Winning Velcro 16oz Gloves with pics

Airdyne23

The Violent Art
@purple
Reaction score
Review as requested by krnguy. This is my second pair of these gloves, my first pair are in the post your gear thread with Mikey Mike. I took some time off training but now i'm back so I grabbed another pair. I resized the pics too, the first ones were too big.

Winning MS-600-B Velcro Training Gloves White- 16oz

Manufacturers Description: Winning Velcro gloves are manufactured by Winning in Japan with the experienced craftsmanship. Our gloves are safe and of the best quality in the industry, supported by many Boxing Champs in the World for a long time

Product Description: Velcro Gloves (For Training)

Nice review....but wow $300? is that Aus or US currency?

$285 US +$30 US EMS shipping = $315 US.

They are insanely expensive. But put it this way, I've seen some Winnings that are 2-3 years old and still in great condition. On the other hand, a guy at my gym bought some Protex 3's and they fell apart in a month. He then bought a second pair hoping it was a one off and unfortunately they fell apart too.

He paid $220 US PER PAIR!! And the shipping cost back to the US for replacement was not worth the trouble. So yes, I dropped $300 on these babies, but if you get a couple of years out of them (which you do) then it works out cheaper than replacing $60 gloves every 6 months.

Plus, they are just so great to wear. You only live once right?

Great review! very descriptive. I'm about to get a pair pretty soon, can't wait.

Great review! very descriptive. I'm about to get a pair pretty soon, can't wait.

Thanks man! you'll love them, words can't do them justice. When you put 'em on and put in some rounds on the pads and in sparring you'll never go back to anything else.

I should give props to ECS, his review was the reason I bought them in the first place. Man, I'm so glad I read it and dropped the cash on them.

Next up, custom Winning. Once everything in Fukushima prefecture is back to normal (the Winning factory is located there).

Uh oh! Looks someone is addicted to gear lol ;)

Mainly because dudes like you keep pumping out reviews that add fuel to the gear addiction fire!

By the way, I just want you to know I will never, EVER leave these out to dry on the front porch. ;-)

Uh oh! Looks someone is addicted to gear lol ;)

Trust me, I've been addicted to buying gear for years now. I just put in an order for a new custom mouthguard from grill guards. So I gotta wait till next month till I buy some new winnings:icon_chee

Weird. I could've sworn somebody did the very same review on the same exact gloves (same pictures even) a few months ago and sold them to somebody else on Sherdog. :icon_conf

Weird. I could've sworn somebody did the very same review on the same exact gloves (same pictures even) a few months ago and sold them to somebody else on Sherdog. :icon_conf

Haha, I couldn't tell if you were joking or not. But yeah, they are the same pictures. I sold them to Mikey Mike who now has them in the post your gear thread.

Then I was thinking about buying some more, found the folder with the old pictures I took for Sherdog and got all nostalgic and shit, then dropped the hammer on another pair lol. I was actually going to get them in lace-up but Winning only has 16oz lace-ups in red in stock so I went for the velcro.

Don't even get me started on the Winning stuff man, I've been reading your review with the gold stuff and I can see my bank account shuddering at the thought already.

:D

Haha, ok. :icon_chee

Winning gear is awesome. Would like to buy more but even I realize that I really shouldn't be buying any more gear. But it's so awesome. :icon_chee

Nice review man, tho I will never buy them. They seams too wide for me.
Anyway, I wish you enjoy training with them more than before.

Thank mate, nice review. But total prices are too high, this price I can buy the 2 pairs of fairtex gloves.

Mainly because dudes like you keep pumping out reviews that add fuel to the gear addiction fire!

By the way, I just want you to know I will never, EVER leave these out to dry on the front porch. ;-)

Agree. I know i shouldn't go on this forum. One of these days I'm going to get off my lazy ass and post the pics of all the gear I have gotten and I'll post the name of who influenced me to get it. My wife will be after you guys! Ha!

On the Winnings note, I was talking to my coach and he owns a pair of yellow ones. Pretty much agrred with all the positive things said. Not sure of getting them myself since I probably don't train as much as most of you guys. Said just put aside a couple bucks here and there and get them. Definitely said they are worth it.

Another question. for those of you with Winnings, if you had a chance, would you let Manny Pacquiao sign them?

So that we can't use them anymore? Never. :mad:

That's what I said. Might not use my crappest gear but wouldn't use $300 for sure. Though he did say he has hed them for a couple years and wouldn't mind the excuse for a new pair. Bastard has some disposable income with no wife or kids.

Haha, ok. :icon_chee

Winning gear is awesome. Would like to buy more but even I realize that I really shouldn't be buying any more gear. But it's so awesome. :icon_chee

2dpcp4.jpg

My pitiful collection. Pictured- FG-5000, Grant cup, Reyes cup, MS-600 B, Reyes 16oz lace training. Reyes 10oz pro fight (horsehair) in black and red, Adidas boots.

Not pictured and on the way- Ringside IMF, Reyes 10z Safe-Tec, Winning MS-600 lace.

Not pictured but on the wish list because of bloody Gonzaginator- about a million dollars worth of custom gold Winning. :icon_lol:

Yeah, blame me. :icon_neut :icon_chee
Awesome gear. I was gonna get some Reyes pro fight gloves but they said the padding only works for 15 or so rounds then you can't use them anymore, I wasn't gonna pay 150 bucks or so on a glove like that. :icon_conf
What do you use them for and is the padding durable?

Are those downright cletos safetecs?
I have a problem with mine, some pading piece is glued out so I must set it in place every time before put the gloves on.

So instead of getting a pair of Cleto's and Grants, or even some more D3O gear, your recommend a pair of Winnings???

Dangit guys... I have plans to go skydiving and attend Phoenix Comic Con.... I NEED TO SAVE MONIES!!

Back