pay for themselves.

Trump stepped into a booming economy, took credit for it, then slashed taxes for the 1%. Then deficit spent lol.

Please don’t text me again.

The tax cuts didn’t work as promised. What don’t you get here. The economy did not require these cuts and they did not pay for themselves.

Trump stepped into a booming economy, took credit for it, then slashed taxes for the 1%. Then deficit spent lol.

Please don’t text me again.

protip: when anti-trump economists disagree with you, your position is probably somewhere between willfully ignorant and delusional.

protip: when anti-trump economists disagree with you, your position is probably somewhere between willfully ignorant and delusional.

I’ve yet to see a source that says “Trump tax cuts pay for themselves”

One just cannot logically explain the actions of nowadays "liberals" or "democrats".
The radical left are just destroying everything in their way, and they dont care for laws or Constitution.
Stop them if you can.

I agree, Bernie has no chance at actually passing the legislation he’s promising.

Which is the point, Trump also promised big yet the only thing he could pass was the tax cuts.

What would you like to see cut right now?

I would cut Medicare back, for example. My Mom and Dad have been retired for 10 years but own a business that they don’t actually work at. They make over $1 million year profit and still use Medicare. My father in law is also retired but collects about $200 k in royalties from a patent license. He uses Medicare. Both admit they don’t need it but, hey, it’s free.

Which is the point, Trump also promised big yet the only thing he could pass was the tax cuts.

Are you high?

Renegotiated NAFTA
The wall will be at least 1/3 complete by his first term
Broader immigration reform
Bombed the shit out of Isis
China trade deal
“The best numbers of our lifetime” - CNBC

I don’t even need to go on, that’s already more than enough to win re-election.

Because he’s not spending it in matter they understand, he’s not trying to buy votes...
Yeah chief, Trump's not trying to buy your vote, that much is for sure. He literally doesn't give a shit about you or your support, no matter how much you idolize him.

The cuts weren't an actual cut. They needed up with a net increase. Did you not read that? But when revenue is up mid single digits, and spending is up double digits, you have a spending problem.
Tax revenue as a percentage of GDP is actually down.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/05/us-tax-revenue-dropped-sharply-due-to-trump-tax-cuts-report.html

Revenue under Trump's new tax code is down between 3.5 and 8 percent depending on what measures you use. Excluding TCJA repatriation makes it even worse.

Yeah chief, Trump's not trying to buy your vote, that much is for sure. He literally doesn't give a shit about you or your support, no matter how much you idolize him.
Go cry about it ...

Tax revenue as a percentage of GDP is actually down.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/05/us-tax-retrue e-dropped-sharply-due-to-trump-tax-cuts-report.html

Revenue under Trump's new tax code is down between 3.5 and 8 percent depending on what measures you use. Excluding TCJA repatriation makes it even worse.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-increased-by-over-200-billion-more?_amp=true
Tax revenue is up 4%. In comparison to GDP is pointless and doesn't make sense. Problem is spending is radically exceeding revenue

I would cut Medicare back, for example. My Mom and Dad have been retired for 10 years but own a business that they don’t actually work at. They make over $1 million year profit and still use Medicare. My father in law is also retired but collects about $200 k in royalties from a patent license. He uses Medicare. Both admit they don’t need it but, hey, it’s free.
{<huh}
How many retired people do you think pull in a million dollars from a business they dont work at, or have patents giving them hundreds of thousands of dollars?

Back