News Wilder wins arbitration battle: has the right to force trilogy fight with Fury

Wilder should take 10million in step aside on the condition he gets the winner.

Something like that. He doesn’t always seem eager to maximize his profit, though.

I guess this is why Fury suddenly came out with the news on the AJ fight today. What a boring shitshow. There’s so much money for all of them, and yet so many obstacles to making the fights we want to see.

His best bet is to take the step aside money & take his time coming back fighting top opponents working on his defense then have it in the contract that he's getting the winner of the Joshua Fury fight next year in May, that's plenty of time to get the rust off & work on his defense fighting off the ropes, or clinching when on the ropes.

Why didn’t he activate the rematch clause immediately following their second fight 2 years ago? That’s a genuine question, I can’t find it or remember why it never happened.

I mean it was barely over a year ago and there's been a bit of a thing going on in the world in that time........

Looks like a good fight is being ruined, but if it’s in the contract, that’s Fury’s problem.

Personally, I don’t think the outcome of the second fight warrants a third at this point and time. Maybe down the road.

Why didn’t he activate the rematch clause immediately following their second fight 2 years ago? That’s a genuine question, I can’t find it or remember why it never happened.
It would have happened in December or February lol.

Maybe he's cashing out. If his heart isn't in it, making mediocre money, getting beat by someone mediocre and retiring isn't his max money route. Getting beat by Fury for big money and getting out is more lucrative.

It would have happened in December or February lol.
Yeah digging deeper it seems like Wilder tried to angle for a fight and Fury’s team gave them the run around. As pointless of a fight as this is, sounds like it has to happen. Oh well, at least we’ll have the hilarity of the build up with tinfoil hat Wilder in full effect.

Likely going to get himself a good payday just to step aside.

I hope he takes the step aside and knocks Ruiz out and then gets the AJ/Fury winner. Whyte just won the Povetkin rematch so he looks good to fight too, name with some legitimacy , butthat's a risky fight imo

Cool.

Beat Wilder in June. Turn it into a boring sparring session.

Fight AJ on the August date already taken.

Back