• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Winning 10 oz boxing gloves Review:Place holder

I don't think you need a place holder brotha if you have nothing written yet :)

I'm sure he's just pumped up and can't wait for the gloves to get here.

Hey Gents,

I bought these gloves off of craig's list, they are from 2008, they are pro fight gloves but have the original Logo, before Winning changed their logo for pro fight gloves. The person never used them and the gloves were in mint and perfect shape.

The difference between winning and other brands is that, no matter what size you get in the lace up, 8 oz or 18 oz, the padding/foam, is the same, the only difference now is the logo between 8&10 and the heavier gloves.

Grants for example, use completely different padding between their training and pro fight gloves.

Winning uses the same foam/Leather no matter what size you get of their lace ups.

the gloves:

Soft and high quality. My hand slides right in these gloves and you can make a super comfortable fist with them. the padding is only two layers thick, but with wraps, these babies, give me the best protection i've had.

Size: They're compact, as you'd expect a 10 oz glove to be, but wider, and longer than others are. For a pro fight gloves, they're pretty wide and my hand is very comfortable in these.

Im just starting to break them in and the more I do, the better they are.

Winning knows what balance is. When holding them from the bottom, these gloves don't bend, and aren't what is commonly called, "top heavy", yes, most of the padding is on the knuckles, but they're extremely well balanced and I can get these gloves on myself.

When I have wraps on and slide my hands in these, it gives good wrist support, and when someone ties them, its excellent.

Because winning has such good padding, if you intend to use these for bag work, getting anything higher that 10 oz, is overkill. But for sparring 14 oz/16 oz would be good. It absorbs 99% of the shock on the bag.

Because its just me versus the heavy bag, all I need is to protect my hands, (not a sparring partner), so when it comes to winnings, 10 oz is great for bag work.

this is just an initial finding. I wish I could tell you these gloves aren't worth it, but they are. extremely. Save up, buy em, and save your hands and knuckles some, "heart ache".

No pics!??

90% of the review are good pics and 10% is text...

No pics!??

90% of the review are good pics and 10% is text...

Nah,I can look at pics all over the web generally,having someones opinions etc is more important.

Come on, I want to see the pics!

Excellent review! Even without the pics the description is really good.

I have some myself and agree entirely with what you said.

Thanks again and keep up the good work sir!

Back