Opinion Why wasn't Israel 2.0 in Germany? Makes sense

Palestine was part of the Ottoman Empire who fought alongside the Germans in WW1. The Ottoman empire lost and was dissolved(you keep bringing up a defeated Germany). Britain's conquest of that area gave them Authority to return the Jewish to their rightful homes.

It was already a huge hub of multicultural immigration because the Ottoman's declared it so and sold huge parts of land to the Jewish between 1850 and the early 1900's for cold hard cash for the Empire, knowing the jewish had been resettling and being wiped out there for millenia due to it being their ancestral home and the seat of their religion.. The Jewish residents proved very able to help the Economy there and did so well they were able to buy and buy more land and more and more folks immigrated there. Essentially it was their Statue of Liberty calling "Bring me your tired your hungry your poor". Its said that the ottoman's actually feared the rising jewish economic power more than they wanted their taxes and that combined with fears that the jewish may help their WW1 enemies (that's us). That's why they eventually just kept all the money they made from them and evicted, deported and killed them.

All Britain did was correct that wrong after they took over that patch of the Ottoman Empire. All this happened well before WW2 was even a worry.

It also became a bastion of hope for Jews fleeing Germany and Hitler's rise to power yes. Amidst all the attacks on the jewish even when there were far fewer of them before they had any power. The Arab riots and anti semetic racial hate happened well before the jewish even had a minor militia. it was the realization of how it was going to keep happening and the ultrareligious hate of the Arabs that hardened Israeli's into what they are today.

Why after living there legally for decades since the Balfour declaration in the 20's would they suddenly abandon everything they built to go to Germany? That's like telling American Settlers to leave the land of opportunity and go back to Europe after 30 years for a lot of them.

Your Scenario makes no sense because all these things were decided before there was even a WW2. And it is weird that you think it would have been some stroke of genius.

The land bought by those jewish settlers during the 1850-1900s wasn't Israel tho...it wasn't a country...it was just land sold to some people, it wasn't officially a country or anything....So stop making it sound as if that land was officially Isarel and all Britain was rectify it.....It wasn't.

Just because some Jewish people lived in that region after the Balfour Declaration....doesn't mean that it was "israel" or anything close to a real country.

LMFAO @ you pretending that they build up that peace of land in 30 years, the few jewish people that were there.....Them leaving that land for Israel in Germany, wouldn't had been a big deal

You mention how the Arabs clearly didn't want the jews there......yet they decided this was the best option....Clearly if we look at history, that was a horrible decision.

I still say Germans would've accepted Israel 2.0 in Germany....There wouldn't be any terrorism/war IMO....I mean if the Germans for the most part were cool with the Russians after WW2, they would be ok with the jews IMO.

What opinion? Germans killed Jews.....Germany, the conquered broken country should of given some of their land to the Jewish people....Seems way more fair than going to palestine and taking there land even if they stole some of the land in World War 1......This was World War 2, completely different storyline.

Fact is, the Germans were the once who caused the most harm thus they should be the ones who should give up some land.
Not going to get too far into this, but WW1 and WW2 are not "completely different storylines". WW2 was a direct and predictable consequence of the first one. The Paris treaties all but guaranteed further conflict. If not for the Marshall Plan Europe would have seen ongoing active wars. As is, it took almost 100 years for some ethnicities to come to terms with some of the results.

Now let's apply those ideas into the aftermath of the 6 day war. I'm not convinced there would be this much ongoing conflict between Israel and their immediate neighbors if not for their treatment of Palestinians in the manner Germany was treated after WW1.

Point is, human nature being what it is there's lots to be learned from history, but little to be gained by living in it. Unfortunately Israel seems determined to recreate it on a different playing field.

Hes not the messiah. Hes a very naughty boy.

The big issue besides religion I would say is that Israel is in a geopolitically important position, it might not have much oil/gas itself but its placed close to a large number of states that do, the US/UK governments creating and backing Israel has I think as much to do with this as anything else, we want a clear ally in the war for influence in this region.

That Israel is reasonably friendlly with US/UK allied states like Saudi Arabia dispite its antisemitism but incredibility hostile to Iran tells you all you need to know.

I think you can also see how the political climate effects Israeli politics, during the 90's there was a movement towards a two state solution as the middle east seemed more stable but post 9/11 you can see Israeli politics has difted further and further towards right wing extremism.

Last edited:
Back