Wilt Chamberlain claimed to have a 600lb bench

Have you seen some of these boomers lift? The vast majority of the time it's hilarious ego lifting. One of those boomers got mad at me when I was in the squat rack bc he said I was showing off. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks

Another lie? I think so.

This is coming from the guy who said he fucked like 20,000 different women. He's full of shit. Dude was like 7 feet tall and 250lbs. No way in hell is a basketball player as skinny as him benching that type of weight.

Maddox set the raw bench world record with 355 kilos. And Wilt is pretending like he was only benching 83 kilos less than the all time world record?

If he could skin the Nemean lion and single-handedly win World War 2, I'm pretty sure he could bench 600 pounds.

The only type of people who believe this are the same people that believe Bruce Lee would beat every 125-145lber in the UFC and could kill a man in one punch.

The same people who think every athlete is clean and not using steroids.

Maybe on a machine of some sorts

no disrespect to Wilt, obviously had unreal genetics, but this is simply not true.

The only type of people who believe this are the same people that believe Bruce Lee would beat every 125-145lber in the UFC and could kill a man in one punch.

The same people who think every athlete is clean and not using steroids.

Did you know Herschel Walker does 3000 situps, 3000 push ups, 1500 pull ups every single day? And he only eats one meal a day of bread, soup, and salad while only sleeping 4 hours per night. Never touched a weight a day in his life and definitely never hopped on gear.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I remember reading as a kid an article that the said journalist witnessed Wilt bench 465 at 58yrs old. It's possible. I'd never thought I'd bench 440 until last year.

I remember reading as a kid an article that the said journalist witnessed Wilt bench 465 at 58yrs old. It's possible. I'd never thought I'd bench 440 until last year.

I know this is beating a dead horse after my first post, but if that were true...

The year would have been 1994-1995 when that happened. Why wouldn't someone film that or take a picture of it at least? Of any of his lifting sessions? You'd think someone would right or that Wilt...as a flamboyant, boastful type guy would want someone to.

OgXH88i.jpg

And this is all we have, lmao. Congrats on your 440 bench though, that's impressive.

I know this is beating a dead horse after my first post, but if that were true...

The year would have been 1994-1995 when that happened. Why wouldn't someone film that or take a picture of it at least? Of any of his lifting sessions? You'd think someone would right or that Wilt...as a flamboyant, boastful type guy would want someone to.

OgXH88i.jpg

And this is all we have, lmao. Congrats on your 440 bench though, that's impressive.
I know I guess we will never know. If there is any footage of it it's probably sitting somewhere as it's not digital.

The 440 was definitely a one time thing. Gyms were locked down and I had a bench press rack and a bunch of plates at home as well as enough testosterone to run 300mg for 8months straight. So all I did was bench press, military presses, barbell rows and some medium weight dead lifts. Looking back on it now I rushed the heavy bench by about a year. Left pec ended up with a strain, both elbows were pretty inflamed by end of last year. If I had anadrol 50 with the test I probably would have tore something. Started working out again a month ago but now going to a gym and not being stupid. No benching for me for a while it's time to focus on my back and legs for the rest of the year. I feel like most guys could bench 315x6 without steroids and probably 80lbs more with a reasonable dose of testosterone, however it's kind of dumb to push it as flat bench press is responsible for a lot of torn pecs and I came close.

I know I guess we will never know. If there is any footage of it it's probably sitting somewhere as it's not digital.

The 440 was definitely a one time thing. Gyms were locked down and I had a bench press rack and a bunch of plates at home as well as enough testosterone to run 300mg for 8months straight. So all I did was bench press, military presses, barbell rows and some medium weight dead lifts. Looking back on it now I rushed the heavy bench by about a year. Left pec ended up with a strain, both elbows were pretty inflamed by end of last year. If I had anadrol 50 with the test I probably would have tore something. Started working out again a month ago but now going to a gym and not being stupid. No benching for me for a while it's time to focus on my back and legs for the rest of the year. I feel like most guys could bench 315x6 without steroids and probably 80lbs more with a reasonable dose of testosterone, however it's kind of dumb to push it as flat bench press is responsible for a lot of torn pecs and I came close.

Yeah I don't really like benching, it hurts my shoulders and I just don't care about it much. I was just doing pull ups tonight and my left rotator cuff/shoulder hurt, has been for weeks now. No idea what the fuck I did.

"I feel like most guys could bench 315x6 without steroids..."

This won't be a popular opinion here perhaps, but I don't think so. 315x6 = ~355-375 lb max. The average male is 197.9 lbs, that's counting obese people and fat fucks out there. The USPA "drug tested" 198 lb raw national bench record is 447.5 lbs.

So not to project, my bench is shit and I don't really care about the lift. But obviously guys using drugs (even if it says drug free, obviously they are) and devoting tons of time to improve their benches as powerlifters - and 447 is the record. I'm over analyzing that statement probably, but I just don't think so at all. I think people will average genetics will struggle to rep out 3 plates, unless they are specifically, anatomically built to bench well. So now we'd have to include a swathe of below average genetic people, and everyone is natty?

But I mean whatever really. Just over analyzing. Definitely achievable by many. I just don't think "most", naturally at least.

Yeah I don't really like benching, it hurts my shoulders and I just don't care about it much. I was just doing pull ups tonight and my left rotator cuff/shoulder hurt, has been for weeks now. No idea what the fuck I did.

"I feel like most guys could bench 315x6 without steroids..."

This won't be a popular opinion here perhaps, but I don't think so. 315x6 = ~355-375 lb max. The average male is 197.9 lbs, that's counting obese people and fat fucks out there. The USPA "drug tested" 198 lb raw national bench record is 447.5 lbs.

So not to project, my bench is shit and I don't really care about the lift. But obviously guys using drugs (even if it says drug free, obviously they are) and devoting tons of time to improve their benches as powerlifters - and 447 is the record. I'm over analyzing that statement probably, but I just don't think so at all. I think people will average genetics will struggle to rep out 3 plates, unless they are specifically, anatomically built to bench well. So now we'd have to include a swathe of below average genetic people, and everyone is natty?

But I mean whatever really. Just over analyzing. Definitely achievable by many. I just don't think "most", naturally at least.
Thinking 'average male" bench for 5 reps would be around 185. A middle ground for the strong side and weak side. Don't often see 3 plates on bench unless it's an obvious lifter or a big corn fed boy whos over 6ft and north of 275lb body weight.

I think you guys over estimate the average male.
185x5 is way more than most people can do. I look around my office and 185 lbs could probably kill a few people.
Although Zanderlini was talking about how much the average person COULD bench if they trained. I think 275 x 1 would be closer to potential average than 315 x 6.

Thinking 'average male" bench for 5 reps would be around 185. A middle ground for the strong side and weak side. Don't often see 3 plates on bench unless it's an obvious lifter or a big corn fed boy whos over 6ft and north of 275lb body weight.
185 x 5? For the average trained man, perhaps. The average untrained man probably can’t bench 135 x 5.

Back