Why is Mousasi never brought up in GOAT discussions?

Because he went to Bellator in the prime of his career when he was a fight away from the title da fuck

He would have beat Weidman if they did a rematch, would have beat Rockhold and Jacare (in a rematch imo) and could have beat Yoel or Bobby and been champ and probably defended a couple times and on p4p list...all hypothetical of course but at the time it was only these 5 guys at middleweight. Instead he takes the ‘easier’ route, goes to Bellator, almost loses to schlemenko and now has to fight a bunch of juicy sluts....terrible career move
This is acceptable but he didnt take " easier route" .... again victim of circumstance he shouldn't have been in first place but well said on everything else.

Maybe in the discussion for Top 10 MW, not anywhere near any discussion for Top 10 Goat.

Change you name to GegardOwnsMyHeart.
Wife and kids own my heart and Gegsrd dont pay my bills. Do I have some bias towards mousasi ? Ok ...no problem.

However, I've never claimed anything " unreasonable " about one the legends of this sport.

Genuinely interested if Mousasi ends up losing to Machida, who we both can agree is a little long in the tooth these days, will you concede Moose's best days are behind him and that he's not a MW goat?
Weve already had this convo ,mate. I think I was rather fair in answering.

He's the GOAT human

Fact?
source.gif

Anderson Silva is without question the MW Goat. Even my boy @Franklin U. . who may be the biggest Moose fanboy on here would concede that.
I've never , at any point, called mousasi thee goat at mw . I'm not going to lie - love to see todays mousasi vs prime anderson.

Alot of people still dont realize mousasi was only 33 a few weeks ago.
I wish we could see mousasi vs whitaker- helluva fight but we wont.
Again- timing, circumstances and liars brought Gegard to BMMA. He wanted to stay. UFC backpedaled and still didn't match offer ( which wasn't crazy to begin with).They made a " somewhat competitive offer" on day 91 when Coker was allowed to talk to Gegard.

Mousasi vs Lovato jr-

Rd 1- Lovato ( still couldn't do much and didnt threaten with one sub...just hung on, mousasi defended well agsinst whst seemed to be a 205er but Lovato gets round). 10-9
Rd 2- Lovato did nothing but hunt for td and finally got one with a minute and half but gegard popped right up and in final minute and change , clipped Lovato with some jabs and hooks - nothing hard- but enough to give champ round and I even deducted a point from moose for fence grabs - 9-9.
Rd3 - Mousasi 10-9 as Lovato started to really wear damage and most of it on a body triangle reversal on the 5th degree- beautiful thing.
Rd 4- Mousasi 10-8. Watch round and tell me that's not a 10-8 round. Not a traditional 10-8 - only cause Lovato did a pre cordeiro werdum and flopped on back e everytime he got blasted. He needed to still recover from 3rd round and was getting it put on him in this round.
Rd 5 - Lovato held on for dear life and the 5th degree still had yet to threaten with one single sub- with 10 seconds left, he finally hit mousasi from back with some innocuous hammer fists. Lovato 10-9

Mousasi shouldve never left arena without title for those who didnt watch or didnt pay attention.
I'm done for today with me mousasi rants.

The word GOAT = Greatest of all time

For Moose to be considered one, he didnt need a ufc belt, but he had have to have at least shown in his record that he beat the best. I didnt see that.

Now this year Moose was considered by many fans to be in his Prime, yet he got manhandled badly by an unknown fighter - in Bellator. Its just a bad look and exposed his terrible t.d.d compared to say The Reaper

The GOAT anyways is Silva and catching up is Whittaker

He has longevity and alot of really nice wins that aged well. He never had UFC gold but he had the bellator belt for a good while, he also beat rory who I had really high on the WW all time list. The only blemish that looks bad is his loss to Hall which he avenged.

Is he universally considered a top 3 MW and a Top 10 fighter P4P?

Getting owned by Shlemenko, a guy who realistically would maybe be top 15 in the UFC doesn't help his case much.

The word GOAT = Greatest of all time

For Moose to be considered one, he didnt need a ufc belt, but he had have to have at least shown in his record that he beat the best. I didnt see that.

Now this year Moose was considered by many fans to be in his Prime, yet he got manhandled badly by an unknown fighter - in Bellator. Its just a bad look and exposed his terrible t.d.d compared to say The Reaper

The GOAT anyways is Silva and catching up is Whittaker

He got outstruck in Bellator as well in his debut against a guy that is nowhere near the best.

No one said he was thee goat.

If your not thee goat, why would you be brought up in the discussion? The GOAT doesnt mean the greatest over the last few years, or the greatest of your generation, its means the greatest of all time. Im not sure what other goat you could b e now days. But there should only be 1 goat and then 1 goat per weight class. But I guess we still live in the era where everyone gets a trophy.

He has longevity and alot of really nice wins that aged well. He never had UFC gold but he had the bellator belt for a good while, he also beat rory who I had really high on the WW all time list. The only blemish that looks bad is his loss to Hall which he avenged.

Is he universally considered a top 3 MW and a Top 10 fighter P4P?

According to him, most of his issues with lack of being pushed in UFC and acknowledged by the mainstream are because his "hair is not blonde".
He may basically have a point.

He's top 20 one of the baddest mofos to enter mma full stop.

Back