Why do randoms in the street fall after a jab

Trailor trash on the street don't know how to breakfall either. I wouldn't be suprised If a simple snap punch or kick would have them fall over like grandma and crack their skull at worst.

Putting your hip into the strike would be like nuckeing an ant with an atom bomb
Hey ST how's your testicle doing? I immortalized you in my signature. Time to update the dates I guess.
@AndyMaBobs he's back!

LOL did he really make an account called "spacetimesfriend"?

Weirdly yeah lol, he seemed to lay low for a while - but the dude's clearly got some mental problem where he HAS to be on sherdog

When I see street fights there are two things guaranteed terrible technique and weak ass chins. I'm not just shitting on people but they get knocked out cold from an arm punch that doesn't even land flush. Is it that random people in the street don't have strong necks or traps or are some people just made to fight and others not?
Same way how pure strikers start spazzing and panicking when you get your hips under them and lift them into a throw. Without a point of reference they don't know what's going on and their body is not prepared.

Getting hit in the face or body is not natural, learning to take a punch is a skill and conditioning itself and takes getting used to.

A couple of our coaches who bounced early in their career were talking about this recently. They’d grab someone in a hold and be surprised how quickly your average person goes out or complies to a lock. They just aren’t built the same mentally or physically as someone who’s on the mats for hours a week
well yeah, you remember your first time on the mat? Its not a good feeling, and your opponent is being nice.

Alot of "street" footage are guys getting sucker punched or caught before setting base -even trained boxer gonna fall on one of those

tOC7xNq.gif

Most people don’t know what it’s like to get hit. Think about it. Those of us that train, we’re used to get punches thrown at us on a weekly basis. The average internet shit talker has no idea what it looks or feels like.

You crack someone in a fight you can almost guarantee the end is near. Either they will panic, cover up and fold to the pressure or will go full spaz after and leave themselves open. Just be careful if they go this route if they are physically gifted.
Exactly bro untrained people just can't react to punches the same as people like us who train regularly.

A couple of our coaches who bounced early in their career were talking about this recently. They’d grab someone in a hold and be surprised how quickly your average person goes out or complies to a lock. They just aren’t built the same mentally or physically as someone who’s on the mats for hours a week

Yeah, punches, holds, leg kicks, all of it.

I forget which poster but someone on here once said "people who've never been kicked in the legs have the CUTEST reaction to getting kicked in the legs."

@tonystpierre Welcome to the forum but please stop necrobumping old threads. You've just bumped 4 threads in a row and the ONLY one of them that isn't old as fuck just happens to be about a video filmed 5 years ago...

Seriously?

If yes: it's because

1. Without gloves, all the power behind a punch is concentrated on the point of impact (the knuckles, most of the time) instead of being spread over a larger surface.

2. Untrained people can't envision what a punch coming toward them looks like and don't have appropriate defense mecanisms (clenching the jaw, rolling with the punch) drilled into their muscle memory.
Agreed. And you get ktfo by the strike you dont see. You dont see much if you're blind rotten drunk.

@tonystpierre Welcome to the forum but please stop necrobumping old threads. You've just bumped 4 threads in a row and the ONLY one of them that isn't old as fuck just happens to be about a video filmed 5 years ago...
Not like much happens in here any more, any activity is good activity imo.

A few things. They don't keep their eyes on their opponent, so they often don't see the punch coming. They don't tuck their chins, so they take more punches on the button. They don't have head movement so they don't roll with punches and lessen the impact. They often charge right into a punch which magnifies its power.

Not trying to be the contrarian ITT but I wonder how many of you have been around dangerous people.

We may posess fighting techniques and preparation, but what we don't posess is the sheer violence and toughness of some of these gritty, super aggressive guys out there. We fight in controlled environments and touch gloves before we start. Some of these guys will want to actually kill you once it's on and you'll have to incapacitate them because it's like if they are possessed.

I think some of you might have an "oh fuck" moment when you see it in their eyes. Don't forget the enormous advantage of the crazy guy who DGAF and has that berserk switch. It's fucking frightening.

Not trying to be the contrarian ITT but I wonder how many of you have been around dangerous people.

We may posess fighting techniques and preparation, but what we don't posess is the sheer violence and toughness of some of these gritty, super aggressive guys out there. We fight in controlled environments and touch gloves before we start. Some of these guys will want to actually kill you once it's on and you'll have to incapacitate them because it's like if they are possessed.

I think some of you might have an "oh fuck" moment when you see it in their eyes. Don't forget the enormous advantage of the crazy guy who DGAF and has that berserk switch. It's fucking frightening.
my friends ex husband was the guy that friend group called when they needed back up for something. Parties out of control, bar fights, road rage, What ever. You could call him and the Dude would wake up at 2am from a dead sleep, hop in his car, drive 5 minutes, knock a guy out in a 7-11 parking lot then go home and go back to bed.

no formal training, he was just that guy.

We can take a punch because we are all 6'6" and 300 lbs here on sherdog.

Most people don’t know what it’s like to get hit. Think about it. Those of us that train, we’re used to get punches thrown at us on a weekly basis. The average internet shit talker has no idea what it looks or feels like.

You crack someone in a fight you can almost guarantee the end is near. Either they will panic, cover up and fold to the pressure or will go full spaz after and leave themselves open. Just be careful if they go this route if they are physically gifted.

Great post. I remember in high school this kid Mitch he was built like a brick shit house but only about 5"6. Anyways when he would get into fights he would just beat peoples ass with the worst technique ever. He would just throw wild haymakers in quick succession and he was so strong they would fuck up whoever he was fighting. Would have loved to see him get humbled by someone with technique

Back