Windy 16 oz training gloves

shima said:
I have had these gloves for just over 2 months. Train with them about twice a week. Took a break for the holidays. Came back to train last week and noticed that the leather has started to wear slightly on the palm side of the gloves near the thumb and pretty heavy under the fingers in the creases. I figured with the Windy name they wouldn't show signs of wear until after at least 6 months of heavy use. Just thought I would share my experiences with these gloves since I made my purchase based off this review.

I bought a pair in September and in December I started to notice that the stitching inside the glove had started to come apart so that the padding was coming out. CSI offered to exchange them for a new pair (good customer service)but in the end I didn't want to be without the gloves so I'll just live with it. It doesn't affect the performance anyway but It surprised me that the Windy quality wasn't better.

i notice a lot of people saying they use this glove for bag and mitt work. aren't these training aka sparring gloves? i ask because i'd be afraid that they will break down faster with lots of bag work.

^ Good question, I'm wondering the same.

But I think it would be okay..

Anyone have a pair of 16oz gloves they don't need? Let me know.

Back