Windy Gear Pic's

Sickwindsor

White Belt
Reaction score
Ive already made my glowing review of Windy gear and I think their products are top notch.Now I just thought I would share some up close pic's of the fit and finish of these items.

Luke

d0be6dad.jpg

57d8477c.jpg

348c8d79.jpg

362f5030.jpg

f6ffbac0.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

awesome pics, the craftsmanship looks excellent... do u think u can get a pic of the palm side of the windy gloves?.. thanks! :)

supersudo said:
awesome pics, the craftsmanship looks excellent... do u think u can get a pic of the palm side of the windy gloves?.. thanks! :)

You can find more detailed pic's of the gloves on another windy thread in this sections.And thanks for the kind comments.

Luke

I was debating on gettin the the Standard WIndy shin pads or the ones you got i'd mainly use them for heavy bag kicks (my heavy bag feels like a rock:icon_sad:) and leg check and sparring drills.and maybe some sparring....maybe.:icon_surp

What do you reccomend I get?

Crazy_Jab215 said:
I was debating on gettin the the Standard WIndy shin pads or the ones you got i'd mainly use them for heavy bag kicks (my heavy bag feels like a rock:icon_sad:) and leg check and sparring drills.and maybe some sparring....maybe.:icon_surp

What do you reccomend I get?

Well the rounded style shin pad or the standard windy has more pad area.It covers more of the front muscle area of your shin/leg.Id recomend it for a beginner or someone thats worried about mis-hits stince it offers you more protection.When I 1st started I had a bad habbit of turning my leg lover to much and was hitting the target with the side of my leg insted of the front.I like these since it teaches me to be accurate since there is just padding mostly on the front bone.But thats what your supoose to be using anyway.On a fairtex 150lb bag I don't really feel anything with these shin pad's on for leg kicks so if you have good form you will be fine.If you want more protection Id say go with the bigger style.But I like the feeling of being light weight and almost feeling like they arnt even on.Hope this helps.

Luke

Thanks for the pics. This really sold me on the quality!

Thanks for the review and the pics. Have you trained mma in those shinguards? Do you think they would work well for it?

im sure they're work fine if you taped up the velcro so that it didn't come undone or scratch anybody.

nice do you order from the company site itself or another fight store

Hi Guys,

Windy is not a bad brand. However there are better brands out there that come in at the same price as Windy. There is no doubt that the craftman ship of Windy's products are good. However the problem resides with the leather they use. They use a cheap leather in comparsion to Fairtex, Twins, King and Raja, which means that the products do not last as long and are not as durable. I am sorry if I have offended anyone but I thought I would just let you know the facts.

Thanks,

John

Hi Guys,

Windy is not a bad brand. However there are better brands out there that come in at the same price as Windy. There is no doubt that the craftman ship of Windy's products are good. However the problem resides with the leather they use. They use a cheap leather in comparsion to Fairtex, Twins, King and Raja, which means that the products do not last as long and are not as durable. I am sorry if I have offended anyone but I thought I would just let you know the facts.

Thanks,

John

Your marketing isn't very subtle. Lol.

Here's some pics of Windy's Pride Style MMA gloves

windy-pride01.jpg

windy-pride02.jpg

Back