Why the hell is Tulsi still in the race?

Utahraptor Ostrommaysi

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is coming from someone who generally likes Tulsi, and considers her my second choice just behind Bernie. But for the love of God Tulsi, drop out already. You have no chance at this point.
Seriously, does Tulsi really want to be known as the woman who got crushed in all 50 states for the rest of her political career? Tulsi needs to drop out and endorse Bernie already.
What do you think Sherdog?

Raising more retirement funds.

I expected her to drop out before Yang did.

Trying to help Trump, probably. Wouldn't be surprised if she gets a show on Fox after it's over, and staying in longer probably helps that effort.

Trying to help Trump, probably. Wouldn't be surprised if she gets a show on Fox after it's over, and staying in longer probably helps that effort.
Tulsi has called out Trump for continuing endless wars in the Middle East many times, but then agains Republicans love Tulsi so maybe you're right.
<Fedor23>

Raising more retirement funds.

I expected her to drop out before Yang did.
Really the entire field besides Bernie should drop out at this point. No one is magically going to surge and overtake Sanders after he won 3 out of the 4 early states in a row (something no political candidate has ever done in US history) And no, Bloomberg isn't going to swoop in and save the day for the establishment either.
The idea of Tulsi still being in the race at this late in the game is laughable, and again this is coming from someone who generally likes Tulsi.

Last edited:
Alex Jones level CT. Do you also think she is a Russian agent?

I felt a little bad for her when they put the early popular vote numbers in Nevada up. It was something like:

Sanders - 6,589
Biden - 2,576
Warren - 2,267
Gabbard - 8

Oof.

Not winning doesn't really hurt her reputation much in that she wasn't predicted to win. It hurts guys like Biden who was expected to walk through this whole field at one point.

As long as Tulsi's campaign doesn't spend more than it takes in, and as long as her donors don't mind throwing money into a campaign that is definitely not going to win, she's just getting her message out there more and more. That's honestly what most people are probably donating for her to do.

I felt a little bad for her when they put the early popular vote numbers in Nevada up. It was something like:

Sanders - 6,589
Biden - 2,576
Warren - 2,267
Gabbard - 8

Oof.
Yeah, at this point it's just getting sad. At first I thought she was just staying in the race so she could get her anti-war message on stage during the debates. Now I'm starting to think that Tulsi is just delusional.

Maybe she's sticking around hoping to find more reasons to file frivolous lawsuits?

She should stay in as long as she wants to. Let her run 3rd party if she believes in her message that much. Not sure what the big deal is.

Not winning doesn't really hurt her reputation much in that she wasn't predicted to win. It hurts guys like Biden who was expected to walk through this whole field at one point.

As long as Tulsi's campaign doesn't spend more than it takes in, and as long as her donors don't mind throwing money into a campaign that is definitely not going to win, she's just getting her message out there more and more. That's honestly what most people are probably donating for her to do.
It hurts her reputation if she gets crushed in all 50 states.
That was all fine and good when Tulsi was in the debates, but she isn't in the debates anymore. So she isn't really getting her message out there that much now is she?

She should stay in as long as she wants to. Let her run 3rd party if she believes in her message that much. Not sure what the big deal is.
Okay, I'm not sure why Tulsi or her supporters want her to embarrass herself by getting crushed in all 50 states. But hey, she's a grown woman. She can do what she wants as long as she isn't hurting anyone I guess. I just don't understand what she has to gain from staying in the race longer than she already has.

It hurts her reputation if she gets crushed in all 50 states.
That was all fine and good when Tulsi was in the debates, but she isn't in the debates anymore. So she isn't really getting her message out there that much now is she?

I disagree. I don't think it hurts her reputation.

And I just did a Google news search to see if her message is still getting out there at this stage of the campaign. There are hundreds of news articles from hundreds of outlets some positive some negative, but about her. and she's traveling and she's doing town halls and she's talking to people and shaking hands and kissing babies and it matters.

If your goal isn't to win the presidency but to reach people's hearts and minds, I think doing a town hall for 500 people is probably more immediately impactful to those voters than the debates. Except as it pertains to taking Kamala out of the race. Four years or 8 years from now she'll have a larger base of devotees and she'll still be a relatively young politician.

I mean Hillary calling her a Russian asset was pure BS, but there is no way Tulsi is winning that lawsuit.

Tulsi is like Dr. Evil, trying to figure out how to scam the world of....$50,000,000!

First she tried to sue Google for $50,000,000. Then she tried to sue Clinton for $50,000,000. She's probably somewhere in Hollywood right now ready to jump in front of a celebrity's car near a crosswalk.

I mean Hillary calling her a Russian asset was pure BS, but there is no way Tulsi is winning that lawsuit.

Well, Clinton said that Gabbard was being groomed by Republicans to run third party and that she's a favorite of Russia, both of which appear to be true statements.

Well, Clinton said that Gabbard was being groomed by Republicans to run third party and that she's a favorite of Russia, both of which appear to be true statements.

In what way are Republicans grooming her to run 3rd party? You like to say this often, please back it up.

Back