Why don't we see the rape choke more often?

Systemanoob**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have yet to see a proper defense against it yet. Recently several fighters, notably former fighters from Chute Box, have discovered you don't need fancy chokes to finish a fight.

Wandy left The Dean of Mean, Keith Jardine (and David Spade) in a vegetable state for about seven minutes after he rape choked Jardine.

wandyownage02.gif

Ninja used it to choke out some trash talking punk.
NinjaTonystaredown.gif

2vi1pub.jpg

Also you can see Rorion Gracie using a two handed version of the rape choke on the Hapkido guy on youtube.

So my question is why don't we see the rape choke more often?

Because thank God most people think it's a dirty tactic. To actuallt finish a fight with it is difficult as people will literally fight for their life to get out of it. I don't think it's a very effective technique at all, and it requires so little skill to do. I think it's cheap, dirty, and I hate the name...... Except when Wandy does it.

because you have to be mounted to really do it. In most cases, doing it from guard will get you armbarred.

And if you're mounted on the guy, usually people's first instinct is to pound the guy out

I get it when Im on my back and people swim both arms under my legs and try to suck my hips in and pass....I use my right hand to cup the back of the neck and the left as the rape choke.

9 times out of 10 people dont think its a real choke so they dont let go until they realize they have to tap

at one point it was listed as an illegal move...I have not checked recently, but I know that I saw it on the illegal moves list about two years ago...thats probably a good deal of why you don't see it. You'll notice in those fights that they are more using it for control of the head position than a choke. Also, a trained person can have a choke like that on them for thirty forty seconds easy before its a problem...its virtually impossible for someone to get a blood choke on someone the same size with a rape choke, and when its just an air choke, the person will last as long as they can hold their breath, which for some people could be several minutes potentially (no, not in a fight, but in a calm setting)(in a fight though 30 seconds wouldn't be surprising). The fact is that there are better things to do while in mount and any other position you would be giving up control of position trying to finish with that...thats probably why we don't see it often...

I think that it would be because when the fighter is performing the choke...his weight is all focussed on the trechea and could seriously damage the tracheal rings causing difficulty breathing.

Chek out this pic of the Trachea
Image:Respiratory system.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides I think that all the chokes in the UFC are supposed to be blocking off only the carotid arteries to end bloodflo to the brain til u let go.

Dats wat i think...neone agree?

No one chokes out anyone with the "rape choke"...it's the hard punches with the other hand that do the job.

for all you who posted above me... its obviously a joke thread... or at least I hope it is for systema's sake.

ps its vegetative not vegtable state.

You cry to the mods because I "flame" you and then you come back and post this shit?

You must be a troll.

It is kind of odd how it seems to have become more common lately..

for all you who posted above me... its obviously a joke thread... or at least I hope it is for systema's sake.

You must not be familiar with Systmanoob's posting history. :icon_conf

I use the Rape Choke to set up a standing guard pass. I grab his throat while in his guard to push off of so I can do a standing pass sequence. No, I don't let nobody lumberjack me when I stand, that just don't happen.

I have yet to see a proper defense against it yet.

I guess your sambo isn't that good is it? The rape choke is usually easy to defend, just like any move. Just check the elbow. I've seen a move from called the Dominator which uses the rape choke to choke a person, but it is differently from those gifs. The Dominator uses one's body position and one's other arm to trap the opponent's head and prevent the escape while making it tighter.

I think the choke is secondary in those gifs, though they are using their body weight to choke. What they are doing is using it as a handle to keep him on the ground. I use it sometimes when passing the guard to keep someone from breaking my posture or getting close for an armlock. From mount, they can punch him in the head easily, which certainly contributes to them getting ktfo. Plus the choking part, which works better for some than others.

I don't like the whole straight up throat grabbing, it's funny because I'm really starting to get into jiu-jitsu and I don't mind being choked with blood chokes, triangle, rnc, whatever. But I have this weird thing when someone puts their fingers on my throat, I freak out. I guess in a way it's just a primal instinct, self preservation, but it's something I need to over come if I wanna take grappling seriously.

While I agree that Wandy just used to control, I think Ninja's was actually somewhat choking him. I haven't seen the fight, but Bonello looks like he is going out from a choke with that thousand yard stare. I sure the punches didn't help his cause either, though.

It doesn't even seem like an actual technique, just the sort of thing you figure out.

i think it was an old grappler's quest where dean lister pulled it on tony de souza (to control), even asking the ref if it was ok

de souza freaked out. i hate to say i can't that find that damn video now

Because thank God most people think it's a dirty tactic. To actuallt finish a fight with it is difficult as people will literally fight for their life to get out of it. I don't think it's a very effective technique at all, and it requires so little skill to do. I think it's cheap, dirty, and I hate the name...... Except when Wandy does it.

and its a douchebag move but i like the name cuz it seems everyone doesnt like the name so to be dif:icon_twis

I guess your sambo isn't that good is it? The rape choke is usually easy to defend, just like any move. Just check the elbow. I've seen a move from called the Dominator which uses the rape choke to choke a person, but it is differently from those gifs. The Dominator uses one's body position and one's other arm to trap the opponent's head and prevent the escape while making it tighter.

I think the choke is secondary in those gifs, though they are using their body weight to choke. What they are doing is using it as a handle to keep him on the ground. I use it sometimes when passing the guard to keep someone from breaking my posture or getting close for an armlock. From mount, they can punch him in the head easily, which certainly contributes to them getting ktfo. Plus the choking part, which works better for some than others.

systemanoob rarely posts except to troll.

It didnt look like wand or ninja were using it to choke, it looked like they were holding his head in place to hit him.

Against a trained fighter, i dont think you would be able to keep your grip to choke them

Back