Why the hell is Tulsi still in the race?

The Senate is not a "higher office" than the House. There are two houses in Congress. The Senate and the House of Representatives.

The Senate collectively and the House of Representatives collectively are equal, though there are many fewer senators wielding that equal collective power. Reps represent their districts, while Senate is a statewide office. Constitutional requirements are higher for the Senate (30 vs. 25 and nine years vs. seven years a citizen). Senate terms are longer. Random senators are listed higher in the U.S. ceremonial order of preference, and Senate leadership is listed above House of Representatives leadership (though the speaker of the House is higher than anyone in the Senate).

askren bless her. my we be graced with those oiled up teets for a long time to come

Please explain your "point."
Lol at putting point in quotations.

Anyway I think I was pretty clear the first time
I think the idea that she's being groomed for a third party run is perhaps overselling it but there are definitely lots of people on the right who would love for her to do so in the hopes it splits the votes on the left and allows Trump to win. Exhibit A
I think people on the right would like to see her try a third party run so that she might split the votes going towards whoever is the Dem nominee. Doesn't mean she's being secretly groomed for it, I just think some people have their fingers crossed for it. And based on you bringing up a third party run out of nowhere you seem to be one of them.

Please explain your "point."

Didn't seem too hard to grasp:

"I think the idea that she's being groomed for a third party run is perhaps overselling it but there are definitely lots of people on the right who would love for her to do so in the hopes it splits the votes on the left and allows Trump to win."

So he's saying that he thinks that it's possibly overselling it to say that she's being groomed for a third-party run but that there are lots of people on the right who would like her to run third party in the hopes that it splits the anti-Trump vote and thus helps him win.

If you're interested in learning and discussing things in good faith, I'd advise you to make a real effort to understand what other people are saying, and then if you still disagree, to identify specific beliefs that you think are false (and then if it's something you can look up, look it up) or failings in either their logic or your own.

Lol at putting point in quotations.

Anyway I think I was pretty clear the first time

I think people on the right would like to see her try a third party run so that she might split the votes going towards whoever is the Dem nominee. Doesn't mean she's being secretly groomed for it, I just think some people have their fingers crossed for it. And based on you bringing up a third party run out of nowhere you seem to be one of them.

So you don't have a point then. You used me as "Exhibit A" as someone on the "Right" who wants Tulsi to run third party in the hopes that it splits votes. You can believe that if you want, but I don't put myself in either right wing or left wing categories and whether Tulsi runs third party or not, I personally don't believe it will effect the outcome of the 2020 election. I don't care if she does, I was saying she can run for as long as she wants or run third party if she wants to. She may not have a shot at the Presidency but who are we to tell her to drop out before she's ready?

Didn't seem too hard to grasp:

"I think the idea that she's being groomed for a third party run is perhaps overselling it but there are definitely lots of people on the right who would love for her to do so in the hopes it splits the votes on the left and allows Trump to win."

So he's saying that he thinks that it's possibly overselling it to say that she's being groomed for a third-party run but that there are lots of people on the right who would like her to run third party in the hopes that it splits the anti-Trump vote and thus helps him win.

If you're interested in learning and discussing things in good faith, I'd advise you to make a real effort to understand what other people are saying, and then if you still disagree, to identify specific beliefs that you think are false (and then if it's something you can look up, look it up) or failings in either their logic or your own.

Considering your history here, your opinion of what is a "good faith" argument is completely hollow. Funny you leave out that he quoted me and used me as "Exhibit A" for an argument I wasn't even making. Are all of your "good faith" discussions conducted with a condescending tone and selective memory?

Considering your history here, your opinion of what is a "good faith" argument is completely hollow. Funny you leave out that he quoted me and used me as "Exhibit A" for an argument I wasn't even making. Are all of your "good faith" discussions conducted with a condescending tone and selective memory?

My history here should be an example of how good-faith arguments are conducted. And he used you as Exhibit A for the point that "there are lots of people on the right who would like her to run third party in the hopes that it splits the anti-Trump vote and thus helps him win." Would you not agree that that describes you? And the charge of selective memory is weird (what are you referring to?). The condescending tone arises when appropriate (not always).

So you don't have a point then. You used me as "Exhibit A" as someone on the "Right" who wants Tulsi to run third party in the hopes that it splits votes. You can believe that if you want, but I don't put myself in either right wing or left wing categories and whether Tulsi runs third party or not, I personally don't believe it will effect the outcome of the 2020 election. I don't care if she does, I was saying she can run for as long as she wants or run third party if she wants to. She may not have a shot at the Presidency but who are we to tell her to drop out before she's ready?
Why am I not surprised you're one of those "centrists" who just happens to only rail against the left and leftists and almost always defends Trump?
Good. As much as the MSM and leftists try to deflect from this with some new outrage every week, this may be the most important investigation in modern U.S. history.
I thought "evolve" was the bullshit term leftists use to excuse their hypocrisy.
As much of an asshole as Bernie is, and how him getting the Russia Hoax treatment would be poetic justice, this is dirty and I'd rather he fail because Americans see through his disastrous policies and don't vote for him.

lol at the Lefties in this thread. "Even though there's no evidence of Trump or Sanders colluding with Russia, I know for a fact that Trump is guilty and Sanders is innocent!"
See, when I read your post my instincts told me that this was the same hyperbole with no factual basis behind it that I see other cowardly leftists spew out on this site.
The politics subreddit is an absolute garbage fire of leftist propaganda. There is no healthy debate where both sides get to air their thoughts in any kind of productive conversation.
Anybody gonna pretend like there wouldn’t be massive calls for boycotts and for sponsors to drop people if this was a republican/conservative/right wing news commentator who compared ANYTHING to the N-word?? Cuomo’s done it twice now.
So yeah, not surprised you'd willingly miss the point.

My history here should be an example of how good-faith arguments are conducted. And he used you as Exhibit A for the point that "there are lots of people on the right who would like her to run third party in the hopes that it splits the anti-Trump vote and thus helps him win." Would you not agree that that describes you? And the charge of selective memory is weird (what are you referring to?). The condescending tone arises when appropriate (not always).

No, I wouldn’t. I don’t think Tulsi running 3rd party would make a difference. I don’t think any of the Democratic candidates will defeat President Trump, with or without Tulsi running.

Why am I not surprised you're one of those "centrists" who just happens to only rail against the left and leftists and almost always defends Trump?
So yeah, not surprised you'd willingly miss the point.

Again, you didn’t make a point. You made an accusation against me based off of your conspiracy theory. You only think I’m right wing because of your oversensitivity to opposing opinions. Which is fine, but I certainly don’t need to explain myself to you.

Again, you didn’t make a point. You made an accusation against me based off of your conspiracy theory. You only think I’m right wing because of your oversensitivity to opposing opinions. Which is fine, but I certainly don’t need to explain myself to you.
I think you're right wing because that's how you orient yourself through your actual posts.

If I told you I considered myself a right wing conservative would you really believe that? Of course not. And there's nothing inherently wrong with being right wing btw, I agree with right wingers on certain issues. And I prefer people who admit to being right wing overtly over disingenuous people like you who try to hide behind being "centrist" to project a pretense of being "fair" when in fact you consistently align with the right.

And yes I did make a point, that you're incapable of understanding it is not my fault but yours.

I think you're right wing because that's how you orient yourself through your actual posts.

If I told you I considered myself a right wing conservative would you really believe that? Of course not. And there's nothing inherently wrong with being right wing btw, I agree with right wingers on certain issues. And I prefer people who admit to being right wing overtly over disingenuous people like you who try to hide behind being "centrist" to project a pretense of being "fair" when in fact you consistently align with the right.

And yes I did make a point, that you're incapable of understanding it is not my fault but yours.

Again, that’s you putting words in my mouth and claiming you made a point. I’ve never claimed to be a “centrist.” You called me that, several times and then treat it as a fact simply because you said it multiple times. The more I interact with you, the less I’m surprised by your conspiracy theories. Seems you can’t get out of your own head. That’s fine and all, but it’s nobody else’s problem.

For the record, I couldn’t care less what political box you put yourself in and what you label yourself. I judge people on their ideas and actions. I have beliefs that would make me very unwelcome with right wing groups as well. Centrists too, whatever the hell they are. You may believe I consistently align with the right, maybe the right gas aligned with me. I voted for Obama twice and had more in common with what leftist policies were back then. The hardcore alt-Left seems to be the mainstream now, but I don’t align with them. But most of my beliefs haven’t changed. Funny.

You are wasting your time trying to put labels on everybody and then demand that they explain themselves to you. That’s your ego at work.

literally the best dem candidate getting the least love- smh

I disagree. I don't think it hurts her reputation.

And I just did a Google news search to see if her message is still getting out there at this stage of the campaign. There are hundreds of news articles from hundreds of outlets some positive some negative, but about her. and she's traveling and she's doing town halls and she's talking to people and shaking hands and kissing babies and it matters.

If your goal isn't to win the presidency but to reach people's hearts and minds, I think doing a town hall for 500 people is probably more immediately impactful to those voters than the debates. Except as it pertains to taking Kamala out of the race. Four years or 8 years from now she'll have a larger base of devotees and she'll still be a relatively young politician.

Tusli will be picked as a Vice President nominee by whomever the DNC decides to be their candidate. If somehow they do pick Bernie Sanders she would be a very strong Vice President candidate for his campaign and pull in more votes from moderates and or libertarians.

Not that any DNC candidates have a chance in hell at defeating Trump in 2020. Too much corruption and disorder within the party.

For the record, I couldn’t care less what political box you put yourself in and what you label yourself. I judge people on their ideas and actions.
That's part of my point here, I don't really care what you consider yourself when I've seen your posts and where you align yourself with them.

That's part of my point here, I don't really care what you consider yourself when I've seen your posts and where you align yourself with them.

If that was true, you wouldn't need to invent conspiracy theories and accuse people of saying things they never said. Selective quoting is another example of you creating a situation in your head, and continuing on as if it is fact.
You've seen what you wanted to see. If it makes you comfortable to put people into categories with vague assertions and and selective outrage, be my guest. Again, that's nobody else's problem but your own.

If that was true, you wouldn't need to invent conspiracy theories and accuse people of saying things they never said. Selective quoting is another example of you creating a situation in your head, and continuing on as if it is fact.
You've seen what you wanted to see. If it makes you comfortable to put people into categories with vague assertions and and selective outrage, be my guest. Again, that's nobody else's problem but your own.
What conspiracy theory? I never claimed there was any conspiracy, in fact I said the opposite. So either you're not very good at comprehending what I'm writing or being purposefully dishonest.

What conspiracy theory? I never claimed there was any conspiracy, in fact I said the opposite. So either you're not very good at comprehending what I'm writing or being purposefully dishonest.

That I'm a right winger pushing a Tulsi third party run because it would help Trump get reelected. Never said that. Exhibit A, remember? How is that the opposite of a conspiracy? Your deflection skills need work.

Back