Winning FG-2900 Headgear Review

i got mine shipped directly to my manufacture i'm hoping they will send it back with the prototype they make for me so i can compare but i think we are going to miscommunicate on this one and i'll only see my prototype. Miscommunication with overseas manufacturies is expected allmost any topic discussed

well i got my prototype, not i have to find an original to compare it with. already i noticed differences like non padding eardrum protector, and no quick snap chin strap, but that is fine wasn't going that direction.

i have a few questions,

Is the inner liner on the winning headgear smooth leather?
does the outside of the padding feel softer then the inside?

Im not doubting the quality of Winning products at all.
Ive recently ordered from them, and I know how good their products are.

But I need headgear with extra nose-protection. How is the nose protection on this?
The nose seems to be wide-open and prone to straight shots(Jabs and Crosses).

The FG 5000 is too expensive, so I was thinking about ordering the Cleto-Reyes E388 facebar headgear(please check it out at cletoreyes.com.mx or wbcme.co.uk). It has almost the exact same design. Im not sure how the quality of padding will match with Winning though.

I am afraid that this type of headgear(FG 5000 & E388) will limit my vision since Im training Muay Thai. Im afraid that the bar will interfere with seeing kicks(low kicks in particular, but all kicks generally).

What would you guys say?

how is the nose protection on this?
The nose seems to be wide-open and prone to straight shots(Jabs and Crosses).

I was thinking about ordering the Cleto-Reyes E388 facebar headgear(please check it out at cletoreyes.com.mx or wbcme.co.uk), but I am afraid it will limit my vision since Im training Muay Thai.
Im afraid that the bar will interfere with seeing kicks(low kicks in particular, but all kicks generally).

What would you guys say?

ive read that the cleto reyes does prevent some vision. For kickboxing you should look at some twins or fairtex.

I would also like the nose question to be answered.

And has anyone seen winning headgear or atleast gloves in blue? i want to see the color before i get it.

ive read that the cleto reyes does prevent some vision. For kickboxing you should look at some twins or fairtex.

Do you mean the specific Reyes headgear that I asked about, or did you mean Reyes headgear in general?

Id rather pay full price for Winning than take chances with Twins or Fairtex.

Do you mean the specific Reyes headgear that I asked about, or did you mean Reyes headgear in general?

Id rather pay full price for Winning than take chances with Twins or Fairtex.

the facebar one.

okay, Im gonna need somebody to answer the nose protection question soon! Im going to be ordering from Winning in the next few days(tomorrow or after tomorrow), so Ill need a quick but definite answer...

Oh and thanks BC727 for replying. I changed my mind about the Cleto-Reyes headgear anyway.

okay, Im gonna need somebody to answer the nose protection question soon! Im going to be ordering from Winning in the next few days(tomorrow or after tomorrow), so Ill need a quick but definite answer...

Oh and thanks BC727 for replying. I changed my mind about the Cleto-Reyes headgear anyway.

np, and i would also like that question answered.

But if no one does they do have a retrun policy, keep in mind though you wont find a headgear with much more protection unless u get a facebar.

they have a return policy he has sent me products just to see if they are how i want them im not sure if thats the policy but im sure he will take returns if its not the correct fit!

Im probably gonna order mine in the next day or two as well, what color are you set on? im going with the blue (i will post pics).

Im gonna go with red since ill be getting red gloves to go with it.

Man didnt know this thread was still going. Good to see some people get something out of it, I was frustrated also when trying to find reviews online and couldnt find any about the winning fg-2900 headgear.
Some people were wondering about nose protection,
It doesnt fully cover the nose but provides the best protection without going with a full face head gear that i know of due to the extra padding on the cheeks preventing the nose from being flattened. That is the best i can describe it for protection for the nose area, if you are serious about training and can afford it i would definetly go with this headgear.

Can someone tell me the website you ordered yours from?

Wow prices sure have gone up since you guys bought it. Thank you.

it's too bad there aren't any retailers that carry Winning so we could order from one site instead of from Winning and then from wherever we need the rest of our gear, and to use coupon codes.

Im selling my Winning FG 2900. Its Blue in Size L. Used 20 times Max (maybe less)

PM me.

Back