Why does Anik insist on telling us how many times each referee is scheduled to work each night?

TJ177

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He doesn't even tell us which fights they're reffing, even though he clearly has that information.

Why do I care if Herb is working his 2nd of 3 fights that night?

just random facts

who cares if you dont wanna watch and find out which fight he refs

he talks so much shit my brain pretty much ignores his voice

He really likes to throw out them baseball-esque stats. I don't know if they do it much anymore but I remember a time when it felt like everytime they went to an arena Goldberg would start off the show with "For the SIXTH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here at (wherever)" Like oh, 6 is a such a significant number.

Still better than these awkward post fight interviews.
<WhatIsThis>

Almost like it’s his job to comment on things

In the almost 30 year history of MMA no one ever thought it was necessary to know how many times each ref worked.

He's not commenting on the fight, he's just commenting on pointless minutiae to fill air.

In the almost 30 year history of MMA no one ever thought it was necessary to know how many times each ref worked.

He's not commenting on the fight, he's just commenting on pointless minutiae to fill air.
Dude why do you get pissy about it it’s just there for the few seconds before the fights it’s not thread worthy

Dude why do you get pissy about it it’s just there for the few seconds before the fights it’s not thread worthy

I'm trying to do a public service to bring attention to it because Anik will keep doing it unless we hold him accountable.

Would Anik tell us if Keith Peterson was "no nonsense"?

Back