• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Winning MS-700 Review w/ Photos

ElvisFan9889

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
About the Purchase:

These were purchased from Ratkuten from a shop in Japan. I saved approx. $60.00 USD by not buying from Winning U.S.A. Also, they charge your credit card in Japanese yen. Some credit card companies may charge a 1-3% currency conversion charge. Although this will probably amount for most people to less than $5.00 I just wanted people to be aware. On my bank statement, it came up simply as another charge in USD and I wasn't charged any fees.

Total cost: $355 USD (The price in yen was 34,070) Including free screen-printing of my initials.

As soon as you order, Steve will send you a total charge for shipping and handling. You confirm it via email and he charges your credit card. It's pretty simple and Steve is excellent at customer service.

Shipping: Via EMS. I received my gloves in 4 days. Pretty fast considering they're coming from Japan to Pennsylvania.

Quality: This doesn't really need to be stated, but, Winning is all about quality, durability and hand-safety. To say that these gloves have a casual elegance is quite an understatement. These are the most unassuming boxing gloves you will see. When you take a closer look, there's a different story. Every line, stitch, and piece of leather, is flawless. If you want to make a fashion statement, these gloves aren't for you. That's not to say they are bad looking, just simple.

Lining: Winning uses a thick nylon interior. Part of the reason winning lasts so long as that this material is so thick and well made, it doesn't let sweat into the padding. It's perfectly glued down and is smooth to touch, yet, very thick.

Leather: Flawless, thick, just gorgeous, slightly glossy look to it.

Padding: These gloves are about protection without weighing your hands down. It is made with a special multi-layer foam that absorbs impact perfectly while staying light.

Making Contact: When you make contact with the bag or mitts, you definitely know you've hit something, but with the impact practically gone, you can hit very hard and not feel a thing. It's sort of difficult to describe. It's not something I'm used to, but I put a dent in the bag and didn't even feel it.

Wrist Support: This is really the only area to be critical of them. Most gloves I've tried have had firmer support than these. If they added just a little firmer material they would be even better. Given their shock absorbing qualities, this doesn't turn out to be that big of a deal, but it's something to point out.

Grant vs. winning: I hate to dignify Grant with this kind of discussion, but, the only reason I am talking about this is because Grant's prices have blown up. I believe the cost of Grant Orthopedic training glove w/o special colors is $425. I read an online blog about a $400.00 pair of grant's lasting 4 months and I also read Grant's response to emails. It shows such a clear lack of belief in a product and just terrible treatment of customers.

Grant's glove haven't changed since their design back when I bought a pair from ringside for 114.95. They are prettier versions of their old gloves. Grant is 90% marketing and endorsements. Yes, they are pretty, but, Grant gloves are analogous to a college girl who Tans a lot. Is she hot? Yes. But, you keep it up for twenty years, she looks like wrinkled leather. Grant's beauty fades and the padding won't last half as long as Winning. You can see pictures online of a pair of Grants after only 4 months of use (The leather is scuffed and stitching is coming un-done)

I've heard of Winning gloves padding to in perfect shape after 4 years + of use. You can't beat it.

Even Bill B., who shows unusually strong support for grant, told me the following when I asked him about Grant's leather:"I'm not that impressed with their leather after some use" For someone who has an odd attachment to Grant, that doesn't sound that great to me.

Value: I'm not saying Winning gloves aren't inexpensive. They are, but, buying a piece of Winning equipment, isn't just another purchase; it's an investment in safety and will be a lot cheaper than treating a broken hand or wrist. So, to me, it was worth it. Clearly if you can't afford these, a good pair of RingtoCage or Title, or Fairtex will work fine, just don't expect them to last nearly as long or be as light.

Summary
+Best quality in the world
+Best hand protection
+Excellent value vs. Grant and is cheaper than Grant.
+/- Simple style
+/- Price, is what it is, worth it to me.
+/- wrist support could be firmer (not a big deal in the end)

Don't believe Bill or Grant's bull. Winning is the best combination of comfort and protection you will find. These gloves will serve you well for years of abuse. They are worth the price of protection in such a demanding sport.

23rs2kz.jpg

nn8v8i.jpg

a2eq1h.jpg

The 1st pair of MS-700 I have seen.

Awesome review! Congratulations!

Beautiful review, I wonder how the 18oz differes from the 16oz

I always felt grant would be considered number 3. I always felt the major battle was between reyes and winning as far as craftsmanship.

So winning has questionable wrist support even with lace-up?

Are these customs? What did the shipping cost come out to be?

The wrist support on Winnings is okay. I can easily say Bills have more support on the wrist despite having almost no padding on the bottom of the wrist.

Yea, reyes leather is excellent. You can smell the leather before the box is opened, but the leather on these is flawless, just not as natural perhaps as reyes seems to be. I just hate the thumb position of reyes.

No, they're not custom colors. Standard red on the website. I wish they still made these with white pipping.

So was 355 total cost or was there added shipping?

$355 included the 5% handling charge and I believe shipping was 35.

I glove's cost ~305 usd

Ah ok so 355 was the out the door cost, got it!
Sorry misunderstood what you were saying in the review.
Thanks bro.

Back