Winning Boxing Equipment from America Ya in Japan 2.0

The velcro is more convenient. It won't have the same amount of wrist support as the lace up version, but I feel its good enough considering the use of wrist wraps.

The lace up version with the use of lace 'n loop converters also works well.
But it still isnt quite as convenient at the velcro version.

If you are used to gloves that have a lot of wrist support, such as the Cleto Reyes velcro glove, it might take some time to get used to the Winning velcro version.
Sorry to interrupt but I really don’t think much of the winning Velcro. There is no padding on the inside of the wrist they are different to the lace ups they are like a bag mit there. I would never buy winning Velcro glove for the money I would buy lace up and a lace converter or fly Velcro gloves.

Sorry to interrupt but I really don’t think much of the winning Velcro. There is no padding on the inside of the wrist they are different to the lace ups they are like a bag mit there. I would never buy winning Velcro glove for the money I would buy lace up and a lace converter or fly Velcro gloves.

I think most people would agree with you on that for sure.
You make a great point. Considering the price of them, it really does make sense to go with the lace ups, and use a Lace 'N Loop converter.

My first pair were the 16 oz. So I opted for convenience. When I bought the 12 oz. Gloves, I just grabbed Velcro since that was what I already owned.

I mentioned previously about the Velcro being good. Meaning that it seems to be industrial quality and seems like it can hold up to many cycles of opening and closing before it would eventually fail.
The same could be said for most brands most likely.

I agree on the lack of wrist support on the winning Velcro. With no wrist padding, wrist support is minimal.

For me personally with my 12 oz. Velcro gloves (pad use), I'm ok with the Velcro level support.

The 16 oz. Velcro gloves (heavy bag) seem to be good to go for me with the wrist support.

I've only used my lace-up gloves for sparring so I don't know how much better they would feel on the heavy bag, compared to the Velcro to be honest.

I don't want to use them on the heavy bag, since they are for sparring only. I want to be a good training partner, so I only use them for that.

My next trip to Japan I know I'll end up buying another pair, just because I'll take advantage of the buying opportunity.

The next pair will be lace ups. Just not sure what weight I'll get. Some purple, green, or silver lace ups would be pretty sweet.

The Lace 'N Loop converters seem to work pretty well for for me. I've used them on some Top Boxer Win 1 gloves, and think they are pretty convenient.

You make a great point. Considering the price of them, it really does make sense to go with the lace ups, and use a Lace 'N Loop converter.

My first pair were the 16 oz. So I opted for convenience. When I bought the 12 oz. Gloves, I just grabbed Velcro since that was what I already owned.

I mentioned previously about the Velcro being good. Meaning that it seems to be industrial quality and seems like it can hold up to many cycles of opening and closing before it would eventually fail.

I agree on the lack of wrist support on the winning Velcro. With no wrist padding, wrist support is minimal.

For me personally with my 12 oz. Velcro gloves (pad use), I'm ok with the Velcro level support.

The 16 oz. Velcro gloves (heavy bag) seem to be good to go for me with the wrist support.

I've only used my lace-up gloves for sparring so I don't know how much better they would feel on the heavy bag, compared to the Velcro to be honest.

I don't want to use them on the heavy bag, since they are for sparring only. I want to be a good training partner, so I only use them for that.

My next trip to Japan I know I'll end up buying another pair, just because I'll take advantage of the buying opportunity.

The next pair will be lace ups. Just not sure what weight I'll get. Some purple, green, or silver lace ups would be pretty sweet.

The Lace 'N Loop converters seem to work pretty well for for me. I've used them on some Top Boxer Win 1 gloves, and think they are pretty convenient.
In the uk there are new strap and seal as lace n loops are hard to get hold of. I guess for your new gloves maybe go 14oz so in the middle of the range! I would really like some custom sky blue and sliver gloves at some point

Hii thnx for your opinion. It’s good to share information about the gloves.

I still don’t have the velcro only the lace up, so im curious. The velcro looks clean not like lace up with lace and loop and also excuse for me to get another winning gloves LOL.

But i agree with you, compare to reyes and fly which have padding, big and solid velcro, winning velcro seems not too good.

I think you are right, like you said before if we feel comfortable with reyes velcro, i think winning velcro will not as good as reyes. But i will try it since you said didn’t feel too much different.

Why don’t you try 10oz since you don’t have the horse hair one and already have the training in 12 and 16. My suggestion you take both green and purple since you get directly from there or you will regret it again later lol

I think you are right, like you said before if we feel comfortable with reyes velcro, i think winning velcro will not as good as reyes. But i will try it since you said didn’t feel too much different.

Why don’t you try 10oz since you don’t have the horse hair one and already have the training in 12 and 16. My suggestion you take both green and purple since you get directly from there or you will regret it again later lol

I wanted to clarify between the Winning Velcro and Reyes Velcro.

The Reyes provides much better wrist support than the Winning Velcro.

For me personally, using wrist wraps and the Winning Velcro gloves for mitts and heavy bag is good enough for me.

However, I want to be clear in my opinion that the Reyes Velcro DOES give better wrist support.

Last edited:
@Endy

I just took these pictures.
I hope these help you with your decision.

You can see the difference in the wrist padding and how much I can flex my wrist in each glove.

** These pictures were taken with NO wrist wraps.
With wrist wraps the amount of flex in the wrist is different that what is shown in my pictures.

I hope this helps.

SmartSelect_20210119-224218_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210119-224234_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210119-224255_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210119-224309_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210119-224326_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210119-224400_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210119-224420_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210119-224434_Gallery.jpg

The video is presented in Korean, but it shows the differences well.

"Winning glove velcro vs rope"

Great post the only person I know from my gym that got Velcro over laces regretted it nearly instantly and had to wait 8months for a new laces pair to come. I saw them and just didn’t seem good at all for pads/ drills / sparring

@Endy

I just took these pictures.
I hope these help you with your decision.

You can see the difference in the wrist padding and how much I can flex my wrist in each glove.

** These pictures were taken with NO wrist wraps.
With wrist wraps the amount of flex in the wrist is different that what is shown in my pictures.

I hope this helps.

View attachment 826989

View attachment 826990

View attachment 826991

View attachment 826992

View attachment 826993

View attachment 826994

View attachment 826995

View attachment 826996

Haha awesome!!! very details, thank you for showing it. I met many people wearing winning, but never with the velcro.
seems like winning velcro just to close the wrist, not giving protection lol

Last edited:
Great post the only person I know from my gym that got Velcro over laces regretted it nearly instantly and had to wait 8months for a new laces pair to come. I saw them and just didn’t seem good at all for pads/ drills / sparring

yes, that’s one of the main problem. If they don’t have the color we want, after regreting it we still need to waiting few months to get it. I have other custom gloves, and they just need few weeks to made it lol.

Incidentally, in Japan the punching machine games usually have winning velcro gloves (or martial world if the arcade owners are cheapskates).
I tried one on there and while they weren't as bad as I feared, definitely not on par with my favorite gloves when it comes to wrist support.
Then again, imho wrist support on Winning lace ups isn't the greatest either.

Whats the best place to buy winnings from since Rakuten closed? Looking to get a pair of black 16oz laceups for sparring soon but the prices are pretty jacked up in most places

Whats the best place to buy winnings from since Rakuten closed? Looking to get a pair of black 16oz laceups for sparring soon but the prices are pretty jacked up in most places
For some reason, Winning inventory seems to be really low everywhere, and prices have gone up. I just bought a pair from Kozuji, but even they had very low stock. A lot of sizes were only available in blue. I’ve heard stores in Japan that stock their gloves are also very low on inventory. I’m not sure if there has been some kind of manufacturing interruption or what. Anyway, Winning USA and Kozuji are probably your best bets. Kozuji is likely going to be a little more expensive but they get them shipped out really fast. My most recent pair from last week came from Japan to Atlanta in just 3 days.

win.jpg win2.jpg These have come up used for $320 ish. Are they in good enough condition to satisfy the price?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210704_104644_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    Screenshot_20210704_104644_com.ebay.kleinanzeigen.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 0
Hi everyone, bought a pair of winning gloves around 3/4 years ago on Rakuten for around 25000 Yen it was the MS-600's 16oz. I have just came to look and buy and new pair however found Rakuten has shut down business effectively. I am from the UK could someone recommend the best and cheapest place for me to get a pair of 16oz MS-600 winning gloves that are 100% authentic. Appreciate the help guys!

Back