Why do people like to watch adults who act like children play video games on Youtube?

It’s not a craze that has ever appealed to me in the slightest. I never cared much for even watching my friends play games that I was in the same room as.

He always did come across as a bit of a man-child or a frat bro.

In middle/high school he competed in pairs figure skating:
NHC8hKp.jpg

If i recall correctly he worked full time in tech support after high school and started streaming on the side. Once he blew up he divorced his wife an started dating a Twitch thot.

His is an interesting story for once acquiring wealth. He slowly started projecting himself as some sort of frat bro. Which in itself is hilarious.

I watch someone stream a game I like on occasion just to see how they play or if I can pick up any tips from them

one thing that keeps bothering me is most of the time the person streaming is a total cornball and just annoying as all hell. I finally watched some college kid stream Skyrim, and he was acting normal. But for the most part it’s hard to find someone that is being themself and isn’t putting on an act and trying too hard to be funny

Yea I don't get it either. South Park did an episode about it a while ago.

I don't care if people watch, we watch people do random things since forever.

What bothers me to some extent is people throwing money at them. I know they're "content creators" but come on...

this little prick doesnt really need to be near AVGN. i think we can find a better replacement for him
He can have AGVN. Ever since he sold the channel it has went down hill.

I don’t watch Let’s Plays or anything like that but I do like watching challenge runs/speed runs of some of my favorite games. I’ll also tune in to watch high level players.

Why do people like to watch adults act like children on Sherdog?

Srsly though, I'm kind of selective with who I watch playing games on youtube or twitch. The only one I really watch with any regularity is Razorfist, and that's mostly because of the unrelated social commentary and literary/musical analsyis he does. He usually plays older games, which can be fun to watch for the nostalgia. But I keep it on audio only for 90 percent of his streams.
Besides that I mostly watch gaming channels to get info on the games being played, and because it sometimes help to have a virgilian guide. The sad reality is I simply don't have time to sit down to play games that much myself anymore (I also don't have the inclination to spend money on a pc able to handle newer games), so watching other people play for a while is a surrogate. ..

Last edited:
In middle/high school he competed in pairs figure skating:
NHC8hKp.jpg

If i recall correctly he worked full time in tech support after high school and started streaming on the side. Once he blew up he divorced his wife an started dating a Twitch thot.

His is an interesting story for once acquiring wealth. He slowly started projecting himself as some sort of frat bro. Which in itself is hilarious.

so basically he started slowly fucking up his life.

Pretty sure a large part of their fan base are kids, teenagers and early 20's.

Also, age is just a number. There are plenty of gamers 30+ who act like children on the internet.

I used to be one of the "why watch someone play wjen you can play yourself?" but then I realised its like watching football.

Youre watching others play something you could do yourself, but youre not watching it for that, youre watching it to see better players play a game, or be in a community supporting your favourite teams etc just like in sports. Its weird to us but that was the case with some sports aswell. Just live with it.

Tweens always had terrible senses of humor.

There are good streamers though. Jeff Green started again, he's in his 50's, been writing about games forever and half the fun is him being hopelessly confused and making fun of himself. I read him when I was a tween so it could be my terrible sense of humor talking.

Previously Recorded was good too before they stopped.

I remember Jeff from ages ago. He had some health issues I think before he stopped streaming.

I remember Jeff from ages ago. He had some health issues I think before he stopped streaming.

He said it was mental health stuff from being in the public eye but he's mentioned medicinal marijuana for his back too. Getting old is rough.

Their audience is kids, not adults.

TS question is like asking "why do adults watch Mr. Rogers." Answer: they don't.

Depends.

I used to like Achievement Hunter when Ray was with them. It was the dynamic, the wit between them.

Never got into anyone solo, but I'd guess that it is the same reason why Jim Carrey became so popular.

Silly humour with hyper-expressionism is just more funny to the young, like a family member pilling silly faces at them.

Their gta iv lets plays and minigolf lets plays were hilarious

Their audience is kids, not adults.

TS question is like asking "why do adults watch Mr. Rogers." Answer: they don't.

I started watching a bit of Mr Rogers a few days ago. The world is full of horrendous, violent stuff, not just Covid-19, but the way that people speak to each other, our violent entertainment, the drama. I've noticed it as of late, the games that I play make me angry and frustrated sometimes, the discussions in here for example that, if someone disagrees, always starts with an insult. I play GTA Online, I watch wrestling, even Monster Hunter: World pisses me off.

Watching Mr Rogers is a bit like watching that painting bloke with the afro. Sometimes you need a bit of innocence to balance the trash.

Besides, from what I saw from his interviews with Joan Rivers and Letterman, his non-violent, non-judgemental, gentle decency seemed to be able to put people in line.

Their gta iv lets plays and minigolf lets plays were hilarious

They bounced off each-other really well. Now they have webcams and they act more like streamers, which has really watered them down.

Personally I dont follow any streamers. But you dont only get adults acting like children, there is few cool guys out there acting and behaving mature.

The idea of watching someone else play a videogame is not something I'm interested in.

I'm not entirely sure. I remember as a kid I would absolutely hate watching other people play video games. You ever have a friend invite you over then proceed to play a 1 player video game by themself? Surprisingly I knew people that actually liked watching people play video games though.. I've always found even playing video games to be pretty boring but watching them... There are actually people that play video games on twitch and people pay them for whatever reason, I don't get it.

Back