Winning Velcro 16oz Gloves with pics

@ Denno,
i need your help here please. i am an asian 173cm tall and weigh around 65kg. i am in the market for a pair of all around gloves and i think winning is my best bet. i am going to use them for bag, mitts, and sparring. what size do you think i should get 14 or 16oz? i know i have to wear 16oz for sparring but i am just worried 16oz would be too bulky for bag work. and should i get lace ups or velcro. it seems like velcro is easy to take on and off but i heard they are lack of wrist support. btw i can't invest in 2 pairs of gloves.

You would be good with 14oz imo, that is what mayweather spars in at 155lbs.

How do you know Floyd spars in 14oz?

I saw it in one of the boxing shows I watch, I think it could of been 24/7 - Mayweather is stickler for glove weights, in the Cotto fight Floyd was trying to get them to use 8oz gloves because that is what he was used to but Cotto did not want any part of it. Now if Mayweather fights in 8oz gloves do you really think he is going to spar in twice the weight?

And Floyd is just a little guy, so these would be some very compact 16oz gloves...

Floyd Mayweather can spar in whatever the hell he wants because he's Floyd Mayweather. He could practically spar in 4oz MMA gloves and he'd still be getting sparring partners because he's paying them and there will always be guys that want to spar with him.

If youre 65kg you should just spar with 16oz to avoid any issues, because a lot of gyms and coaches are going to tell you you need 16oz at that weight and your sparring partners might not be vocal about it but theyll definitely take note if youve got 14oz whilst theyre struggling away with 16oz. 16oz is more protective for your partner, which is the most important thing, and itll help you with your conditioning. I fight at around that weight and have only ever used 16oz for sparring and it's not like theyre too heavy and most guys that size spar with 16oz, and Winning is supposed to feel really light anyway. 16oz isnt too bulky for bagwork either imo, Ive heard Winning is a bit on the big side like Twins but Ive used Twins 16oz for bagwork just fine.

my 2c

Floyd Mayweather can spar in whatever the hell he wants because he's Floyd Mayweather. He could practically spar in 4oz MMA gloves and he'd still be getting sparring partners because he's paying them and there will always be guys that want to spar with him.

If youre 65kg you should just spar with 16oz to avoid any issues, because a lot of gyms and coaches are going to tell you you need 16oz at that weight and your sparring partners might not be vocal about it but theyll definitely take note if youve got 14oz whilst theyre struggling away with 16oz. 16oz is more protective for your partner, which is the most important thing, and itll help you with your conditioning. I fight at around that weight and have only ever used 16oz for sparring and it's not like theyre too heavy and most guys that size spar with 16oz, and Winning is supposed to feel really light anyway. 16oz isnt too bulky for bagwork either imo, Ive heard Winning is a bit on the big side like Twins but Ive used Twins 16oz for bagwork just fine.

my 2c

Winnings are safer than standard gloves, so a 14oz winning glove is just as or safer than a 16oz std. glove.

that's not the point though, he might still get shit for sparring with 14oz

Also, 65kg is 143lbs - I have 100lbs on him, and I spar in 16oz; I started with 18oz but was told to get 16s.

that's not the point though, he might still get shit for sparring with 14oz

Just to be safe then, talk to your coach, but I do not see 14oz Winning gloves being an issue for your size, just be sure to tell him they are Winning.

Also, 65kg is 143lbs - I have 100lbs on him, and I spar in 16oz; I started with 18oz but was told to get 16s.

Im only 70kg, I just dont see a downside to using 16s over 14s where some ppl might be a little iffy over him using 14s but youre right he should definitely talk to his coach about this kinda thing and maybe the atmosphere in the gyms he trains at is different to the ones Im used to

I guess i have to talk to my coach then. Will the 16oz be too bulky for bag work? It looks kinda big compared to other 16oz gloves. How about the size difference between 14 and 16oz? I heard someone saying that the difference in size is a lot.

I guess i have to talk to my coach then. Will the 16oz be too bulky for bag work? It looks kinda big compared to other 16oz gloves. How about the size difference between 14 and 16oz? I heard someone saying that the difference in size is a lot.

16oz are perfectly fine for bagwork. They feel lighter than any other 16oz glove you can buy.

I saw it in one of the boxing shows I watch, I think it could of been 24/7 - Mayweather is stickler for glove weights, in the Cotto fight Floyd was trying to get them to use 8oz gloves because that is what he was used to but Cotto did not want any part of it. Now if Mayweather fights in 8oz gloves do you really think he is going to spar in twice the weight?

Yes, I believe he would spar in 16oz gloves. Because 16oz Winning gloves are lighter than any other 16oz glove. You would know this if you had ever used a pair.

To me they also look like 16oz gloves. I know because I am roughly the same height and weight as Floyd and also because my 16oz lace-ups look about that size when I wear them.

There's not a lot of factual information in your posts really.

Yes, I believe he would spar in 16oz gloves. Because 16oz Winning gloves are lighter than any other 16oz glove. You would know this if you had ever used a pair.

To me they also look like 16oz gloves. I know because I am roughly the same height and weight as Floyd and also because my 16oz lace-ups look about that size when I wear them.

There's not a lot of factual information in your posts really.

Well then, I guess there is no need to carry on this discussion, as you seem to be the all knowing on Winning and professional fighters.

Well then, I guess there is no need to carry on this discussion, as you seem to be the all knowing on Winning and professional fighters.

Seeing as you have no actual experience with the product in question, I agree.

This is, after all, a section for reviews?

Seeing as you have no actual experience with the product in question, I agree.

This is, after all, a section for reviews?

My friend has a pair of 14oz Winning that are the same size in the video posted above, and the pictures I have seen of Winning, there is a big difference is physical size with the different weights of gloves.

My friend has a pair of 14oz Winning that are the same size in the video posted above, and the pictures I have seen of Winning, there is a big difference is physical size with the different weights of gloves.

Also, they are strictly for sparring.

You don't have to use them strictly for sparring, my friend dropped $700 on their Winning gear, so the gloves are just used strictly for sparring to keep them in good shape.

Back