Will Islam ever fight anyone legit?

Islam has beat the best nr guys in the world who could easily be top 15

they need to give him rda to see what he’s about when he’s not getting koed by a can or lying on drew dober

Or will they keep trying to protect him to build up some Khabib-like hype?
Next opponent: Thiago Moisés

<FookIsThatGuy>

I am getting sick and tired of these hype jobs (Khamzat, Islam) being portrayed as these world beaters when all they do is fight bums.
If you think Tibau, Arman, and Dober are not legit then you have no idea about MMA.

Khamzat maybe didn't fight high level yet, but Islam already fought high level competition and proved himself long before he even submitted Dober.

If you think Tibau, Arman, and Dober are bums then you have no idea about MMA.

Khamzat can be true, but Islam already fought high level competition and proved himself long before he even submitted Dober.

Tibau was washed. Who have Dober and Arman beaten? Lmao at "high level competition"

Joe Rogan said Dober was the most overrated fighter on the roster.

they're not going to give him names until he consistently makes it to fights

<FookIsThatGuy>

I am getting sick and tired of these hype jobs (Khamzat, Islam) being portrayed as these world beaters when all they do is fight bums.
I think they (Khamzat, Islam) are taking what they can get.

No one is clamoring to fight them. Too high risk/low reward

Who did Conor fight at Lightweight? He has only 1 win, and 2 loses, Nate Diaz submitted him at 170, and he barely pull a close decision win over Nate Diaz in rematch.

Islam's Lightweight resume is far better than a single win over Eddie Alvarez.

You got the wrong guy here my dude. I am not a Conor fanboy lmao. Conors win against Alvarez is still more legit than anyone Islam has beaten.

I think they (Khamzat, Islam) are taking what they can get.

No one is clamoring to fight them. Too high risk/low reward

Greatest excuse ever: Just fight bums and claim no one wants to fight you. The UFC could make any fight happen if they wanted and they have a lot of leverage over most of the top 10 guys who are not huge stars. Unless you are one of the biggest stars in the sport, you can't be picky as a fighter. This is just what you are telling yourself to make you feel better

<FookIsThatGuy>

Did you miss the part where nobody in the top 10 will fight him?

Islam had a couple of chances to fight RDA last year but unfortunately they fell through. Now it seems RDA is angling to catch a bigger fish.

Drew Dober is currently #15 so at least there's that. If the rankings went to a top 20 it would probably be some combination of Arman Tsarukyan, Thiago Moises, Rafael Fiziev, Grant Dawson, and Joe Solecki or Nasrat Haqparast. Islam beat Tsarukyan and is about to fight Moises.

Back