Windy TG-5 16oz Initial Review

wow, never heard of this site before, but thank you! I see the 49.99 price but it changes to 79.99 in cart :(

Weird because its only happening on certain items. People have reported this error in another thread so I have been playing around with it. Certain items....the sale price goes in the cart, other items it does not. I agree with nomilkforsanta....give them a shout. Very helpful people on the phone:)

call them tomorrow, it is an error in the system.

Weird because its only happening on certain items. People have reported this error in another thread so I have been playing around with it. Certain items....the sale price goes in the cart, other items it does not. I agree with nomilkforsanta....give them a shout. Very helpful people on the phone:)

Thanks, will do guys

How are the Windy's holding up? Im considering these for my next gloves. Im looking for something super durable that can take an absolute beating for years. These suitable for pure boxing? I'm generally not into thai style gloves but i like the look of these and the thai gloves seem more durable than western boxing gloves in the same price range

How are the Windy's holding up? Im considering these for my next gloves. Im looking for something super durable that can take an absolute beating for years. These suitable for pure boxing? I'm generally not into thai style gloves but i like the look of these and the thai gloves seem more durable than western boxing gloves in the same price range

So far so good. Starting to loosen up a bit which is nice. I think you could use these for pure boxing. The wrist support is top notch. Has a different feel than a western boxing glove, but like you....I am a fan of the thai style glove also.

So far so good. Starting to loosen up a bit which is nice. I think you could use these for pure boxing. The wrist support is top notch. Has a different feel than a western boxing glove, but like you....I am a fan of the thai style glove also.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I just have one last question and it's about the sizing. I am a heavyweight with medium sized hands. I usually go for 18 oz gloves if they aren't too bulky or have too big of a hand compartment. Would the 18 oz version of these be too bulky and big inside?

Cool, thanks for the reply. I just have one last question and it's about the sizing. I am a heavyweight with medium sized hands. I usually go for 18 oz gloves if they aren't too bulky ir have too big of a hand compartment. Would the 18 oz version of these be too bulky and big inside?

I can offer an opinion because I have the 18's. This type of thing can be a bit relative, but I think you should be fine. I'm 5'9 at 170 and the 18oz version feels roomy but not too roomy. I use more of a Thai-style wrap so the extra space isn't an issue. I'd say I have average to medium hands (my wrists are a little over 7' in circumference, if that in some way helps).

The thing to remember is that these gloves have a break-in period. They may not be comfortable at first and the use of a knuckle pad is a good idea until they've softened and the inner-most layer of padding has molded to your knuckles.

Although they are initially stiff/hard, how are they for sparring?

I can offer an opinion because I have the 18's. This type of thing can be a bit relative, but I think you should be fine. I'm 5'9 at 170 and the 18oz version feels roomy but not too roomy. I use more of a Thai-style wrap so the extra space isn't an issue. I'd say I have average to medium hands (my wrists are a little over 7' in circumference, if that in some way helps).

The thing to remember is that these gloves have a break-in period. They may not be comfortable at first and the use of a knuckle pad is a good idea until they've softened and the inner-most layer of padding has molded to your knuckles.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably go for the 18's then since the TS mentioned thai gloves tend to come in a bit light. I really hope they live up to their reputation for durability. A long break in time is no problem for me. If the glove lasts a couple of years then its totally worth the effort.

this gloves are working for me well. took 2 hard sessions to break them in, and its awesome afterwards.

this gloves are working for me well. took 2 hard sessions to break them in, and its awesome afterwards.

Agreed. Mine have hit that super comfortable level. Kinda want to get another pair from Fight Gear but I want black this time and I don't think they have them in 16oz.

JUST picked up a pair from a guy on craigslist... Literally 10 minutes ago. EXCITED

JUST picked up a pair from a guy on craigslist... Literally 10 minutes ago. EXCITED

Damn dude!!!! Where do you live? My craigslist has nothing and I mean nothing but Everlast garbage!!!!! The occasional TKO but nothing else!!! Congrats on the find:)

Damn dude!!!! Where do you live? My craigslist has nothing and I mean nothing but Everlast garbage!!!!! The occasional TKO but nothing else!!! Congrats on the find:)

Lol i live in california... San jose to be exact lol brand new pair for 40 bucks... Snug fit

Oh man, you're gonna hate me even more: I picked up a brand new pair of Fairtex-made Golden Gear BGE1 16oz. gloves on CL for $25 earlier this year. Prior to that, I picked up a brand-new pair of Top King K-1 shorts for $20 a couple years back. But those are exceptional finds; plenty of Neverlast garbage here in So Cal too haha!

Oh man, you're gonna hate me even more: I picked up a brand new pair of Fairtex-made Golden Gear BGE1 16oz. gloves on CL for $25 earlier this year. Prior to that, I picked up a brand-new pair of Top King K-1 shorts for $20 a couple years back. But those are exceptional finds; plenty of Neverlast garbage here in So Cal too haha!

I ended up getting some tokushu plus for $70 off of craigslist.

Back